PDA

View Full Version : 'Fuge stocking

boobookitty
05/29/2003, 04:14 PM
Hi, all...

I recently set up a refugium on each of my two tanks...little HOT CPR dealies, mostly for growing macro. I've seeded them with sand, some bristle worms, snails, etc., all from the main tank. However, I'd like to do a better job of seeding them with other beneficial "stuff", such as pods, more active LS, etc. Do people usually sell or swap that stuff? I've only been to one frag swap (thanks, Larry!), but don't remember seeing that exchanged (although I suppose it's possible people were swapping baggies of sand without my seeing it :)). I'd like to do this relatively soon, rather than wait for the next swap to occur (unless one is near). I suppose I could do the 9 for $99 deal some have mentioned, but mostly I'm looking for something from a successfully established 'fuge/tank, rather than paying $200 to stock two small 'fuges (although I suppose I could split an order).

Any suggestions? Thanks...

bbk (aka Arthur)

David P
05/29/2003, 06:27 PM
You live in North hills right? Ken (Salt Creep) has a baggy of "stuff" I was going to pick up from him. If you want it Ill donate it to you.

boobookitty
05/30/2003, 11:29 AM
Hi, David...

That is a really nice offer. I actually live in Woodland Hills, work in Glendale, but I can travel anywhere in between. I can pick it up, meet someone somewhere...I'm pretty flexible.

So, what is "stuff"? :) And would there be enough for us to split? I'd feel kinda bad taking the whole thing.

Thanks again.

bbk

Anemone
05/30/2003, 12:32 PM
Arthur,

I thought you were going to change your screen name....

I'm out in Valencia and can give you some "stuff" if you want. Sand and associated worms for free, but mini-brittles, microstars, mysid shrimp, gammarus will cost you a little....

Kevin

David P
05/30/2003, 03:29 PM
I just siphoned out my sump again, and have a small number of mysids saved. Want some? There's not much, just a few adults and a swarm of smaller swimming whatnots.

this is a quote from a PM. If your interested, he has to get rid of it this weekend. Send me a PM and Ill call Ken and ok everything for ya.