PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Frag Swap - July 13

Pages : [1] 2 3

o2manyfish
05/13/2003, 08:57 PM
Hey All,

Okay, I got enough emails requesting different dates. And it seems that Sunday July 13th has the least amount of conflicts for those who spoke up about date preferences.

So Sunday July 13th, is the date for the next frag swap. That gives everyone 2 months to get their frags growing.

I think it might be fun to start a page showing growth of frags for the next swap. I will see if I can get a company to provide a gift for the best frag growth.

So mark your calendars, get permission from your significant others, check your calc levels, and start your frags.

Dave
Dave@TheBotwins.com

PS - My frag system has almost 400 frags in it. If anyone is interested in frags prior to the frag swap shoot me an email.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/514/18153Prop-May-12-Share-B.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/514/18153Prop-May-12-Share-a.jpg

Konadog
05/13/2003, 09:19 PM
If you listen in the distance, you can here the sound of frags snapping everywhere :D

Dave, your frag tanks are looking great!

mathman
05/13/2003, 10:46 PM
What timing! I just fragged several pieces this past weekend. They will be wonderfully encrusted by July. I will try to borrow a digital camera to show frag growth.

Shalom

YellowG555
05/13/2003, 11:04 PM
Anyone have any extra lighting systems they want to sell by then? I'm looking for anything better than my NO =D.

o2manyfish
05/13/2003, 11:07 PM
Extra Lighting Avail:

I have currently:

400w Reefoptix hood/pendand and ballast (used)
400w dual Reefoptix hood/pendant and ballast (used)
New 175 Dual Electronic Hamilton Ballast with Enclosure and a pair of New 175w 10K German bulbs

250w HQI Reef sun pendant with fan and ballast (used)

If any of these interest you -- Send me an email - Dave@TheBotwins.com

sberman
05/13/2003, 11:57 PM
what you are calling frags are really mini colonies .
may not be able to make it but will try and get someone to cover my shift at work

scott

Wilafur
05/14/2003, 11:46 AM
sounds like fun. :)

Jimbo327
05/14/2003, 03:30 PM
Shooting an email to ya.

Jimbo327

o2manyfish
05/16/2003, 06:10 PM
Hey All,

I was serious about the frag growing contest....

So here will be one of my contestants. This is a Sky Blue Monti Cap I just received this week.

If he grows enough I will frag him at the frag swap to those interested. I hope he grows as much as the photos Lyndel showed of his 2 month growth for purple edged Monti Cap. But this is different cause I have not seen too much of it around.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/555/18153Frags-Blue-Monti-Cap-May-15.jpg

Dave B

Konadog
05/17/2003, 12:10 AM
OK, I'll go second. I can't believe I got one of these!

A rare greenback fan :D

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1fl57/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/moneyfrag.jpg

I here they grow very fast under 400 watt party bulbs :smokin:
I hope it grows into a 100 head monster before the frag party:celeb3:

dattack
05/17/2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Konadog
OK, I'll go second. I can't believe I got one of these!

A rare greenback fan :D

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1fl57/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/moneyfrag.jpg

I here they grow very fast under 400 watt party bulbs :smokin:
I hope it grows into a 100 head monster before the frag party:celeb3:
I will give you 50 cents for that. :rollface:

sberman
05/17/2003, 01:01 AM
thats good i had one just like it but it got taken away by the irs bug

Konadog
05/17/2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by sberman
thats good i had one just like it but it got taken away by the irs bug

Doesn't Salifert make IRS Exit :rolleyes:

MrSandman
05/17/2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by o2manyfish
Hey All,

I was serious about the frag growing contest....

So here will be one of my contestants. This is a Sky Blue Monti Cap I just received this week.

Dave B

Dave,

Man, a frag growing contest is not even close to being fair when you have the best and most natural lighting around. Plus, its probably the longest photoperiod anyone can afford in LA! :D

I'll compete if you use a purple monster as your submission and i'll use Lyndels green cap as mine! :lol:

o2manyfish
05/17/2003, 01:14 PM
Fair, Fair....

Ya I got all the sun, so the lighting is in my favor. But I also have to feed and care for 850g of SPS.

Between my display tank and the SPS system, that's almost 500 frags and over 20 colonies that need love and food..... Doesn't that just make your calcium reactor itch !!!!

I am sure someone with a nice 20g reef, can set up a dosing pump to pump additives right on top of a frag 24hrs a day and woop my ***.

But in the meanwhile... Let's see some frags.

And, if you can find someone to donate a Purple Monster Frag, I will see what growth I can get out side in the next 2 months.

And don't forget..... What if it rains .... Ha Ha HA

Dave

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
05/18/2003, 12:49 AM
Hooray another frag swap!

seriously dave, what do you do when it rains? does it throw off your salinity a lot?

knot-hard
05/19/2003, 07:03 PM
well guys i dont have much but here is somethign i am definately bringing to the swap

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
05/19/2003, 07:18 PM
My cheato stocks have gone back up since the last frag swap and i have plenty for all!!!!!!

BonsaiNut
05/26/2003, 11:19 PM
I might have something... interesting to bring :)

masterfuji01
05/28/2003, 07:50 PM
this swap will be my first time ever going to one. What kind of stuff shoudl i bring?? i dont have a lot of unique stuff, nor do i have a lot of stuff that i could really frag. is htere any market for some pretty normal stuff, and do poeple sell their frags too?? thanks everyone

Aaron

o2manyfish
05/28/2003, 09:53 PM
Aaron,

Lots of people bring stuff just to sell, who don't have room for anything else.

I think you mentioned something in the other thread about having whole colonies. You can bring entire colonies and frag them to size for people or sell them whole.

Dave B

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
05/29/2003, 06:57 PM
a lot of new people like to buy the normal stuff as their first time corals and stuff. It goes pretty easily.

o2manyfish
05/30/2003, 12:07 AM
Okay,

So I was doing some frag maintenance outside in the prop tanks today and decided to frag up the Sky Blue Monti. So the pic I posted earlier for the frag growing contest has now been chopped into 4 pieces.

So I moved up a notch. I am going to submit this purple acro:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/554/18153Purple-Acro-Growth.jpg

This was one of my first uses of the Sprinkler plugs for a frag. Check out the encrusting growth. This is only 2 weeks of growth and it has overgrown the top of the plug.

Dave B

sberman
05/30/2003, 12:12 AM
did you frag the monti or did you frag it by rearranging today

i need to decide what to enter

Konadog
05/30/2003, 12:13 AM
Man Dave, those look nice. My greenback fan is getting to look pretty good also. Maybe a trade ;)

o2manyfish
05/30/2003, 12:49 AM
Scott,

No this time it was an intentional fragging. I got the Sky Blue Monti Cap from Steve Tyree. But the color wasn't changing as I had hoped. And the piece was starting to grow. So I intentionally fragged it tonight !!!

I also mounted up a bunch of the pieces from Pierce. Amazing how many pieces there are/were.

