PDA

View Full Version : How is it all doing?

Bravodelta
05/20/2003, 11:06 PM
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know how everything you got from my tank is doing. I saw the pictures you posted Brad, everything looked good. I don't think I saw the bubble though, did it make it? The zoos all looked good. Worship that pink Zoo!!! It will make you a happy camper as it grows, but those pinks take a long time to grow so be patient. You are not likely to see another pink like that one.

Minh, how are the fish doing? The Regal will often hide in the rock when they get spooked. Like I said, put some garlic extreme on the flake before you feed and everyone should be fine.

Post some pics everyone, if you have them. I feel like I lost my babies and I need some reassuring that they are in good homes. :( Also, I seem to have misplaced my plate coral. I wanted to keep that for my 180, but in all the commotion of fragging I lost track of it. No worries whoever has it, I just don't recall anyone taking it. Of course I was going through the emotional pains of destroying my little ecosystem so you could have stuffed my wife in a cooler and I might not have noticed. (She is here by the way, so things didn't get that out of control.) Looking forward to seeing you all at a CARS meeting once I get my 180 up and stable.

Cheers,

Bud

minh_han
05/20/2003, 11:25 PM
The fish are doing well. The regal is out and about unless it gets spooked. The LTA promptly abandoned the rock it came on and moved to a location of its choice. I've fed them flake food, spinach stems, nori, and a few bits of lettuce with equal success. Parsely stems did not seem to be in favor though.

I gave Jason the table coral and a number of different montipora pieces, as well as two pieces of the purple tipped stag. He's very appreciative.

I mounted the bali green slimer in the tank with some epoxy I got from Jason. I planned to do the same with the large stag frag, but I messed up and it hardened before I could get the putty squeezed into the right place and mold it around the frag. Now, I've run out of the little bit of Aquastick epoxy given to me by Jason, and I've had a difficult time figuring out which epoxy to get at HD. I've gone twice, and I can't seem to find an epoxy that has a general seal of approval. ANy help on this would be appreciated.

The purple rimmed cap needs a special place in the tank. I just haven't figured out where yet. I really wish I had gotten/bought the red cap. That thing was beautiful. Or even if I had gotten a piece of the LR that it was on. Eventually it would have grown out another coral. I did get the rock that the bali green slimer was on, but the coral itself was knocked off when it was in the sump. But, I think the rock will eventually grow out another slimer piece where it had encrusted. There's some other piece of coral that had encrusted on the same rock, but I don't know what it was.

The teal zoos are very nice and are halfway up the tank on a rock with some xenia.

The birdsnest frag is up high in the tank. It's turned a bit brown from the stress but I think it will bounce back.

Sorry, I got the plate coral. It was next to the acropora, montipora, and cap frags that you said were up for grabs, so I assumed the plate was too. I'll bring it to the meeting to give back to you.

I'll take pictures of the tank when I get some more things situated. Even with all those frags I got, the tank still looks empty b/c of all the space I have to work with.

Thanks again for sharing your frags Bud. By the way, if you're coming to Chesire for the meeting, can you ask Kedd if he would be willing to let you transport the zoos he was planning to get me? Unless of course I was mistaken in his intentions.

bdr127
05/21/2003, 07:03 AM
Oh yeah, the bubble is in the lower right... in those pictures it's blocked by some LR! It's doing well... hopefully it will make a full recovery. :)

jdmarano
05/21/2003, 07:25 AM
Hi Bud, sorry I couldn't make it down on Sunday night, just too little time and too much to do. Anyway, as Minh mentioned, he was gracious enough to give me some frags including the green table. Hopefully they will all do well and we can give you back frags for your 180 :)

Thanks again, Jason

Ryan22
05/21/2003, 08:42 AM
Hey Bud,

So far so good. The LTA moved almost immediatly and seems to have found a place that it likes at the base of a cave in the center of my tank. It looks like it might be thinking about splitting too. It took my female maroon clown about 20 hours to discover that the new resident of her cave was something she should be interested in, and she hasn't left it since. The anthilia (sp?) opened right up and is doing well. The green star polyps have started to open up a few times, but things keep happening to keep them from fully opening. My lawnmower blennie knocked it down a couple of times, then I moved it to a different spot but I think the flow was too strong in that spot, so last night I moved it to a third spot. Hopefully it will open up completely soon. I ended up with a few frags of the purple tip monti that you had and they seem to be doing well, I put them as high up in my tank as possible and the opened right up, same with a small piece if stag.

thanks again for your generosity

bdr127
05/21/2003, 06:09 PM
Bud -- Here's a picture of the bubble. Not his best side... I'll probably be rotating him so his viewing side is more glamorous. ;) Hopefully he makes a full recovery, too.

http://reeftank.cjb.net/reef/bubble1.jpg