PDA

View Full Version : H2O recycles 100 %

The H2O Guru
05/28/2003, 10:09 PM
This forum is a great idea.
Remember that even though water recycles ( 100 ) % the energy, chemicals used to clean and pump it to you are not recycled .
So if you can find a use for the discharge of your R.O. then please do so .
I have used our R.O. waste water to keep our bird bath full . The birds love the chemical free water and lots of plants grow under the over flow of the bath .
Fill a washing machine, water plants something .

Walter

Crawdad1
05/28/2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by The H2O Guru
This forum is a great idea.
Remember that even though water recycles ( 100 ) % the energy, chemicals used to clean and pump it to you are not recycled .
So if you can find a use for the discharge of your R.O. then please do so .
I have used our R.O. waste water to keep our bird bath full . The birds love the chemical free water and lots of plants grow under the over flow of the bath .
Fill a washing machine, water plants something .

Walter

I agree 100% I'm running a 50 gpd unit to fill my 700 gallon system. At first I was running the waste into my septic then I relized what a waste. I ended up running the waste water to my sump pump and now my bushes, flowers and grass are getting a very nice soaking.

craw

Laura D
05/29/2003, 01:10 PM
I run the waste water line from my Ro outside through a little crack in a poorly installed dryer vent, then I attached more tubing to make it very long. I move the output around to various flower beds as needed.

In the winter I use the waste water to fill up the washer, keep an eye on it though! It will overflow in no time.

asmujica
05/30/2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by mulberry

In the winter I use the waste water to fill up the washer, keep an eye on it though! It will overflow in no time.

You know you are addicted to reefing when you are used to cleaning up floods in the house :D

Would it be a good idea to fill the dogs waterbowl with the "waste" water?

Wolverine
05/30/2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by asmujica
You know you are addicted to reefing when you are used to cleaning up floods in the house :D

Would it be a good idea to fill the dogs waterbowl with the "waste" water?

It would probably be fine. I know people who have the waste water go into containers for their own drinking water. With most purifiers, it's not all that different from what's coming out of the tap.

Dave

MaryHM
05/30/2003, 08:34 PM
Our waste water for the main fish system goes into a bucket and our 2 Australian Shepards drink it all the time. No problem.

shaw
05/31/2003, 04:17 PM
Great ideas for waste water
Has anyone ever hung up the tubing of the waste water outside and put holes in the tube to create kind of a raining effect for plants

Also remember to put a gallon jub in your toilet as well, to conserve water
thanks
shawn

Laura D
06/02/2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by asmujica

Fortunatly my washing machine is in the basement, and right next to my ro unit and the washer is a sewer drain, so floods are not too big a deal.

I did have a house once where the washer and my ro unit were on the second floor. I had to paint the ceiling below it a few times.:p

bstarne
06/03/2003, 07:38 PM
The spouse would kill me if there were ever to be a leak. I installed a RO unit in the laundry room where the waste water fills the washing machine. I have a timer on the hose which runs for 3 hour increments. This gives me enough water for top offs as well as filling my washing machine for loads of laundry. No overflows as of yet! Aside from remembering to turn on the timer the set-up is pain-free.

bookfish
06/08/2003, 10:42 AM
I can't fit a gallon jug in my toilet tank. It's filled with curing aragacrete plugs!-Jim