Dave B

sberman
05/30/2003, 01:31 AM
no i wasnt picken on you i know how it is reach in the tank means a new frag and i know how crowed you tanks are so it has to be worse

is a frag of that blut monti availble?

masterfuji01
05/30/2003, 01:50 AM
i donk know if i missed something, but i know the date of the frag swap, but is the time and place set yet? im trying to get my calendar worked out...i dont want to miss out on this one

Dave - the sprinkler plugs that those acro frags are mounted on...are they very bendable, or i guess a better question is could they easily be wedged between two rocks as to hide their appearance. if not what is the suggested method of holding a frag down?

o2manyfish
05/30/2003, 02:21 AM
The Frag swap will be at my house in Encino. Time is not yet set, but it will be sometime in the afternoon. Last time there was a potluck BBQ which was alot of fun.

I have taken the frags on the plugs and then cut the bottom off the plastic plug. You can stick them into knooks and crannies. And Super Glue Gel sticks to them as well.

Dave B

Scott - You can have one of the Blue Monti's I hope to try to get the pink this weekend.

sberman
05/30/2003, 02:23 AM
thanks dave i have a frag of lime green with blue edge i will bring you

let me know about the pink

Anemone
05/30/2003, 09:32 AM
I'm thinking of getting rid of a large colony of my Larry Jackson purple-tipped acro. The colony is about 8-10" in diameter, and has a 4" colony of green-polyped A. microthalma on the back side. Whole thing is on a slab of live rock.

I have to make room in the tank, and this is one of three colonies of this coral at this size.

Anyone interested in this at the frag swap (bring your own bucket, 'cause this isn't going to fit in a bag....)?

Kevin

pch90265
05/30/2003, 10:42 AM
Dave,

Can't wait to see your setup at the swap... how has the outdoor system been handling the heat the last week???

Hope to have some interesting stuff for trade . . .

--Sean--

knot-hard
05/30/2003, 11:02 AM
anemone im interested. =p

Anemone
05/30/2003, 12:34 PM
Alos, anyone interested in a long-spine urchin (Diadema sp.)?

I'd like to try and grow some coralline, and three urchins (rock-boring, tuxedo, and long-spine) are stripping my rocks....

Kevin

o2manyfish
05/30/2003, 12:51 PM
Sean,

I have had some minor heat issues, the system has gotten up to 85. I am trying to locate a resevoir to bury in the ground. And I am looking to borrow a truck to pick up the insulation boards so I can wrap the above ground sumps in Thick Insulation.

I have a chiller, but it needs a recharging so it's not even plugged in.

Kevin,

I wouldn't mind a couple of pieces of your purple tip colony to add to the out door system.

Dave B

Konadog
05/30/2003, 12:57 PM
I have a chiller, but it needs a recharging so it's not even plugged in.
Dave B

Dave, what type of refrigerant does it use, I work for a Commercial A/C Company and may be able to have someone here recharge it as long as its not R12, the guys treat that stuff like gold. I still may be able to do it, I just need to find the right person.

o2manyfish
05/30/2003, 01:05 PM
Kona,

Its a 1/2hp UMI Chiller. It's about 8 years old. I don't know what refrigerant it uses.

It's too big to move around easily. I am looking for someone who can come out and charge it up.

Thanks

Dave B

Hey Kona -- Where is a photo of the frag your going to grow out for the frag swap.....

Konadog
05/30/2003, 01:25 PM
Dave, if you want, check and see if it already has the confections to hook up gauges or if they need to be cut in. I may be able to come up with something to take out there and charge it. Did it have a leak and go compleat flat, or is it just low?

As for a pic, I'm just starting to go SPS, all I have is some shrooms, GSP, and xenia to get rid of.

sberman
05/30/2003, 01:41 PM
when did you want to pick up that insulation i can probaly help on mon or friday of next week

let me know
scott

Konadog
05/30/2003, 02:40 PM
Dave, if you want, check and see if it already has the confections to hook up gauges or if they need to be cut in. I may be able to come up with something to take out there and charge it. Did it have a leak and go compleat flat, or is it just low?

Make that connections please.

Anemone
05/30/2003, 04:48 PM
Make that connections please.

Dang! I was hoping to see Dave's new candy machine at the next frag swap :lmao:

Kevin

Konadog
05/30/2003, 05:25 PM
Yea, I have herd that he has some "sweet frags" :lol:

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
05/30/2003, 06:32 PM
kevin can i get hooked up with a rose? i'll be coming again... i hope i stay long enough for the bbq this time:D

mathman
05/30/2003, 06:38 PM
I am looking for some green monti with purple rim. I thought someone brought it last time and I missed out. Does anyone plan on bringing some this time; if so I want first crack at some.

o2manyfish
05/30/2003, 07:24 PM
Mathman,

For the Purple Rim Monti Cap you want to talk to Pierce (Cali reef) or Carlos (Pucci/Black Cap) they both have really nice large colonies.

I think Lyndel might as well, but I haven't seen his colony in person.

Dave B

sberman
05/30/2003, 07:28 PM
pierce's is real nice it is bright green with a nice purple edge

dont know about lyndels the piece i got from him is just starting to color up but i am sure it is just as nice

i will let both of them fight over it if they cant then i am sure i could frag a piece i have one from both of them

scott

Anemone
05/30/2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by BlAcK_PeRcUlA
kevin can i get hooked up with a rose? i'll be coming again... i hope i stay long enough for the bbq this time:D

Quite possibly - it depends upon the clones though - whether one is available for harvest....

Got a smaller one up on the walls now - have no idea what might be there by the 13th...

Kevin

dadevil23335
05/30/2003, 09:20 PM
dont know about lyndels the piece i got from him is just starting to color up but i am sure it is just as nice
scott

Scott - the funny thing about the cap that you got from me is that it's not suppose to be a purple rim...but from the different people that has gotten mine, they have all/most have morphed into different colors in their tanks which is kinda cool.

Mathman - My purple rim has changed into a darker green at this time when my bulb over it lost some PAR, it's coloring up again with the new bulbs..I can bring you some frags if I go, but that day is my dad's b-day. Otherwise, if you're close to me, you can just pick one up before the swap...i'm in Downey near the 105/605 interchange.

sberman
05/30/2003, 11:49 PM
lyndels montis are nice and do color up real nice when i first got the one from him it was a flouresent green now it has gotten lighter green but got the purple rim so u never know what it is going to do in your tank

i will say his frags are nice and healthy to . and filled with little surprises good ones

royb
05/31/2003, 12:30 AM
I got this from lyndel a week ago and it's already starting to grow...and turn this nice limey color

mathman
05/31/2003, 01:09 AM
Lyndel-I'm sorry to hear that you will not be able to make it. Maybe I can try to visit you sometime soon.

I remember last frag swap, there was a separate thread for people to post what they were bringing and set up trades in advance. Is this going to happen again?

Dave- What type of tortoises do you have?

o2manyfish
05/31/2003, 01:13 AM
Mathman,

I am sure when we get closer to the date someone will start a trading thread.

