PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a pool order for Dr. Mac & Sons frag special?

mhurley
05/27/2003, 04:54 PM
He's doing $10 frags, minimum of 8 frags, up to 20 in one box.
Apparantly not everything is listed on the page that is available.
I'd be in for like 5 of them.

http://www.drmaccorals.com/sys-tmpl/availablespscoralfrags/view_all.nhtml

Mike

shawnmarnie
05/28/2003, 02:12 AM
Sure let me know before you order ill grab a few at elast 3 to put you to 8 for an order and part of shipping if you cant find others.

clamlvr
05/28/2003, 08:36 AM
I would be in for 2 maybe 3 also let me know.

mhurley
05/28/2003, 09:11 AM
Cool!! I'd love to get this up to the 20 limit to mazimize the box/shipping. Any other interest?

Shawnmarine and clamlvr, where are you located? I'm in Naperville.

Send me an email with the frags you are interested in, I'll start compiling an order list. michael.hurley@attbi.com

Mike

clamlvr
05/28/2003, 09:21 AM
you got mail:D

mhurley
05/28/2003, 09:56 AM
I've also let them a message to call me back about the other frags that "are not listed" on the site that are available.

Keep in mind, this sale ends on the 30th, so we've got to boogie to get it in.

Mike

clamlvr
05/28/2003, 10:04 AM
let us know what else they have. I'm ready when you are:rollface:

mhurley
05/28/2003, 11:03 AM
I just spoke to Dr Mac, he said he has most of the stuff listed on the site but is out of some of them. In addition, he has porities and Hydrophnora (sp?) available. Colors of everything are purples, greens and blues.

Also, he said only 16 frags fit in a box, not 20.

How about we put our orders in this thread? I think we should also have some back ups choices in case something is not available.

I'll place the order and foot the bill for now, we'll break down pricing/shipping when I get a total.

I just want to be sure everyone is going to pay me for this, I don't want to get left high and dry.

Mike

clamlvr
05/28/2003, 11:27 AM
I agree with you here is what I am looking for. I sent you my phone number if you want to talk.

1st choices

Teal Staghorn
violet tip lime acropora
Blue Acropora
Blue purple Acropora

as replacments

Pink pocillopora
yellow poritis]

jdieck
05/28/2003, 11:44 AM
Mike:

Count me in with:

1 Blue-Purple Acropora
1 Violet Blue Table Acro

Sorry I have no second choices as the rest I either have very similar ones or not place for them to grow the way they do.

Thanks for your effort.
Jose

makoshark
05/28/2003, 12:19 PM
Hey Mike!

Put me down for:

1- Teal Staghorn
1- Yellow Porities
1- Green Acropora
1- Green Pavona

Open to subsitituions of similar color under moderate lighting.

That's it unless you talk them into adding the Purple Monti to the order :D

Are we up to two boxes yet?

mhurley
05/28/2003, 12:22 PM
Jose,

The Violet-Blue Table is not part of the package sale. Sorry. Still want the one?

Mike

kellypark
05/28/2003, 01:22 PM
I would like to get some too.
_
Yellow Porites X 1
Pink Pocillopora x 1
Green Acropora x 1
Purple Montipora capricornis x 1

Thanks.

mhurley
05/28/2003, 01:34 PM
Hi Kelly,

If you read the description of the purple Monti, it's not available as part of that packages.

Mike

jdieck
05/28/2003, 02:07 PM
Yes mike I still would like to include the violet blue table acro and hope it help with the rest of the order.

Thanks

kellypark
05/28/2003, 02:57 PM
Sorry about that.
I will just get first 3 then,
Thanks.

mhurley
05/28/2003, 06:25 PM
Now....the elusive task of bringing this all together.

1. I live on the south side of Naperville (Rt 59 and 111th). If I get this shipped to my house, you'd have to either come here or I'd have to find a middle ground to meet everyone. Suggestions?

2. Shipping. What's fair here? Do we divide the shipping cost by the number of frags and multiply that by the number each person ordered? Or do we just divide the total by the number of people and we all pay an equal share?

