PDA

View Full Version : posts

imgrtful
05/21/2003, 03:39 PM
how come noone posts on this board.my mother-in-law is in jax now and i was telling her about the club.i told her to keep an eye out on this board,but...................
eric
orca member

imgrtful
05/23/2003, 11:01 PM
no replies??????????

Stuart
05/26/2003, 05:11 AM
Yes, it's pretty slow on this board. We set up a new web site (www.nfmas.com) and are starting to correspond through it now. It's a much better way to reach us.

I thought the administrators would have changed our club info by now. I asked three diferent aministrators to change it four months ago.... I'll try again.

Stuart

FishhyRen
06/16/2003, 09:45 AM
I wish this forum was more popular, unfortunately it seems jacksonville doesn't have a large following in reefs or saltwater for that matter. (YET)

I was down in Orlando for a week looking at stores down there, the prices are cheaper, they give a 10% discount to ORCA members, and there are a TON of them. I have had a hard time finding more than 1LFS in Jax that has a good coral selection.

Although, I hear some recent restructuring at ORCA might take some of the "FUN" out of going to the meetings.

imgrtful
06/16/2003, 02:56 PM
i didnt make it to last months meeting,but with the people in the club i dont believe you CAN take the fun out of the meetings.we have a blast.but we also needed a serious part of the night to help newbies like myself survive and not get frustrated when something goes wrong.or a diy part so those of us that cant afford the "lastest in advanced engerneering" equipment to at least be able to build a close replica.the meetings are there to make us aware of what we are dealing with while careing for a reef.not to go and get drunk at someones house,make a mess,buy cheap frags,and go home.not all of us have 10,15,20 yrs in the hobby.its nice to get together and socialize with others that actually care what we have went through to creat our mini reef.unlike the people i work with.to them its a pretty glass box with water and rocks in it.i want my reef to survive.i didnt get into this because everyone might think i'm cool or i might impress someone.so thats why the structure of our meetings have changed.your welcome to come down for a visit and check it out.the next meeting is on sat. the 28th.get a hotel room and take the family to disney or sea world the next day.it would be fun.besides,i'm sure someone would hold onto you frags untill you get done so you dont lose them
eric