I have sulcata torts now, and am in the process of trying to locate an Aldaber's.

Dave B

dadevil23335
05/31/2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by royb
I got this from lyndel a week ago and it's already starting to grow...and turn this nice limey color

Roy, glad to see the frag is doing well...don't get mad at me when it takes over your entire tank:D

Mathman - let me know when you want to come by...you can email me at dadevil2335@aol.com

masterfuji01
06/01/2003, 11:19 PM
does anyone have any blue or red zoos they are going to bring to the swap?

royb
06/03/2003, 10:53 AM
Does anyone have monti digitata (purple w/green polyps) ?

Old Yeller Tang
06/03/2003, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have monti digitata (purple w/green polyps) ?

I have a frag of that that's not coloring up as well for me since I have to put all digitatas on the bottom of my tank. If no one is able to hook you up, I can just cut mine in half which would be about an 1" frag if your interested.

Btw, I for some reason I thought the swap was June 13 but since it's in July, I'll be doing my best to show up this time to join the festivities as all that I've spoken with said it was a grand time! It'll be over a month since I've been back to work so if needed, an easy sick call will be in order.:D

Roland

cali_reef
06/03/2003, 01:43 PM
Roland,

Yes, call in sick. I am thinking about doing the same so I don't have to fly.

o2manyfish
06/03/2003, 01:58 PM
Roland,

That interesting about the Purple Monti Digi not doing great. I have 3 or 4 pieces of just Purple Digi and they are growing really well both inside and outside.

If you would like to drop off a piece of that and leave it in the sun for the month before the frag swap it might be interesting to see how it does in comparison with in your tank.

Does anyone have any Bright Yellow Monti Cap ?

Does Anyone have any Bright Yellow Acro ?

Dave B

Old Yeller Tang
06/03/2003, 02:20 PM
Dave,

I also have a geen digi w/ supposedly pink polyps but have turned orange which I also suspect due to weak lighting. I can bring both down and see how they fare under natural sun. I can also get you a frag of a bright yellow acro as well. If the digi's come back with their brilliant colors and grown into nice colonies then I can get a frag back from you and hopefully I'll have stronger ligthing for them by then.

Pierce,

Just do it! I'll see you there!;)

Roland

RyanN
06/03/2003, 02:35 PM
Royb,

I have a purple digitata with green polyps...I'll post a pic when I get home. I should have a frag or two ready for the frag swap.

Ryan

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/03/2003, 02:45 PM
ryan n, can you bring a couple blue zoos for me? Dave, can you hold a frag of monti digi for me? I dont know if my dad wants to take me on a weekday but i am coming to the frag swap. Thanks.

For all, i have plenty of Cheato and red sea pink xenia and one kenya tree coral

mathman
06/03/2003, 03:29 PM
Cali_Reef -

Can you bring me a frag of your purple rimmed cap?

sberman
06/03/2003, 03:33 PM
a hardball sized piece of purple monti anybody have a trade for me

pierce i am haveing to take a vacation day for that day or else i would be calling in sick

sberman
06/03/2003, 03:40 PM
get ahold of joe i think he had some yellow acros that you would like

o2manyfish
06/03/2003, 03:45 PM
Scott B,

You interested in trading some live sand/live rock for that Purple Ball -- LOL

Just kidding... Felt like having some fun.

Dave B

sberman
06/03/2003, 04:04 PM
would love to trade but i tell yo what instead of the monti how about i trade you a buffer and sander for the sand

mathman
06/03/2003, 04:15 PM
I plan on bringing a frag or two of a really red/pink seriatapora and a light geen acro with dark green polyps. I have several other frags with blue tips and purple tips and pink stylaphora (cat's paw).

I am looking for more red and purple; I am hoping on getting a piece of purple monti cap and purple rimmed cap.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/04/2003, 07:38 PM
Would any softy people like to take a Keyna tree coral off my hands? (Well i bought it as a colt but i'm not really sure what it is.)

I'm open to any trades... nice color zoos or sps frags

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/04/2003, 07:38 PM
Sorry.. double post

knot-hard
06/04/2003, 08:27 PM
if anyone can get me a pair of black percs it would be greatly appreciated. black perc i called the place you gave me and they said they havent gotten any in a few months.

dadevil23335
06/04/2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by knot-hard
if anyone can get me a pair of black percs it would be greatly appreciated. black perc i called the place you gave me and they said they havent gotten any in a few months.

Have you contacted Anthony...I thought I remember him saying he had a pair of black percs

masterfuji01
06/04/2003, 08:32 PM
does anyone want any frogspawn frags?? I am looking for zoos:)

knot-hard
06/04/2003, 09:35 PM
dadevil yes they arent black percs they are actually black saddle back clowns. dadevil did you get my pm about the frag pack? im still interested how is saturday for you?

dadevil23335
06/04/2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by knot-hard
dadevil yes they arent black percs they are actually black saddle back clowns. dadevil did you get my pm about the frag pack? im still interested how is saturday for you?

Knott-hard - I never received the PM, which ones were you interested in. There are a few corals taken off the list...of the top of my head, the yellow fiji leather. I can't remember what else. What time saturday? I prefer the morning before 11:30. Let me know...you can email me directly at dadevil2335@aol.com

o2manyfish
06/04/2003, 11:26 PM
Back to the frag swap as the topic. I am bummed no one is posting photos of frags they are going to grow out for the swap.

Here is the Purple Acro I posted a week ago. Check out how in just less than a week the encrusting has now wrapped over the top of the frag plug --

The Frag is now 3 weeks old.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/18153Purple-Acro-Growth---June-4-med.jpg

Also -- I have available for trade frags of a Blue Table Top.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/18153Tabletop---Blue---Frag---we.jpg

Dave B

sberman
06/04/2003, 11:39 PM
u are getting some real good growth on that acro
is it just purple or does it have some yellow in it also

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/08/2003, 08:58 PM
masterfuji01,

i'm interested in a frogspawn frag. I have a small rock with orange zoos with lime green centers if you want those. Or just cash:D

royb
06/08/2003, 10:06 PM
Does anyone have any Heliopora Coerulea?

o2manyfish
06/08/2003, 10:30 PM
Track down Graham aka Pineapple House. He has Helio and was interested in fragging it pretty soon.

Dave B

royb
06/08/2003, 10:52 PM
Thanks Dave....I sent him a PM

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/09/2003, 10:57 AM
do anyone have Pocillopora Damicornis?

i am looking for that bright pink color. http://www.reefscience.com/images/pocillopora_damicornis_pink_large.jpg

knot-hard
06/09/2003, 12:31 PM
black_perc id be happy to trade you a frag of frogspawn for soem zoos. =p

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/09/2003, 06:30 PM
sounds good knot-hard. i might have some greens with lime centers but i dont know. i am bringing the oranges though.

knot-hard
06/09/2003, 07:03 PM
reminder: black percs if anyone sees any of the true aus. black percs. im looking for 2 of them. i dont want the black saddles, they must be the real deal.
thanx
sean

coolcat310
06/10/2003, 12:54 AM
Knot-hard,

I'm not sure if they're true black and white percs, but this place has a few black and white Occellaris, or Perculas, not the saddlebacks. I think I saw one or two that's purely black like the one that Black_Percula has, it's in the main tank up front. The ones at the back, the black has a tint of orange on it. This place is called Circle Pet at Long Beach, CA. I can't seem to remember the address, but it's at the corner of Ximeno and Atherton. It's a few minutes drive from CSULB.