Just some things to think about.
Mike

clamlvr
05/28/2003, 07:34 PM
it's fine with me if we meet at your place. as for the shipping I think it would be fair to all if we just divide amongst all of us no matter how many frags they ordered.

Mike when do you think the order will be placed.

makoshark
05/28/2003, 09:10 PM
Mike,

I'm all for meeting at your place, but I live close by. Shawn is in Bensonville, and Kelly is downtown.

As for shipping, cost/frag vs. cost/person either method is fine with me. It looks to be fairly close either way, except for Jose but since he's getting a Blue Monti it probably all comes out in the wash.

Ordered tomorrow, delivered Friday?

Let me know when and where.

mhurley
05/28/2003, 09:48 PM
I didn't order today, I was waiting to hear from Shawn because he never posted what he wanted. Also waiting to hear back from Dr. Mac if anything we listed so far is out of stock.

Updates tomorrow.

Mike

jdieck
05/29/2003, 01:27 AM
Mike:

Your place is fine with me but I'm the closest.
Whatever way you want to divide the shipping is Ok with me, It's chaper than going alone anyhow.

Thanks for yout effort.
Jose

kellypark
05/29/2003, 09:36 AM
I can drive to your place too, and for shipping, either way is fine with me.
Thank you very much for your efforts.

mhurley
05/29/2003, 10:39 AM
Oh boy everyone....I may have FUBAR'd this one....(F*#$ed Up Beyond All Recognition for anyone that doesn't know that one).

I got an email back from Dr. Mac and I think I was confused on the sale. Apparantly the $10 frags are "Dr. Mac's Picks", meaning he picks out frags for you, his choice, you just give him a number of them you want.

The frags listed below with the pictures (that we've all been looking at) are individually for sale starting at $25 each.

I'm still waiting for a confirmation call back from him on a few things, but I'm pretty sure about this.

Mike

klierman
05/29/2003, 11:09 AM
hey all.... i know i'm late to the party here, but i'd be in, even with the "he pics them" issue. I'm just looking to get a couple (say 3) to see if i can keep them.

I'm not picky as long as i get a couple different colors...

Also, i'm in bartlett, on hwy 59 and lake st, so i could go down to naperville to pick up.

I'll PM my contact info.

Ken

mhurley
05/29/2003, 11:29 AM
All,

I just spoke to Dr. Mac and yes, to get the $10 deal, I basically tell him I want x number of frags and there are z number of people in the group order (this gives him some flexibility to add multiples of certain things). He then picks everything out but says he has a good variety. He said he'd even throw in a couple bonus frags for giving him this flexibility.

Now, I'm still game for this. However, I don't want to get in a situation with everyone here like "I want this one, no I want that one" once this box o' frags shows up. And I don't know how to get around that. Any thoughts?

If I call him back by 2 pm Eastern time, he can ship this today, otherwise, it would go out on Monday.

Who is still interested? And if so, how many do you want?

Mike

criccio
05/29/2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this mako. Looks like I'm a little late as well, but if anyone throws together an order in the future from any of the online suppliers let me know, I'll probably want in to save on those shipping costs. I'm at Rte 59 & Rte 34.
Thanks, Chris

makoshark
05/29/2003, 11:31 AM
Frag is a frag is a frag. I'm still in.

jdieck
05/29/2003, 11:33 AM
Mike:

As I already have some other corals and I am looking for variaty I can not afford the risk of him picking something I already have so I will have to go for the pictured ones even at $25.00 if they are still available.

Then I assume the Blue Purple Acro is at 25.00 and the Table acro at $39.00

Good Luck and thanks
Jose

mhurley
05/29/2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by jdieck
Mike:

As I already have some other corals and I am looking for variaty I can not afford the risk of him picking something I already have so I will have to go for the pictured ones even at $25.00 if they are still available.

Then I assume the Blue Purple Acro is at 25.00 and the Table acro at $39.00

Good Luck and thanks
Jose

So you want both of them, right?

Mike

mhurley
05/29/2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by criccio
Thanks for the heads up on this mako. Looks like I'm a little late as well, but if anyone throws together an order in the future from any of the online suppliers let me know, I'll probably want in to save on those shipping costs. I'm at Rte 59 & Rte 34.
Thanks, Chris

You can still get in if you want, just make sure you understand the deal. I give him a number of frags, he picks out the ones he sends. Then we all apparantly arm wrestle for them when they get here.

