PDA

View Full Version : Hairy mushrooms are killers!!!

fahz
05/14/2003, 12:25 AM
I like hairy mushrooms but they are killers and don't get along with other mushrooms. I have lost two ricordias in two seperate tanks by my hairy's over expanding and stinging and killing the ricordia's in one day. They have caused other mushrooms to move by stinging them but just plain killed the ricordia's. My fault and a lesson learned. Give your hairy's lots of room.

Fahz

wanareef
05/14/2003, 05:09 AM
minse is sitting next to my orange zoos and they are "ok" so far, but are you sure it's the stinging and not the hairy covering them from the light? just courious :confused:

fahz
05/14/2003, 08:48 AM
Wanareef:

No it's an outright attack and it only took a day of touching for one. I moved the rock with two ricordias on it but it was to late for the one that was touched. Death by touch of a green hairy mushroom.

Fahz

Azurel
05/14/2003, 09:09 AM
Thats too bad m8 never like hearing about that....You a Vikings fan?

fahz
05/14/2003, 11:21 PM
VVVVVVVVVikings fan in good times and bad.

Fahz

Jive Turkey
05/14/2003, 11:52 PM
Hairy mushrooms also eat dragonets and any other fish that is absent-minded enough to swim slowly over it. My friend had a decent sized patch of Caulerpa algae under and next to the 12" green shroom, and the late Mandarin would swim around hunting pods and would scoot over the top occasionally, enticing the shroom to show a feeding response. But it was always too slow...... LOL!:lol: :eek2:

Azurel
05/15/2003, 08:29 AM
Yea I am too long time fan, hopfully we will do good this year...Me and my father would come up to Minneapolis every year for a game....I have never heard that of hairy mushrooms before...huh guess you learn something new everyday I guess...

fahz
05/15/2003, 12:00 PM
This is a picture of a green hairy mushroom trying to catch a hermit crab. It had the crab trapped inside for a while and boy did the crab bail out in a hurry.

Fahz