HTH

Coolcat310

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/10/2003, 03:51 PM
Ok, to add to my "want" list...

green slimer and Pocillopora Damicornis
looking for that bright pink color. http://www.reefscience.com/images/pocillopora_damicornis_pink_large.jpg

Willing to pay:D i get money for A's every semester. MUHAHA

Anemone
06/10/2003, 04:11 PM

Yeah, so do my kids...where do you think my frag money goes? :lmao:

BTW, I edited your link so it works now - it was truncated and not going to the website when I tried to view it...

Where are you located...I may have something for you...

Kevin

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/10/2003, 04:25 PM
Calabasas, thanks for the edit.

Rose? My clowns are homeless:lol:

dadevil23335
06/10/2003, 10:42 PM
Ok, to add to my "want" list...

green slimer and Pocillopora Damicornis
looking for that bright pink color. http://www.reefscience.com/images/pocillopora_damicornis_pink_large.jpg

David - I might have the green slimer for you if I make it to the frag swap.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/10/2003, 11:03 PM
I hope you can Lyndel. Btw, your Green cap monster is putting on some weight:eek:

dadevil23335
06/10/2003, 11:20 PM
I hope you can Lyndel. Btw, your Green cap monster is putting on some weight:eek:

Glad to hear that cap is doing well in your tank...I hope you gave it enough space to grow out and take over the tank:D I was curious, did it keep the bright green color in your tank...the many different people that's received this coral, alot of them reports a color shift into purple rims, to lime green, to green with blue/purple polyps, just wondered what yours morphed into.

If I make it to the swap, I'll bring you the slimer. I'm still undecided since my dad's b-day is that day.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/11/2003, 02:19 PM
It's weird because it's turned a weird lime-yellow color and has gotten really rough on top with all of the polyps extended. On your website (Which is NICE) it looks really smooth and more greenish. I'll take a pic to show you later today.

royb
06/11/2003, 02:46 PM
BlAcK_PeRcUlA,

I told Lyndel he should start a thread so everyone that he has given a frag to could post pictures of them.

Mine has really started to take off (I'm a little worried). It has turned a lighter green and sometimes the rim looks purple (in the right light). The new growth is completely smooth and the old is really rough. It initially died back from the epoxy, but has since started to encrust the epoxy.

I also picked up a frag of green slimmer from him that is growing fast too...maybe faster. The piece that he gave me has already healed some old frag wounds.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/11/2003, 03:03 PM
Yea it would be nice to have a thread to see all the different forms of his cap

Eric Boerner
06/11/2003, 03:26 PM
The cap I got from Lyndel is Mountain Dew yellow during halides and goes kinda olive green during actinics. Really cool color morph IMO.

dadevil23335
06/11/2003, 09:40 PM
It does sound like I need to start a new thread and you guys posting what your caps looks like. I'll do that right now.

sberman
06/11/2003, 10:50 PM
the one i got from him has turned bright yellow withgreen poloyps (kidding)

mine is smooth and has a purple edge

cesar mora
06/11/2003, 11:18 PM
the monti i got from lyndel it turns lime green blue rim and blue polyps.I'll bring to the frag swap
blue coral(heliopora something)
sky blue tip stag
yellow montipora and purple polyps(trade only)
colored zoo's
blue xenia elongata
xenia elongata
2- coco worms
2-acropora colonies
big colony brigth green star polyps.
some ricordias and mushrooms.

royb
06/12/2003, 12:59 AM
cesar mora,

Did you say "blue coral(heliopora something)"....is it "Heliopora Coerulea"......and you live it Westminster?

We need to talk

mathman
06/12/2003, 10:08 PM
Yah Cesar, a yellow monti with purple polyps definitely sounds like something I would like to own!!!:D

cesar mora
06/12/2003, 10:46 PM
royb.
yes,is (heliopora coerulea)blue coral

mathman.
the montipora i have is yellow/purple polyps,
plate form.

Jimbo327
06/13/2003, 04:08 PM
cesar,

What color are the coco worms? I might be interested in acquiring those and others on your list. PM me.

Jim

boomhowers
06/13/2003, 05:04 PM
I would love to come to the frag swap but have nothing to swap... I will hold a sign out in front that says Will Work for Frags..

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/13/2003, 05:16 PM
i lot of people are just coming with mula to pay. Money is the nationally accepted trade:D

boomhowers
06/13/2003, 06:40 PM
Ah... David .. Good trade when You have an abundance of it.. I am currently battling the Temp Problems which seems to be forcing me down the Chiller path... MAinly will be looking this time. I want to check out the outside prop tank..

mathman
06/13/2003, 06:41 PM
Cesar-

Sign me up brotha!! Hopefully I'll have a few things that you might want.

Old Yeller Tang
06/13/2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by boomhowers
I would love to come to the frag swap but have nothing to swap... I will hold a sign out in front that says Will Work for Frags..

Dave will have so many frags in his outdoor setup you won't need to bring anything, just cash!:D

cesar mora
06/14/2003, 12:52 AM
jimbo.
the cocoworms are red/pink color.

cesar mora
06/15/2003, 07:53 PM
i'm looking for a frag of the acropora tortuosa
i'm willing to pay or trade.I have some nice stuff.
thanks.

sberman
06/15/2003, 08:06 PM
get in line alot of people are looking for frags of the tort

not easy to come by limited number availble

cesar mora
06/15/2003, 11:29 PM
well i think i have to wait,
but anyway i have some frags for trade.
-acropora efflorescens
-purple cap w/blue polyps
-yellow w/purple polyps(plate form)
-green monti purple rim

sberman
06/15/2003, 11:43 PM
somebody might want to trade you for what you have if one of mine was big enough to frag i might trade you

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/15/2003, 11:55 PM
Dave,

What are you average prices on your frags? They were pretty sizable last i saw so i was wondering how much they go for.

o2manyfish
06/15/2003, 11:57 PM
Dave,

It depends, My preference is to trade for things I don't have.

But when cash is the commodity of trade, they range from $10 up to $50 for the frags. Depends on the size and the color.

Dave

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/16/2003, 12:05 AM
Thanks, i'll be prepared. I only have the usual (monti's and a bird's nest) and not enough to frag either because they're from the last swap:D I dont think you'll be interested in those.

royb
06/16/2003, 12:35 AM
Any one have Seriatophora hystrix(PINK BIRD'S NEST)

sberman
06/16/2003, 12:37 AM
i have some 2 inch frags of it whats ya got

royb
06/16/2003, 12:41 AM
sberman,

I have:
money
Orange Monti Dig
Pom Pom Xinia
money

Tank was started in March and full of frags

cali_reef
06/16/2003, 12:41 AM
Cesar,

I have a frag of the Blue A. Tort to trade, I am intrested in the following three:

-acropora efflorescens
-purple cap w/blue polyps
-yellow w/purple polyps(plate form)

I will give you a 1 inch frag and some $$ for the three frags of the above.