Mike

kellypark
05/29/2003, 11:44 AM
I'm still in. Since I don't have much now.
Thanks.

clamlvr
05/29/2003, 11:48 AM
Mike can we still order specific frags at the regular price and still make this group order? if we can I have to limit my order to these,

Blue Acropora and Teal staghorn.

hope this helps

jdieck
05/29/2003, 12:08 PM
Yes Mike I'll like to have both.

Thanks

klierman
05/29/2003, 12:51 PM
i'm in for 3 (heck, let's say 4 :). I have none now, so i'd be willing to take about whatever... as long as i get different colors/types.

ken

mhurley
05/29/2003, 01:17 PM
Ok! I think I've got everything....

Me 4 frags
Mako 4 frags
Jdieck blue purple ($25) and violet blue table ($39)
Clamlvr teal stag ($25) and blue acro ($25)
Kelly 3 frags
Klierman 4 frags

I have 1 person (criccio) that I'm waiting on hearing from. At this point, it's probably too late to get the order in (though I'll still try). So it looks like delivery for Tuesday, however I have Lamaze class on Tuesday night with my wife :) So how does Wednesday look for everyone?

Right there, that's 19 frags, so more than one box. Hopefully criccio will order some and spread out the cost more. If not, maybe we can shave the order down by 3 total so we save on the second box charge/shipping.

Any thoughts?

Mike

klierman
05/29/2003, 01:22 PM
i think wednesday is fine for me....

i can go down to 3 if it helps get us into 1 box.

Thanks for organizing this!

Ken

makoshark
05/29/2003, 01:27 PM
Mike,

I'm guessing that because Jose and Clamlvr want full sixe frags that we'll need two boxes anyway but if you need me to shave off one as well I can.

clamlvr
05/29/2003, 01:28 PM
Wednesday is also fine with me.

thanks for the hard work.

clamlvr
05/29/2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by makoshark
Mike,

I'm guessing that because Jose and Clamlvr want full sixe frags that we'll need two boxes anyway but if you need me to shave off one as well I can.

Mako I'm only ordering 2 frags at the regular price. I hope that is not a problem with anyone becouse that is not my intention if it is and it helps with the order I will pull out no hard feelings on my part.

jdieck
05/29/2003, 01:50 PM
Mike:

It is not fair to shave anybody's order down. As the 15 frags fit in one box and I'm going for the full ones I shall take a bigger share of the box charge if criccio's order does not add to the second one.

Jose

makoshark
05/29/2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by clamlvr
Mako I'm only ordering 2 frags at the regular price. I hope that is not a problem with anyone becouse that is not my intention if it is and it helps with the order I will pull out no hard feelings on my part.

I don't know enough to say one way or the other but I was under the impression that the $10 Frag special pieces are smaller than the full price ones. Thus mixing in the full price ones would displace the smaller frags. If this is correct we'd be going over into two boxes which we may do anyway once everyone has chimed in. I don't think it's a problem it should only add a $10 box charge I don't think the second box adds that much more to the shipment since the truck is still going to the same destination with the first one but guess we'll find out soon enough.

clamlvr
05/29/2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by jdieck
Mike:

It is not fair to shave anybody's order down. As the 15 frags fit in one box and I'm going for the full ones I shall take a bigger share of the box charge if criccio's order does not add to the second one.

Jose

Mike
I agree with Jose it's not fair to everybody involved to cut their order down. I see some here are just starting out and my tank is very well stocked.To help all the begining reefers get a bigger order and keep the shipping cost down and quickly stock their tanks, I am droping out

thanks for your efforts

mhurley
05/29/2003, 02:33 PM
clamlvr,

WAIT!!! Don't go yet.....I got a PM from a guy who wants 4 or 5 frags. That would get our total to 24 or 25 and would help out with the second box.

Still want to bail?

Mike

clamlvr
05/29/2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by mhurley
clamlvr,

WAIT!!! Don't go yet.....I got a PM from a guy who wants 4 or 5 frags. That would get our total to 24 or 25 and would help out with the second box.

