PDA

View Full Version : java is supported

greenman
05/22/2003, 09:23 PM
supports java, perl and csharp What im looking to do is set up login page that ppl can put there info in... set up a mailing list...
Maybe a hand out emails accounts .... and a members page you would have to log in to see ppls info if they want is displayed...
I have alot of work ahead of me thats for sure... But i know a developer whos willing to help me.... I once its up and running it will be easy ....

The group ordering is a big + We can get some good deals with ppl if we got the site orginized well and a good size memmebers list....

The turn out has been great so its worth the effort ....

I basicly have the Business Plan from www.activehost.com with a few extras "sql and .net" But im not a Developer so its going to take me some time to get it all up and running ....

greenman
05/22/2003, 09:24 PM
dooh im alwasy posting new threads when it should be a reply
GRRRR

partagas
05/23/2003, 08:02 AM
Greenman, If you get that up and running, can you let me know your devolper. I have a Domain that needs something like that. I am trying to build a portal site.
D

vmiller
05/23/2003, 08:51 AM
greenman,

Not sure if I'm the developer you are referring to (I discussed the web site with you over email), but either way I'm willing to help.

I took a brief look at the hosting site, and although they may support java, it doesn't look like they support JSP. I can set up the db and write the server/db code and hopefully there's someone else willing to code ASP screens. If not, I guess I'll fight my dislike for Microsoft technology and help with that too.

Or maybe you'll be willing to find a host that supports jsp. If so, I can help find such a host.

How much does active host charge?

Vin

greenman
05/23/2003, 09:53 AM
jsp isnt supported. Its 239 a year ....

vmiller
05/23/2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by greenman
jsp isnt supported. Its 239 a year ....

I guess that's not too bad. Maybe we can get some sponsors to pay for this kind of stuff.

Do you know anyone that codes ASP? Are you willing to consider a JSP site? Or did you already commit to active host?

greenman
05/23/2003, 10:14 AM
No im on active host now and yes i have a frined in nc that does know asp.... But i havent spoeken with her yet..... She will be more then willing to help tho....

vmiller
05/23/2003, 10:37 AM
Assuming your friend won't be active in the club because she is not local, there's no need to bother her with this. I'm sure I can figure out ASP.

I'll start working on a login and member data screen. Let me know the data you want to keep for each member and whatever user id and password I need to put code on active host.

I'll start with the obvious fields:
user id
password
last name
first name
email
share email (boolean indicating if user would like their email to be public to other members)

greenman
05/23/2003, 10:42 AM
Ill get you the info when i get home from work dont have it in front of me now ... But that sounds like a good start...