Pierce

sberman
06/16/2003, 12:46 AM
of what you listed will have to go with the money sorry

sberman
06/16/2003, 12:47 AM
when you back in town

Old Yeller Tang
06/16/2003, 12:48 AM
Argh! Pierce,

You beat me to the punch!:D

Ceasar,

I'm interested in the 2 caps if your able to get more frags out of them!:)

Roland

sberman
06/16/2003, 12:52 AM
i have seen pierces blue tort it is real nice i am still waiting to pick up my frag of it

cesar mora
06/17/2003, 12:07 AM
roland,pierce.
sorry about the purple cap w/blue polyps i have already trade it.
i just have a small piece but i'm keeping it 'till it grows.

everybody sorry for my writing errors.

cesar.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/17/2003, 01:02 AM
I'm looking for really bright blue zoos if anybody has some.

sberman
06/24/2003, 12:08 AM
dave did you ever decide on a time for this ?

Eric Boerner
06/24/2003, 01:44 AM
David

I should have about 20 frags of zoos at the swap. I'm not listing whats coming yet, since they are still in the grow out stage. But lets say theres going to be some really nice stuff available. I should have a list ready the week before the swap with polyp counts.

cali_reef
06/24/2003, 02:32 AM
Eric,

I like to reserve a blue and a orange\red colored zoo frags.

Pierce

sberman
06/24/2003, 02:33 AM
when can we get together

let me know
thanks scott

cali_reef
06/24/2003, 02:37 AM
Scott,

Almost any time this week. I am home building a deck in the back. Just let me know when you want to stop by.

sberman
06/24/2003, 02:47 AM
send me your phone number again to my email address
sberman431@aol.com

will call ya and let you know wed or thursday will be best

boobookitty
06/25/2003, 12:14 PM
Hi, all...

I'll be at the swap, and can bring xenia, clove polyps and frags of orange/pink monti cap, if anyone is interested. In particular, I'm looking for a couple items I haven't seen mentioned:

- I need a *big* cleaner shrimp - big enough to hold its own with a decent sized coral banded shrimp and a small lion fish in my office tank. Anyone have one of those?

- I'm looking for pink pocillopora - I saw it mentioned here, but can't track it down. I have a nice frag of purple pocillopora that I love, and would really like to get a frag of pink as well.

-<edited to add> I'm also looking for gorgonia frags as well

Can't wait for the swap...:)

Arthur

madaha
06/26/2003, 12:58 AM
Hello Souther California!! You asked for something to talk about so how about me???? I moved here in Febuary from Chicago. I had a 125 acrylic (it is now for sale, I'll post seperatly soon). Before I set the 125 up I decided to look for something a bit... well... bigger. I now have a 180. I bought it used with some livestock. The tank has stabalized and is ready for some diversity... all kinds of diversity.

I would love to get involved in SCMAS... and would like to invite myself to the frag swap in mid July... if you will have me. I do not have alot to swap... ok... I have brown hairy mushrooms... but I don't think that would be high on many peoples list. I would have more, however the following is why I don't. I am not looking for handouts... just a story to teach us all a lesson...

When I moved I had a LFS hold all my livestock... anticipating he would ship as soon as I had my tank established out here, 8 weeks max( I have a 55 that would be ready to sustain live quickly). I know that is a crazy thing but when you have some incredible pieces you just don't want to give them up. I made it clear what I wanted and what he could sell, ya know for rent. I would then pay for shipping. In March I went back to Chicago to collect... of course he went out of busines and sold all my lifestock(fish and coral), he was nowhere to be found. Whatever... the guy that took over ownership was pretty cool about it... he said I could pick up a box o' coral for his cost, no mark up and I can pick it up directly form LAX.. no extra shipping. While I really appreciated his offer, I am a believer in propagation. I may reques a couple of pieces that I would like to replace but I would like to get a majority of my livestock from fellow reefers.

Right now I am more intersted in pods, mini and micor stars, bristle worms, critters... Normally a cup of rubble from the corner of the tank or sump have a good population of such little critters... Just trying to get the supporting life systems jump started. Of course I would like some coral as well... whatever might be available for purchase.

Sorry for the long post but I am the new guy... I had to introduce myself. I look forward to meeting some of you crazy people...

matt... aka madaha

sberman
06/26/2003, 02:06 AM
glad to have you around matt and come on aver to the frag swap you can get all you need there and probaly stuff you didnt know you needed

dadevil23335
06/26/2003, 02:18 AM
Welcome aboard Matt, I hope you enjoy it here. You are lucky enough to be the center of this hobby with many accesses to various places and a large number of local reefers to trade with. Hope to see you at Dave's.

Lyndel

sberman
06/26/2003, 02:20 AM
here in so cal a true reefer never sleeps got to stay up and watch them grow

Anemone
06/26/2003, 01:06 PM
Matt,

Welcome to the madhouse. There's lots of sales as well as trades going on at the swaps..and as Scott said - you'll find stuff you had no idea you were in dire need of :D

I usually bring some mini-brittle and micro-stars to the swap....I'll bring mysid and grammarus as well, if I have the time to catch them (what a pain!). Maybe bristleworms if anyone wants some.

I'll also bring some -
-purple-tipped brown acro (Larry Jackson's Purple-tipped monster) (may bring a 10" colony I'm trying to get rid of as well, if there's interest),
-green-polyped brown acro (A. microthalma),
-a couple of very small R. yuma babies from my pink/orange yuma,
-some orange R. yuma,
-some frogspawn frags,
-a couple of A. millepora frags (I can't tell you the color - one is pinkish red, one is green around the outside with pinkish purple in the center, and the one I have in my tank that's not a frag is mostly pinkish, but the growth tips are a purplish blue...so who knows what colo it really wants to be...),
-green monti digitata,
-tan with teal highlights shaggy acro,
-possibly a frag or two of my purple-edged green monti cap,
-possibly a frag or two of my orange-mouthed green Echinophyllia aspera,
-and maybe a small frag of Echinopora lamellosa (Steve Tyree's Blue Chalice),

And anything else I can think of or frag....maybe a rose BTA, if they cooperate....

Kevin

sberman
06/26/2003, 01:37 PM
i am interested in a frag of that pink millie with the blue tips what are yo looking for to trade i might have it !!!!!!!

scott

p.s.anybody looking for a brand new sqwd in the box has only seen water by looking at it though the box

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/26/2003, 01:37 PM
Hooray! Anemone's coming. I'd probably like a frag of the millepora and the rose of course:D

RyanN
06/26/2003, 04:03 PM
Kevin,

I'd love to get a frag of that blue chalice from you. Is there anything you're looking for aside from $?