Still want to bail?

Mike

ok since you are up to 2 boxes and my order does not throw us over the limit count me in

thanks.

shawnmarnie
05/29/2003, 05:02 PM
Ill still take the 3 i said im in bensenville by ohare but id come to you o get them.

mhurley
05/29/2003, 05:42 PM
Me 4 frags
Mako 4 frags
Kelly 3 frags
Klierman 4 frags
Shawnmarnie 3
Granch01 ???

That's it...Waiting on Granch01 and I'm placing this tomorrow for Wednesday delivery, unless we want to pay the extra for Saturday delivery???

22 frags/colonies, plus anything Granch gets.

Mike

criccio
05/29/2003, 06:00 PM
Just a FYI guys, Scott's gets his stock in tonight and I believe he still has his 20% off sale on fish/corals going on. Last week I picked up a nice 5 head yellow frogspawn and a 6" tonga branch with yellow/green/orange zoos all over it for $64 + tax, not bad at all. Just don't buy anything before me.
Chris

BiG_KiD
05/29/2003, 06:10 PM
where is scott's?.. Is it in the city.. I am going to be downtown this weekend at Shedd and wouldn't mind checking out a few more places?

clamlvr
05/29/2003, 06:20 PM
scotts is at 31st and wolf rd

clamlvr
05/29/2003, 06:20 PM
scotts is at 31st and wolf rd

criccio
05/29/2003, 06:21 PM
Scott's Pet Shop in Westchester, basically Wolf Rd & Rte 34. Back out of this thread, and a few lines up is a pet shop poll. That should tell you all you need to know.
Chris

MiddletonMark
05/29/2003, 06:40 PM
As a lurker here [live up in Madison, Wi ... sadly a bit too far away]....

Could you let us know how the order came out?

I'd be interested to hear what folks thought and what y'all got.
How big, work out well? Always interested in how things work out for others here [and I'm probably not alone in that]

Thanks!

May you all get the corals of your dreams :D

Mark

clamlvr
05/29/2003, 06:46 PM
just wondering of all of us that have placed an order. do any of you live near Oak Lawn?

Micky
05/29/2003, 06:51 PM
Mikey...

1 violet tip lime, 1 blue purple, and 1 green acropora, and if he has anyting else that looks good to you eye get me one too. Total of 3 to 4 frags. Keep me informed...

Micky
05/29/2003, 06:52 PM
Nope sorry just moved......:rolleyes:

clamlvr
05/29/2003, 06:57 PM
your kidding right :) Mike you want to car pool when we pick up the frags. I'm a city guy not familiar with the burbs LOL;)

Micky
05/29/2003, 07:14 PM
West side of cicero... now your on my turff....:bum:
Sounds good to me...

clamlvr
05/29/2003, 07:17 PM
any one else that wants to car pool over to MikeH house let us know Mikey or myself

mhurley
05/29/2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Micky
Mikey...

1 violet tip lime, 1 blue purple, and 1 green acropora, and if he has anyting else that looks good to you eye get me one too. Total of 3 to 4 frags. Keep me informed...

Micky,

you know those aren't the $10 ones right? Those are 25+ each.

Mike

shawnmarnie
05/30/2003, 02:06 AM
just letting you know what i wanted teal staghorn yellow porites and green pavona unless he has zooanthids i choose from what the page showed.

mhurley
05/30/2003, 07:37 AM
Just keeping this updated....

Me 4 frags
Mako 4 frags
Kelly 3 frags
Klierman 4 frags
Shawnmarnie teal staghorn, yellow porites and green pavona (all $25)
Granch01 ???

Mike

granch01
05/30/2003, 08:39 AM
Sorry for the delay but I'm still in for four frags if it isn't to late.

AuroraDave
05/30/2003, 09:49 AM
Mike-
Just saw this thread. With Granch01's 4 frags, I think that is 26 total.
If you havent placed the order, then I will take 3 of the $10 "Mac picks em" frags.
Wed is OK. I live near 75th and Ogden.
--Dave
(630)742-5940

mhurley
05/30/2003, 10:10 AM
Order Placed for delivery on Wednesday. I could call him back and change it to tomorrow delivery if we want. It's only $12 extra. Let me know on this asap!!!

