PDA

View Full Version : Cool, a mushroom room!!

^CelticReefer^
05/22/2003, 07:30 PM
Whats up,
Hey I have been browsing through the threads and see so many about feeding your shrooms. I have a good variety, all regular, no ricordia or hairy ect ect....... I never feed them , should I? I never see them grab anything that happens to be floating through the water. Or that happens to land on them. I have had them for months and are all doing great. Multiply like bunnies, hey honey look, theres another 12 babies over here. LOL.
Brian

Bryan Thompson
05/22/2003, 10:18 PM
You do not need to feed them. They mainly feed from the light. If you are getting babies then you are providing the right environment.

Bryan
BlowfishAquatics.com (http://www.blowfishaquatics.com)

str8kickn1
05/23/2003, 10:09 AM
you say they multiply like bunnies..what exactly do they look like before you can tell its a mushroom..I have some bullseye mushrooms in my tank and I finally saw a baby shroom, but after about 2 months of having them..so far ive only seen one baby..any idea how long it takes them to multiply, and how many at a time..

RandomChaos
05/23/2003, 10:12 AM
Its like cell mitosis. 1 turns to 2, 2-4, 4-8

There are some that are faster than others.

For instance, I put 1 purple and 1 red in my tank at the same time over a year ago, I now have 5 red, and about 50 purple.

My greens, and hairy's just get bigger, and multiply less often :(

It just depends, but some can multiply really fast.

str8kickn1
05/23/2003, 10:25 AM
you wouldnt be willing to sell any of those purples would you..and say maybe ship them in a film container..

RandomChaos
05/23/2003, 10:32 AM
Film Container?

I might be willing to sale a few, If you are interested, PM me and well see what we can do.

^CelticReefer^
05/23/2003, 07:49 PM
Check out my web site, I have some pics of them splitting on page 2 I think. If you wanted some purples Pm me and we could Prob. work something out. All my zenia colonies just split in thirds, at the same time, weird huh. Yea, my purples just keep spliting and spliting and spliting.......................................
Brian

Ps: where in upstate NY are you man?