Ryan

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/26/2003, 05:11 PM
RyanN,

are you selling those blue zoos in your avatar?

madaha
06/26/2003, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome everybody... I will be out of town for awhile but will be able to make the frag swap.

Anemone.... yeah... looks like I will be able to fill up a number of empty spaces. I may also be interested in the larger piece you mentioned. I am looking for a couple of larger pieces to allow the tank to look like something other than a frag tank. And any/all of the critters you can bring will be well received.

thank to everyone.. see you at the swap

dadevil23335
06/26/2003, 10:05 PM
Kevin - I would like this guy, "possibly a frag or two of my orange-mouthed green Echinophyllia aspera"

Check my website out if for anything that interests you to trade for it, otherwise i got some greenbacks:D

www.dadevil2335.4t.com

sberman
06/26/2003, 10:17 PM
let the frag trading begin

sberman
06/26/2003, 10:19 PM
this is the one i got from pierce last night

cesar mora
06/26/2003, 11:36 PM
That's a nice frag.:rolleye1:

dadevil23335
06/26/2003, 11:40 PM
Dang Scott - that's a good size frag, I wish the frag I got from Shawn last meeting was that big...oh well, it's growing pretty well, I can't complain.

cali_reef
06/27/2003, 12:00 AM
Kevin,

I like to have a few pieces of the orange R. yuma, and orange\pink yumas.

Let me know how much are you asking for them.

Thanks.

Pierce

sberman
06/27/2003, 12:44 AM
pierce was very kind to me on that frag thanks again mr.pierce it is looking real good

i am using the xm bulbs now 2 400 watters on my 80 does not look bad so far will have to see how they look in a week when they break in also will have to keep an eye on the growth

will let all know

dadevil23335
06/27/2003, 01:18 AM
pierce was very kind to me on that frag thanks again mr.pierce it is looking real good

i am using the xm bulbs now 2 400 watters on my 80 does not look bad so far will have to see how they look in a week when they break in also will have to keep an eye on the growth

will let all know

cool can't wait to see them. If kevin hooks me up with the frag i wanted, i guess i am sure to show up at the frag and celebrate my dad's b-day later that evening.

sberman
06/27/2003, 01:21 AM
just let me know i can frag some more stuff for you two like that millie you wanted

dadevil23335
06/27/2003, 01:31 AM
Thanks man, now can you correct your spelling of saltwater in your signature (*salwater) i don't know why, but it's been driving me crazy...and i'm not even good at spelling and grammar, not sure why on that fixation:confused:

sberman
06/27/2003, 01:34 AM
i dont see a problem as long as were on that how do u change it where it says reefer

o2manyfish
06/27/2003, 01:34 AM
Holy Crap Lyndel... You weren't even polite about that typo.

Wow, how about I send you some frags and valium. :)

Apparently the summer growth spurts in corals is getting to you ....

LOL

If you can't be nice I am going to have to go get a big wooden spoon and fork !!!

Dave B

sberman
06/27/2003, 01:36 AM
lets not start again its fixed its fixed

dadevil23335
06/27/2003, 01:42 AM
Holy Crap Lyndel... You weren't even polite about that typo.

Wow, how about I send you some frags and valium. :)

Apparently the summer growth spurts in corals is getting to you ....

LOL

If you can't be nice I am going to have to go get a big wooden spoon and fork !!!

Dave B

LOL:lol: Been spending too much time under those metal halides i guess.

sberman
06/27/2003, 01:44 AM
the boards are busy tonight must be the hot weather

o2manyfish
06/27/2003, 01:49 AM
Scott,

The boards aren't that busy, its just the 3 of us chatting, to lazy to use an instant messenger service for our frag banter.

I added a Nice Powder Blue Tang and some Rabbit fish to the outside tanks today.

I got a small fox face for the display tank. And a cool little Red Wrasse.

I put about 1/2 dozen 6 lines outside in the frag sumps to clean up out there.

Tomorrow I drain the prop system and redo the plumbing.

Dave B

sberman
06/27/2003, 01:54 AM
dave you are busy i had a foxface i could of given you to throw in one of the sumps let me know if you need another

so u did go to the wholesalers then how was it

i got home and put all the frags in the sysem and was ripping the carpet out downstairs here i hear this noise from upstairs go running up there the hose came off the return pump and put about 10 gallons of water on that carpet what a night

dadevil23335
06/27/2003, 01:57 AM
Scott,

The boards aren't that busy, its just the 3 of us chatting, to lazy to use an instant messenger service for our frag banter.

Dave B

I think Dave's right about this one. Not only are we frag whores, but we're board whores too.

sberman
06/27/2003, 01:58 AM
who the real reef geeks are

dadevil23335
06/27/2003, 02:00 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dadevil23335
[B]I think Dave's right about this one. Not only are we frag whores, but we're board whores too.

Dang Dave, I thought I have a busy weekend planned out, looks like you a Scott are gonna be more sore than me. I'm gonna re-paint my room and then re-work the rockscapes and put in some new lights that Wilbur is letting me borrow for awhile to see how they look, 'cuz they are exactly the right wattage and color temp that I want to put there.

o2manyfish
06/27/2003, 02:00 AM
Have you heard of me being wrong about anything -- The problem is we are too dumb to keep out chat in just 1 thread. We gotta spread are worthless BS all over.

And I know Scott is just trying to get his posting stats up !!!

He saw that post last night showing everyone's post stats in the people from So Cal and he wants to be the top poster.

Scott did that red Stylophora open up for you ?

Lyndel -- Do you have the bright purple Pocillopora, or know anyone I can get 2 or 3 lrg frags from ?

Thanks Dave B ---

PS -- See how I brought the post back around the thread -- Pretty BIATCHIN aint it

dadevil23335
06/27/2003, 02:01 AM
You know, in other boards, they might think we're just trying to rack up our post count, talking all this blabber....all nonsense!:D

dadevil23335
06/27/2003, 02:04 AM
Dave - I have a purple poccilopora that I got from Joe Kelly awhile back. It's still a fairly small colony, but I can prolly get you a nice frag. It won't be as big as the frags you hook everyone else with, but i'll get you a good size of it.

sberman
06/27/2003, 02:05 AM
which one is the red stylo just kidding yes it did looks ok

on that pocillopora are you talking about the purpe and yellow one that i have

i dont care about my posts i am just bored my wife works nights so i have nothing to do

o2manyfish
06/27/2003, 02:05 AM
I know that Scott is new to reefing, but I hope he realizes that his frag growth is not related to his number of posts !!!!

Dave B

LOL

sberman
06/27/2003, 02:08 AM
i am not that new my tank has been set up for a month now and i have 100 sps is that bad

i did notice every post they do grow so you nare wrong on that

dadevil23335
06/27/2003, 02:10 AM
i am not that new my tank has been set up for a month now and i have 100 sps is that bad

i did notice every post they do grow so you nare wrong on that

the 100 sps isn't that bad after 1 month, it's having 5 tangs and a school of 3 moorish idols to cycle the tank is what concerns me

sberman
06/27/2003, 02:20 AM
i got rid of the moorish idols and i put in some nice eels and these cute small triggers about 5 of them

boobookitty
06/27/2003, 09:07 AM
Wow, you guys were up late...:)

I heard pocillopora mentioned...I have a frag of purple, but I'm looking for a piece of pink pocillopora...Scott/Dave/anyone, do you have that?