Here's what was ordered:
Me 4 frags
Mako 4 frags
Kelly 3 frags
Klierman 4 frags
Granch01 4 frags

All the bags will be marked with what's in them. There will be an "X" on the bags for any of the specific species ordered.

I don't have a dollar total yet, he'll call me on Tuesday with a tracking number and a final cost.

If everyone could either PM me or send me an email so I have your email addresses, I'll send out a blanket email with my address and directions.
Thanks!!
Mike

mhurley
05/30/2003, 10:14 AM
You're lucky AuroraDave :) ...I just called him back..

Here's what was ordered:
Me 4 frags
Mako 4 frags
Kelly 3 frags
Klierman 4 frags
Granch01 4 frags
AuroraDave 3 frags

kellypark
05/30/2003, 10:16 AM
Great job.
Thanks for all your work.

clamlvr
05/30/2003, 10:16 AM
I could make it tomorrow about 5pm if you do change the order or on wednesday about 7pm if you don't $ 12 is no big deal for me what ever day you pick is fine

klierman
05/30/2003, 10:20 AM
i don't care between saturday and wednesday.

I should have already sent you my email address...

Ken

makoshark
05/30/2003, 10:23 AM
Saturday or Wednesday are both fine with me.

I don't mind the extra $1.50 for Saturday Delivery.

mhurley
05/30/2003, 10:54 AM
Sorry, I've had to keep clearing out my PM box cause it's full. Please send it again, or email me at michael.hurley@attbi.com.

Thanks

Originally posted by klierman
i don't care between saturday and wednesday.

I should have already sent you my email address...

Ken

AuroraDave
05/30/2003, 11:16 AM
Thanks for adding my frags, Mike.
either day is OK, but I am taking my nephews to a fishing derby Sat, so I couldnt pick them up until after dinner time if it's Sat.

If Dr Mac is shipping FedEx, dont forget that the FedEx hub is close by...near the fox valley mall. You can pickup there instead of the boxes riding in the truck all am. just a suggestion.

Thanks for coordinating the shipment.
Dave

mhurley
05/30/2003, 03:26 PM
I'm gonna leave this for Wednesday delivery.

Thanks all!!!

Mike

shawnmarnie
05/31/2003, 12:47 AM
What!!! you tellng me those frags i looked at are all 25$ a piece??? holy crap i looked and picked ones that didnt say not part of the package. Damn that's just great now my wife is gonna kill me.

shawnmarnie
05/31/2003, 12:51 AM
I just looked at the page again and that's all they show for frags and they dont say 25$ am I doing something wrong looking at these things I can say I only got some frags to help out and didnt want to pay 75$ :( for 3 frags that might or might not even live. Well I definatly wont be doing this again then.

shawnmarnie
05/31/2003, 01:10 AM
Darn i just read through the thread again and see that i guess i didnt have to pick I for some reason had read the 1 where you said we just pick when they get there and i had read it as tell me what you want so we dont wrestle for it when it gets here so i picked from the page showing :( damn damn damn well maybe i can sell them to someone else when i get them. Guess i should start a thread now about selling them.

makoshark
05/31/2003, 09:20 PM
Shawn I sent you a private message.

makoshark
05/31/2003, 09:21 PM

I just spoke to Dr. Mac and yes, to get the $10 deal, I basically tell him I want x number of frags and there are z number of people in the group order (this gives him some flexibility to add multiples of certain things). He then picks everything out but says he has a good variety. He said he'd even throw in a couple bonus frags for giving him this flexibility.

However, I don't want to get in a situation with everyone here like "I want this one, no I want that one" once this box o' frags shows up. And I don't know how to get around that. Any thoughts?

Mike

Mike,

Redneck rules - the one with the biggest truck tires get's to pick first. Just kidding. Perhaps we could draw straws and the one(s) who don't get their first pick get the bonus frags.

