PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Xenia

Voodoochild
05/28/2003, 11:36 AM
Anyone have too much xenia that they want to frag off? Just looking to save a few bucks. These are my first corals, so i don't really have anything to off (I suppose a few hermits:rolleyes: ). I'm willing to drive pretty far, though anything in the metro area is great. Thanks for any help! Otherwise I plan on going to the next MAS meeting, so maybe something there.

wizardgus®
05/28/2003, 11:52 AM
I have some Anthelia frags ready to go. Looks like the stuff on this link: http://www.madangdiving.org.pg/localsindex/jess/html/scoral2.HTML

Voodoochild
05/28/2003, 04:09 PM
Wow, those are pretty. What's their care (light requirements mainly) and how much are you charging? Thanks for the reply.

wizardgus®
05/28/2003, 05:51 PM
They're a pretty hardy coral. Grow relatively quickly. They are also listed as doing well with high light. I have some in my refugium which is a 20T with 2X55W PC. They seem to do quite well in there although they don't grow as fast as in the big tank under the Halides for sure.

Here is a link for waving hand Anthelia, which is similar. It does say difficult, but easier than Xenia. I've always considered it an easy coral myself. http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=16&cat=1931&articleid=2379

If you're coming this way I have a small frag with 6-8 polyps you can have. If you want a bigger one I suppose 15-20 bux. But they grow fast enough you might as well take the little one. Mine started with 4 polyps back in December.

Voodoochild
05/28/2003, 07:08 PM
The little guy sounds great. I can pay you if you want. Either way I'm happy. Is there a way I can meet up with you?

wizardgus®
05/29/2003, 07:43 AM
If you're coming this way, anytime is fine, just let me know so I make sure I'm not off running. House is just 2 blocks from my shop so whenever. If you're not in a hurry, I have to make a trip to the Cities sometime in June...don't know just when yet. There's a map on my website (just click the little red house)

lilswanwillow
05/29/2003, 07:54 AM
I'll say going to just see his tank is worth the drive :D
but the anthelia is GREAT
I got it what, last week... and its ALREADY spreading onto my rock.
seriously. not kidding. there are polyps on my rock.

so, Wizard, I guess this is me telling you that they made it!!!! and are doing better than I imagined

wizardgus®
05/29/2003, 08:01 AM
Cool news! I love it when stuff grows. At first I wished I could afford to buy colonies for my tank. But after stretching the buget to the limit with equipment & upgrades I had to start with frags. Now, I'd never do it any other way, it's so much fun watching them grow into colonies in my tank. :D