PDA

View Full Version : My tank after six weeks

Mariner
05/19/2003, 09:51 PM
Not much going on our Alabama Reefers board lately -- everybody's probably been out in the garden.
Anyway, thought I'd post the latest pic of my tank. Why don't some of ya'll do the same. We can all "oooooh" and "ahhhh" (or "argghhh" and "yuck") :p
I've only had my tank set up about six weeks. Just added a couple more pounds of live rock and a custom painted background (an art student at a local high school did it for me).
Mariner

Leviathan
05/20/2003, 04:30 PM
Glad to see your taking it slow, instead of rushing to overcrowd you tank in the first 3 months ( a common mistake alot of people do )

Off to a good start:)

Heres a picture of my 75 gallon, but since this picture was taken a few changes have occured.

1- Built a new canopy
2- My halides are now run on 2 ARO electronic ballasts instead of a dual magnetic
3- The back of the tank is painted black

I will hopefully be getting some newer pictures soon, because the above changes really made a huge difference in appearence.

Leviathan
05/20/2003, 04:35 PM
Not to mention I really hate that shot, it looks so drab looking. The colors in the tank are much more pronounced in person.

Heres a few of some inhabitants.

3 year old Gold Squamossa

Leviathan
05/20/2003, 04:38 PM
Orange Montipora digitata

Leviathan
05/20/2003, 04:40 PM
Devils hand

This picture was taken the day I got it, its the newest coral in my tank to date. Enjoy:)

Mariner
05/20/2003, 07:04 PM
Very nice. I think I told you before that I think your aquascaping is great. Do you just stack your rocks? Connect them together with epoxy or ties?

Leviathan
05/21/2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Mariner
Very nice. I think I told you before that I think your aquascaping is great. Do you just stack your rocks? Connect them together with epoxy or ties?

No I just stacked them very carefully, it took me a while to get it like that, and I like it so much I almost dont want to get a bigger tank and have to do it again ( well yea I do ):D

Its 3 years old,, and has come a long way in the last few months. Remember I had a complete meltdown last Thanksgiving when the power got tripped while I was gone an entire week.

Salt'n'Lime
05/27/2003, 12:39 AM
Nice Aquascaping............ without that.it's just a glass box with corals.

You have a good structure to build on. I bet the end result will be a real show stopper. :D