PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

C_Kritter
05/23/2003, 04:32 AM
What would you do? I participated in the Thermos Trading gig for a frag of blue zoos. He wanted a head or two of a green frogspawn in return. Received his thermos and got about 5 or 6 polyps but they did not look blue at all. Gave it a chance to recover from the trip but still looks brown after a few days. Sent him an email asking why it looks brown. He says that these zoos were actually not dark blue but should be light blue.

This is his claim to get the proper coloration: “you must keep them up under intense metal halide light..as that is what they were use to in my tank. My entire blue colony is probably less than a foot away from 500 watts of metal halide light. They color up nicely under that lighting, and look really cool under 330 watts of Actinic at night.�.

I know brown when I see one. Should I send him the frogspawn? I feel like a fool if I send it too him but I also feel guilty if I don’t. I have doubts with this guy because we agreed to do this trade in the beginning of April. He gave me several excuses to a point where I thought he did not have any to trade. I finally received his thermos late last week. What do you think, should I send or not?

Anemone
05/23/2003, 09:36 AM
Send the frogspawn - it's easier than the hassle. Take it as a learning experience, and in the future, get pictures before trading.

Frustrating, but much worse if you get in a prolonged urinating contest on RC and other boards about who is "right."

FWIW,
Kevin

Eric Boerner
05/23/2003, 09:51 AM
Zoanithid colors do tend to change quite a bit under differant lighting. But.... I've never seen a brown colony go blue. Blues always go green or vice versa.

I'm with Kevin, send "a" head of frogspawn and don't worry about it. There are a large number of people in our area that have blue zoos. It's a matter of when those folks have enough to frag off. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding some locally.

C_Kritter
05/23/2003, 04:04 PM
i knew that was the right thing to do. i just can't accept the fact that i was duped. live and learn.

ramon

dattack
05/23/2003, 06:50 PM
You guys should start trading with pictures only. He might be thinking how bad the frogspawn or how small it is when he gets his.
;)

C_Kritter
05/23/2003, 10:04 PM
well, i explained to him that the "single" head is actually in the process of splitting 4 ways. it opens to about a softball size! it's a great single head piece so i thought its a nice exchange for a hard to find color of zoos. i agree with the picture suggestion. my thermos never came back on my first attempt and now this. i don't think i will be doing this again.

eric, you're right about getting it locally. i just need to get to know a few more so cal reefers. i just got a large colony of pink zoos so that might be a good bargaining item.

i've decided not to stoop to his level and be the bigger person. i'll go ahead and send the frogspawn. thanks for pushing me to the right path.

ramon

RyanN
05/23/2003, 11:01 PM
Ramon,

Give me a week or two for the tank to settle down completely and I'll frag you a piece of my slate zoos and turquoise buttons.

Ryan

C_Kritter
05/23/2003, 11:41 PM
Thanks Ryan:D .