PDA

View Full Version : Mushrooms turning white

bronco
05/25/2003, 08:59 AM
I have several large groups of mushrooms in my 180 gallon reef. The reef contains a combination of soft and LPS corals and has been running for about three years.

During the last month, some (but not all) of colonies of mushrooms have been turning white and then disappearing.

My tank specs are in good shape.

Any ideas?

Thanks

manderx
05/25/2003, 03:48 PM
no idea, but some mushrooms at the LFS have been doing the same thing. common reds and blues, one at a time start to turn white and then shrink to the size of a dime. then within a month they are gone.

TIGER SHARK
05/25/2003, 08:46 PM
I have an awesome ricordia yuma that did the same thing on friday. It turned totally white except a little bit of remaining orange and blue on the edges. The rest of my ricordia and my tank is doing great and i cant figure it out. help???? anyone???

sinned
05/26/2003, 11:22 AM
Been there, done that!... I purchased 2 pink yumas on a single rock on
Friday, both began shrinking immediately, by Monday they had disappeared!

seahorsie
06/03/2003, 11:18 AM
I have had the same expereince with mushrooms and yumas, but I am stubborn and keep trying.
With mushrooms it's lighting and current.
With yumas it's lighting. I got some pink yumas and they all turned white and right now they are a lemon yellow, they will be gone soon.
Recently I purchased some purple/bluish yumas and have them out of direct lighting and they expand beautifully.
Go figure.

TIGER SHARK
06/03/2003, 11:29 AM
Well my yuma is starting to regain some of its color. I think I moved it away from the light when it began turning white, and so I moved it back to the top right under the light and now it is coloring up again. I hope it pulls thru because it has amazing colors on it!