Thanks...

bbk

o2manyfish
06/27/2003, 09:10 AM
I have green and pink / red cat's paw - Pocil's

Dave B

jimmy007
06/27/2003, 11:09 AM
Kevin

How much are you asking for the pink/orange yuma and the rose anemone? Let me know.

Jimmy

cesar mora
06/27/2003, 11:24 PM
i'm looking for a pink millepora w/yellow tips
i'm willing to pay or trade please let me know.

cesar.

mcsock
06/28/2003, 01:00 PM
Anyone bringing some colorful Zoanthids to the swap forsale? Nothing to swap but cash, still trying to get things for the tank.

leykis1o1
06/28/2003, 06:53 PM
just came back from Dave's (o2manyfish). he seams to know his stuff, spent some money on some frags,, not sure what they are but he says they are really nice....he has a nice setup in the back for his propagation....hopefully around the 13th the frags will color up under my acintics and ill have a good success story to tell when i see you all the 13th!!

sberman
06/29/2003, 01:53 AM
hey dave b

what time is this going to start
bbq again or not
do we bring drinks
you are the program director time for you to take charge and be our leader

going to have a time limit on the whole thing

sniper sps
06/29/2003, 07:19 PM
i'm looking for acropora tortuosa
and some others rare sps.
i have for trade ricordeas yuma n' florida
-orange
-peach w/blue actinic and green mouth
-blue
-red
-red w/pink
-greens
sps
-red encrusting montipora w/white polyps

sberman
06/29/2003, 07:51 PM
alot of purple digi big frags
tan with green poloys digi
some orange monti caps

also have a brand new sqwd

needed surprise me

o2manyfish
06/29/2003, 09:55 PM
Okay,

For Sunday July 13th, How does starting at 4pm sound ? That way in case we are having July heat, the back yard should have some shade. And yet it's still light in the yard till about 8:30 pm.

I think the BBQ potluck for those that want to was/is great. So I am up for that again if everyone else is.

There is no timelimit...... People can stay as late as they want.

No bringing crappy beer and drinking the good stuff (Not Directed at Black Percula).

Lyndel must bring some type of Filipino food and must eat it using a giant wooden fork.

Dave B

SurferStevo
06/29/2003, 10:29 PM
Does anyone have any Heliopora Coerulea?
I have some but it's not fraggable yet! I can let you know when it is. http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/514/11179blueridge.jpg

royb
06/29/2003, 10:32 PM
srfmon,

Just snipe me a little piece off of the right side...LOL

SurferStevo
06/29/2003, 10:36 PM
srfmon,

Just snipe me a little piece off of the right side...LOL
Patience........I've had this guy for 2 months & while I can see some growth it has not been the fastest. You're in Buena Park so when it's ready I'll let you know. I'll soon be switching to Ushio's so maybe that will speed it up?

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/29/2003, 11:14 PM
No bringing crappy beer and drinking the good stuff (Not Directed at Black Percula).

LOL!:D

dadevil23335
06/30/2003, 12:39 AM

Lyndel must bring some type of Filipino food and must eat it using a giant wooden fork.

Dave B

Aight man, I'll bring something you have to use your hands to eat with since, filipino's don't know how to use utensils. Why do you think we put the wooden spoons and forks on the wall for decorations, 'cuz we have no clue on how to use it. What does my white cracker friend want to eat?:D

sberman
06/30/2003, 12:43 AM
bring a big plate of pansit (not sure of spelling) he will love it

and if he dont i will

dadevil23335
06/30/2003, 12:47 AM
Okay, i don't know how to cook that pansit, but I'll check if my dad can make some. Kinda sad, having him make something for me to take to this get together on the day he was born..man i better buy him something good.

sberman
06/30/2003, 12:55 AM
that would be real good and you are stoping by my place first so dave may not even get any

hey if it is his b-day he shouldnt have to cook that would not be right let him have the day off tell him to make it on sat. (j/k)

you back from the airport already and right on r/c dont know about you lyndel

GinaSofia
06/30/2003, 01:31 AM
Hi all..
I'm new to this board and am very interested in attending ( if that would be ok).
Unfortunatley, I really don't have anything special that I could frag(i really don't even know how to frag yet) but I do have some whole corals I could bring.
If it would be ok for me to join how would I find out where to go?
Thanks in advance.

sberman
06/30/2003, 01:37 AM
let me say welcome to r/c u have done a good thing by finding this site

i am sure if you email or pm david b(o2manyfish) he will get you directions

sberman
06/30/2003, 01:39 AM
i am sure there are plenty of people that can show u how to frag some corals where are you located

GinaSofia
06/30/2003, 01:41 AM
Thank you SBERMAN..I'll do that & if I am able to go I promise to bring great beer!

sberman
06/30/2003, 01:46 AM
you can go it is up to u if u want to go and meet all these crazy people

it is alot of fun and alot of good thing to trade or buy things yo dont see in the local stores and dave is a real good host it is worth it just to go and see his whole outdoor system

hope to see ya there

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/30/2003, 02:04 AM
Katara,

I like doing this

[welcome]

:D

Hope you can come to the frag swap. Great times and great frags

GinaSofia
06/30/2003, 02:15 AM
Black Percula..

Thanks so much..very cool & very sweet!
You guys are so sweet and welcoming.I've actually been a member of another bb for a year and a half & I've not seen half as much friendliness!
Thanks again!

Old Yeller Tang
06/30/2003, 02:50 AM
bring a big plate of pansit (not sure of spelling) he will love it

and if he dont i will

Yeah, I'll go for some of that or some pork adobo! If my parents lived close, I would bring some but Palm Springs is way too far!:(

Old Yeller Tang
06/30/2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Katara

Thanks so much..very cool & very sweet!
You guys are so sweet and welcoming.I've actually been a member of another bb for a year and a half & I've not seen half as much friendliness!
Thanks again!

Gina,

I'm glad you made it over here! You'll see a big difference from the other board! Hope to see you at the party and it would be a good idea to post what you have to trade so you'll know what to bring, that way you don't have to go thru the trouble of removing corals from your tank if you don't have too. I myself, when I take something out, I don't want to put it back into the tank.

