PDA

View Full Version : greetings looking to join cmas

shawnmarnie
05/13/2003, 10:58 PM
Iv sent an email over a moth to jim bash about joining the club I live in Bensenville really close to where the mettings are held I guess ill call the # on the page and ssee if I ca get in touch with someone if not I guess I can just show up to the meeting and check it out.

reefkeeper1976
05/14/2003, 07:59 AM
That's what I did. I just filled out the registration form I printed off the cmas website and showed up for a meeting.Welcome and maybe see you saturday.

kaiyokanman28
05/14/2003, 09:03 AM
I'll probably do that as well then...

I'll try and make it this Saturday, but I have my 2-yr old son, and we'll see how behaved he is and see if he wouldn't mind going to the Schaumburg Library. :) But you know how long a 2-yr old's attention span is....:)

If nothing else, I'll make sure I'm at the June meeting...unless, of course, that's the annual summer picnic...In any case, I'll figure something out.

Cheers!

Andy :wildone:

makoshark
05/14/2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by kaiyokanman28

If nothing else, I'll make sure I'm at the June meeting...unless, of course, that's the annual summer picnic...In any case, I'll figure something out.

Cheers!

Andy :wildone:

Andy,

CMAS breaks for the summer months. There aren't any meetings June, July or August. They reconvien in September.

Having a two year old myself unless I have something that I know would keep her amused for several hours. (pipe dream) I'd hire a sitter.

Hopefully, we'll see you Saturday.

jbash
05/14/2003, 08:29 PM
Apologies if you sent me an email and I didn't answer. I thought I had answered all the CMAS notes, although I do have something like 1800 messages in my inbox from the last month:-)

Basically I tell everyone that all the info about membership is on the web page, http://www.cmas.net along with a membership form that you can print, fill out and mail or bring to a meeting. I figure most people get my email address from that page so I'm never sure why people write me about how to join unless they have specific questions (BTW, the newsletters are available as PDFs to download from that site also). If it is because the web pages are unclear I'd appreciate feedback that I could give to our webmaster (anything to make my job easier as I'd rather be reefkeeping:-)

I'm happy to answer additional questions if you have any after checking the web page. I'd appreciate it if you put CMAS in the subject line of any email. (Occcasionally I get an email note that just says "how do I join?" and I don't even know if they are talking about the professional group of which I'm a Board member, my academic association or CMAS).

Apologies again for not responding. I also took down our sendmail daemon for a little while a few months ago when CERT announced a major vulnerability, but if that affected your mail it should have been returned to you with a message that it could not be delivered--so I suspect I just missed your note or maybe spamassasin threw it away for some reason...

Also sorry for being so wordy, but I'm an academic and I can't help it:-)

jim b

shawnmarnie
05/14/2003, 09:02 PM
I will be at this saturdays meeting and will sign up there and meet everyone also will be bringing money for frags since it appears we might get a small frag swap sale going on I hope so I could really use some. :)