PDA

View Full Version : skimmer for sale

andycook
05/26/2003, 04:53 PM
Precision Marine Bullet 2 skimmer
Precision Marine large waste collector
Mak4 pump

$400

I bought the skimmer used and used it myself for 1 year. It is in excellent condition. I bought the waste collector new and had to repair the bottom but it has worked for 1 year without any problems. I bought the Mak4 used and have used it for 1 month without any problems.

http://www.andy-cook.com/swfish/115-1566_IMG.JPG

hcs3
06/02/2003, 12:14 PM
interested in parting out the collection container by itself?

andycook
06/03/2003, 01:14 PM
Sorry Henry. If the set doesn't sell I will use the waste cup on my ETSS skimmer.

How was your trip?

-Andy

justgettinstarted
06/07/2003, 12:31 PM
whats that deal on the becket intake? i have never seen that before on a bullet?

andycook
06/09/2003, 12:36 PM
The new bullet injectors are much more elegant than the one I have. I bought the skimmer used and used it myself for over a year. The becket is in the black case.

hcs3
06/09/2003, 12:45 PM
andy

i had the same beckett injector as you on my pm bullet 2. i called andy at myreef and had him send me a myreef injector. it can be taken apart and cleaned easily, and also has a silencer on it that truly silences the injector. IMO it made the bullet 2 into a new skimmer for little cost.

HTH

henry

andycook
06/09/2003, 01:39 PM
Thanks Henry;

I've looked into the new version PM is selling and at your suggestion the myreef. Both look like much better options than what I have on my B2. The noise wasn't an issue while I ran the skimmer with a mag18 but it sure has a hiss with a GENX/MAK4. My wife suggested that I only run the skimmer when she wasn't home to hear it.

In the house I am building skimmer height will no longer be an issue because I'll have a room for the equipment. I am looking at my options for a soon to be purchased 180 gallon tank and about 120 gallons in sump/refugiums. Right now I'm running a ETSS 600 on my 75 gallon and might be able to play with an ETSS 800 in a couple of weeks.

-Andy