Just a thought.

mhurley
05/31/2003, 09:53 PM
Shawnmarnie,
Actually, I may still be able to change the order, he's not packing it until Tuesday anyway. I'll call Dr. Mac on Monday and see if I can remove Shawnmarnie's specifics and get the $10 deals instead. Or you can cancel completely. Let me know what you want to do.

Mike

shawnmarnie
06/01/2003, 12:17 AM
Worked it out with mako he's taking what i ordered and im taking his 4 10$ frags :)

mhurley
06/01/2003, 08:26 AM
Cool!! Glad that worked out.

makoshark
06/02/2003, 07:51 AM
Shawnmarnie,
Actually, I may still be able to change the order, he's not packing it until Tuesday anyway. I'll call Dr. Mac on Monday and see if I can remove Shawnmarnie's specifics and get the $10 deals instead. Or you can cancel completely. Let me know what you want to do.

Mike

Mike,

If it is still possible to change the order, I like your solution better. If not, I'll take Shawn's order and he'll take mine.

Thanks again for all of your hard work wrestling with this monster order!

shawnmarnie
06/02/2003, 07:36 PM
If you can change the order then like mako said just get me 3 frags for 10$ otherwise we'll just switch and ill take his 4 for 10$

shawnmarnie
06/02/2003, 07:37 PM
If you can change the order then like mako said just get me 3 frags for 10$ otherwise we'll just switch and ill take his 4 for 10$

klierman
06/03/2003, 09:10 PM
mike,

I haven't gotten an email with directions or anything yet... just double checking in case you already sent it and i didn't get it....

Thanks!
Ken

klierman
06/03/2003, 09:12 PM
mike,

I haven't gotten an email with directions or anything yet... just double checking in case you already sent it and i didn't get it....

Thanks!
Ken

clamlvr
06/03/2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by klierman
mike,

Thanks!
Ken

same here

Micky
06/03/2003, 09:32 PM
me too!!!!;)

mhurley
06/03/2003, 10:32 PM
Email sent.

klierman
06/04/2003, 07:57 AM
mike,

i didn't get anything. I'll pm you my info again just in case i typo'd the first or something.

Ken

mhurley
06/04/2003, 08:07 AM
It seems there were some delays in AT&T delivering email last night...I got an email from Dr. Mac at 2 am that he sent the prior morning. I'll post the email in here:

Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay, I was at Lamaze with my wife tonight (hence the reason I couldn't get the frags today).

The 2 boxes of frags are on their way and will arrive before 10:30 am tomorrow (for those interested, Fed Ex tracking #'s are 790307810562 and 790799645276). I will be home all day so you can come over whenver you want. If everyone could respond to give me a ballpark idea on when they will be here, I would appreciate it.

Good news/bad news on the frags. We got charged $10 for every frag, including the specially ordered species. I did not question this and this is not what Dr. Mac told me so I just let it go. So perhaps we could have gotten away with ordering the specific ones we wanted, sorry.

29 frags @ $10 290.00
2 boxes @ $10 20.00
Shipping 119.38

Total 429.38

9 people dividing the $140 shipping/box is $15.50 per person.
$10 per frag for everyone.

Directions:
I'm on the south end of Naperville, Rt 59 and 111th.

removed personal info

DO NOT use Yahoo Maps or MapQuest, they will take you to the wrong Clearwater lane. The only map I've found that gets you to my house is www.mapBlast.com. Type in my address and it will give you 2 choices for the identical address. Choose the bottom one!

From Suburbs:

Rt 59 South to 111th
111th turn left (east) to Chokeberry (first left you can make into the subdivision).
Turn left onto Chokeberry and go to the second right you can make, which should be Clearwater Lane.
Drive 2 blocks down and I'm on the right side, corner lot light blue sided house.

From City:
Your choice whether you want to take I-88 to Rt 59 and then follow the above directions.

Alternate is I-55 South to Weber Road
Weber North to 111th st (it's a stop light and if you hit the bank, you've passed it).
111th all the way down through Book Road After Book Rd (new church being built on the corner) look for the first right you can make into the housing subdivision.
The street is Thatcher, subdivision is Saddle Creek.
Turn right on Thatcher, follow it to the dead end which is my street, Clearwater Lane.
Turn Left, I'm down about 2 blocks on the left side. Light blue sided house.

