PDA

View Full Version : Percula fin problem

NotAnHerb
03/28/2001, 01:24 PM
I added a Percula into a 60 gallon tank that had a couple damsels. The tank has about 60lb of LR, but no corals yet. I tried adding him during feeding time to distract the damsels. Well... the macho damsel ended up taking a big bite out of the percula's left pectoral fin. 2 hours later I had the damsels in another tank (2 hours after that I had the LR back in place!). The percula is eating some food but hanging out near the back top corner. It appears that he is having a hard time swimming.

Water: 8.2 pH, 1.023 SG, 0 ammo, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate
Any suggestions?

Todd

billsreef
03/29/2001, 09:10 PM
I'd just keep a close on eye him for any signs of secodary infections due to the wounds. With some peace, quiet and good food the clown should come around in a few days.

NotAnHerb
03/29/2001, 11:04 PM
He seems to be hanging in there.

What do you recommend for good food? I currently giving everyone a mixture of frozen Formula Two and frozen Brine Shrimp Plus (both from Ocean Nutrition).

The clown seems to be eating both, but not in large quantities.

Thanks,
Todd

billsreef
03/30/2001, 09:42 AM
That's some good stuff you got there. I would also recomend ON's Prime Reef as an excellent blend. So long as the clown is eating I wouldn't worry too much. It's appetite should increase as he starts feeling better. Just remember to keep a close eye out for secondary infections to the wounds, that is the biggest area for concern.

NotAnHerb
04/16/2001, 12:49 PM
FYI: He is doing great. Fin is growing back.

billsreef
04/16/2001, 08:01 PM
That's great to hear :D