PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Tahitian Blend 70ml Bottles At Next Meeting

ReefDream
05/14/2003, 11:46 AM
Hi, everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know I'll be there with the usual things:

4-5 lb. kalk powder - $5
4 oz epoxy stick - $3
35 ppt IO seawater as measured by my refractometer to calibrate your swing arms with - free samples

In addition I am bringing, on ice, 70 ml bottles (or maybe syringes if I can get them for less than $2 a piece) of Brine Shrimp Direct's <a href="http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/brineshrimpdirect-product-4-3-26.htm#tahitian">Tahitian Blend</a>, not available in local stores. I expect the cost per bottle/syringe to be about $7, but it might be less or a tiny more depending on what I can find for containment. Include shipping one would pay over three times this if one ordered two 35 ml bottles online. I recommend about 1 ml (a bit shy of 1/4 teaspoon) added to a 50-75 gallon tank daily, which is in line with Brineshrimp Direct's recommendations.

Obviously, I am not doing this for money; I break even most of the time at best. I am doing this to encourage club attendence and enthusiasm.

HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE!

ReefDream
05/14/2003, 11:13 PM
Well, I found some exactly 65 ml plastic bottles with lids made of foodsafe plastic and small 1 ml squeeze ball syrings for about $1 a pair at my local lab supply house. 65 ml of the 500 ml bottle of Tahitian Blend costs exactly $6 (once one includes the shipping). That brings the total of the bottle, 1 ml syringe, and 65 ml Tahitian blend to $7. Unless I don't get the Tahitian Blen delivery Friday--not likely since that's the schedule ship date--I'll have it at the meeting. I am sterilizing the bottles tonight in boiling water, but will be pouring the Tahitian blen in the bottles as people buy them, and there is only enough for 7, 65-ml bottles.

<b>So, I will have 7 65 ml bottles of Tahitian Blend for $7 each. If someone wants to reserve a bottle before the meeting, let me know.</b>

tubs
05/15/2003, 06:09 PM
Roger,

I can't make the meeting unfortunately cuz it's my little girl's 1st birthday. I do want to pick up a handful of epoxy from ya and if you have any more gel glue I'll also pick some up. Let me know if I and when I can drop by.

John

ReefDream
05/18/2003, 10:56 AM
Well, even though our meeting had the tiniest turn out I have ever seen, the photoplankton was all taken. Next meeting I intend to bring it again because, after all, I use the stuff too and $7 for two month's worth sure beats $30-$40.

Next meeting I'll also be bringing something totally new - a secret silencer design I have been working on for drop boxes. It is called the Hofer Silencer, and it uses a combination of drop box silencing techniques that, to my knowledge, have never been put together in a single design. I have been using a Hofer Silencer for a month now, and I believe it to be the most quiet drop box I have ever never heard. It is a very small device that closely resembles the Stockman standpipe but is even smaller (Mine is in my LiveReef SlimLine dropbox). They should cost no more than a few dollars a piece.