See everyone tomorrow!

Mike

klierman
06/04/2003, 08:13 AM
mike,

sounds great. I'll plan on stopping by around noon or 1pm. I'm watching my 2mo old son today, so i'll try to head over during his late morning/early afternoon nap.

I'll let you know if the time changes drastically.

Thanks again!
Ken

mhurley
06/04/2003, 08:16 AM
Nope...Looks good so far:

Jun 4, 2003 7:54 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery AURORA IL

mhurley
06/04/2003, 11:11 AM
Ok everyone....It's all here and floating in their bags my sump. Here's what we got (minus the 4 specific frags ordered, those all came too)

2 birdsnest
7 purple tip Acros
1 red tip-yellow green acro
7 blue acros
1 green polyp acro
7 green acros
1 blue staghorn

(we got 1 freebie, that's why there's 26). Looks like everyone gets a purple tip, a blue and a green.

makoshark
06/04/2003, 11:27 AM
Cool!

Just a reminder - I emailed everyone about a special bonus for particiapting in this bulk order experiment. Let me know if you want one. I don't want to post it here if I don't have to.

See you at Mikes!

mhurley
06/04/2003, 11:36 AM
Oh yeah....I'd love one of those Jeff...Thanks!

Mike

kellypark
06/04/2003, 11:42 AM
Me too.
Thanks Jeff.

ReefHobbyist
06/04/2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by makoshark

....a special bonus for particiapting in this bulk order experiment.

Oh, man. Now you're making me wish I participated :)

Scott

mhurley
06/04/2003, 01:28 PM
I'll throw this up in the vendor forum too but I've got to say....These are darn nice frags!! A few of them border on small colonies instead of a frag.

Everything was triple bagged (though 2 still managed to open up and lose most of the water.)

I'd do this kind of thing anytime with him again. I probably wouldn't foot the bill for shipping alone, but definitely a pool order again.

Mike

AuroraDave
06/04/2003, 05:42 PM
Mike--thanks for handling the details. For $10 I expected 1" unmounted frags. I was shocked when I saw how large they were...and encrusting onto rock. Very nice!
Dave

clamlvr
06/04/2003, 05:48 PM
this is my second order from DR Mac and sons his frags are some if not the biggest I have purchesed. unfortunally I can't pick mine up till later this week. :( but I know they are in good hands.

mhurley
06/04/2003, 05:54 PM
Again...This probably got lost in my other post.

Anybody have a small'ish water pump I can buy off them?...Something in the Mag9 range.

Mike

clamlvr
06/04/2003, 06:10 PM
not here but let me know if you are looking for an HD70 same as an Iwaki70 pump

Avogadro
06/04/2003, 10:03 PM
Anyone interested in these? I'll let em' go for $30 a piece.

makoshark
06/05/2003, 08:20 AM
Mike,

I meant to ask you if you know what it would have cost if we stayed under one box. I'm just curious if there is an optimum amount of frags be it one box, two boxes, three boxes, etc. Also, were all of the frags/bags the same size regardless of someone specifying what they wanted vs. Dr. Mac picking?

Thanks again for going to all this trouble.

mhurley
06/05/2003, 08:55 AM
The only true difference is the box charge of $10. Dr. Mac says he ships with Fed Ex based purely on weight, doesn't matter how many boxes.

All the bags were the same size.

Poor Man
06/15/2003, 05:52 PM
I was curious as to how the frags came out, did everyones survive etc?

klierman
06/15/2003, 07:08 PM
good one... i had been meaning to post the same question....

My 4 frags are doing great. Growth is visable, color is decent, but i think i need to get a 10k bulb for them to really look good. I'll post/link some pics later.

One question i had.... 2 of the 3 acro's (the green and purple) have very obvious polyps (little fingers) sticking out, but the blue does not. I haven't checked it out too much at night...

Anyone else seeing this?

K

jdieck
06/16/2003, 09:34 AM
I also noticed there is no obvious polyps on the blue table acropora. In addition I may also need to add more lighting as both frags (blue table acro and blue purple acro) are loosing their coloration.

Jose