Btw, Black Percula how do you do that welcome thingy? I've tried to in the past without any luck!:confused:

Roland

sberman
06/30/2003, 03:17 AM
this was a frag swap heck with the swap with the food you guys are talking about i may havr to talk to my brother and get some nice shrimp to bring as long as no one feels guilty eating it in front of the frags

dadevil23335
06/30/2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Old Yeller Tang

Btw, Black Percula how do you do that welcome thingy? I've tried to in the past without any luck!:confused:

Roland

Roland, sorry to jump in on your question for David, but it's an html, just right click on the welcome message, go to properties and copy the addy, then just paste it on your message, i'm sure there's a better way, but this works.

http://reefcentral.com/images/welcome.gif

That doubles as a welcome to you Katara, hope you enjoy it here. Also there's a little bit of life outside of this SCMAS thread, like the discussion boards and sps boards, but the freaks and true reef geeks are in here:D

laverda
06/30/2003, 11:52 AM
Hi
My wife has offered to bring chile rellenos. Everybody likes it and it is one of my favorites. I will bring some fine vintage Pepsi as we don't drink beer.
See you then.
Steve

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
06/30/2003, 02:54 PM
I guess that works too Lyndel but i use [+welcome+] (without the +'s)

dadevil23335
06/30/2003, 06:44 PM
David - that seems simple enough, I knew there was another way.:)

Hey Steve - Chile Relleno sounds good:D

Wilafur
06/30/2003, 06:49 PM
roland get your parents to overnight some adobo to dave's. mmmm.

if i promised anyone the red/purple milli, please email me before the swap so i won't forget to bring a frag for you.

cali_reef
06/30/2003, 07:04 PM
Wilbur,

You didn't promise me, but can I get a frag of your purple milli any way? Should I bring the reflector and mugol to the swap?

Pierce

dadevil23335
06/30/2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Emperator
roland get your parents to overnight some adobo to dave's. mmmm.

if i promised anyone the red/purple milli, please email me before the swap so i won't forget to bring a frag for you.

That's me wilbur:D Hey man, I ended up not using the Ice Caps, I got a good deal of a dual PFO HQI's. I'll bring them back to you at the swap untouched.

mathman
06/30/2003, 07:33 PM
Wilbur, I would love a frag of purple milli if there are any extras??

mathman
06/30/2003, 07:40 PM
How to you include a picture in the actual post w/o attachment? When I press the IMG button, it opens up a window and asks for an html address. I know it's off the subject but....

dadevil23335
06/30/2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by mathman
How to you include a picture in the actual post w/o attachment? When I press the IMG button, it opens up a window and asks for an html address. I know it's off the subject but....

once you upload the pic to a picture provider, then you can post it like this

http://www.your webpichost.jpg"

for example with my AOL it goes
http://www.members.aol.com/dadevil2335/picname.jpg extra slashes were placed at the end of the first image so that it doesn't load a pic

Old Yeller Tang
06/30/2003, 09:42 PM
[welcome]

Ahhhhh!

Wilbur,

Don't forget me about the red/purple milli! I have the blue one for you! ;)

Roland

SurferStevo
06/30/2003, 11:49 PM
Turtlespd - Do you want me to bring that Coralife Ozone Unit?
Roland - Are you guys carpooling again?

cesar mora
06/30/2003, 11:59 PM
whilbur.

do you think you can bring a frag for me of your red/purple millepora?
i am willing to pay or trade,i have very good stuff.

-yellow monti w/purple polyps
-red montipora w/white polyps
-acro effloresens
-ski blue tipped acropora

let me know what you want or just money.

cesar mora.

mathman
06/30/2003, 11:59 PM
Lyndel-

So does that mean your pictures have to be on the web? What if I just have them saved on my hard drive?

SurferStevo
07/01/2003, 01:10 AM
Lyndel-

So does that mean your pictures have to be on the web? What if I just have them saved on my hard drive?
No, they should be on a webserver. The only way it will work is if your hard drive happens to be part of that webserver (like your hosting a website on your PC).

RyanN
07/01/2003, 01:19 AM
Mathman,

You can attach files from your hard drive but they wont appear in the posting and have to be under 51200 bytes. People can click the file to view it. I use my website to post the majority of me images.

Ryan

dadevil23335
07/01/2003, 01:47 AM
Lyndel-

Yeah, like everyone else mentioned, you need to upload the pic to a server via file transfer protocol (FTP) of some sort. AOL allows me to upload the pics to my webpage and then post it like I mentioned earlier. I believe webshots will allow you to post it and paste the html like i showed you.

OUinLA
07/01/2003, 03:04 AM
Well I couldn't ready every page, but I came close. lol.

I don't have much to trade but I am looking for some Ricordia or Zoos.

If I have my new lights then I will be hounding you guys from some caps. If not then I hope to find a the above.

o2manyfish
07/01/2003, 04:02 AM
Hey all,

I know Roland asked me about some stags for the swap. Here is a photo of a new Purple Stag I got.

I bought one piece for my display tank, and one for the frag system.

Dave B

Anemone
07/01/2003, 10:30 AM
Mathman,

The picture size for "attached files" is pretty small. What you can do is upload the picture here on RC (go to picture gallery from the home page), then you can link your picture directly into a post (right click on the picture in your gallery, get the "properties," then copy the properties and use it between the "img" tags).

FWIW,
Kevin

PS - Oh yeah, as always, I have lots of green star polyps - is anyone interested?

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?postid=315882

Wilafur
07/01/2003, 11:01 AM
roland, lyndel, pierce and mathman i have you covered. :) the frags won't be very large, prob around 1.5" on average. hope thats ok.

cesar, do you have pics of the corals you will be fragging for the swap? if so, can you email them over? thanks.

mathman
07/01/2003, 11:16 AM
I tried that "hanging frags from fishing line" trick and it was working well until this morning. One of the lines was extremely taunt so I pulled on it to give it more slack. Somehow the line got wrapped around myblue tortuosa frag, broke it loose, and it fell inside the rockwork. I got it from Shawn Bennett at Dave's house, and it had encrusted over my gob of superglue. I am totally bummed.:sad1:

o2manyfish
07/01/2003, 12:46 PM
Shawn's Tort in the rocks ?

I think its definitely time to do some rockscaping.

I have a piece of Shawn's tort, and while the color is great, it has refused to encrust yet.

I think you should go digging. And beware, if Scott Berman here's about this he will come over and dig through the rock work when your not home :)

Dave B

sberman
07/01/2003, 01:15 PM
i am reading this in the truck on my way to his house already it is not nice to leave a tort in the rocks save it save it

jimmy007
07/01/2003, 01:23 PM
Wilbur - Can I get one too if you have any more?

Cesar - How much do you want a frag of yellow monti w/purple polyps and red montipora w/white polyps. Do you have any picture of it? Let me know.

Jimmy

mathman
07/01/2003, 01:54 PM
I know, I know. An intelligent reefer would definitely dig it out, but....

I have been known to throw temper tantrums when my rockwork doesn't look "right" to me. I am trying to save my wife some aggrevation and myself a few grey hairs. The truth is, I just may have to hit you guys up next year when your frags grow out! :D

You would think for all the times those inconsiderate crabs knocked over my frags, they could finally dig one out for me.

mathman
07/01/2003, 01:56 PM
Scott -

What's takin' you??? I figured you would have it out before I get home.

Wilafur
07/01/2003, 02:21 PM
sure jimmy....dude, i was just thinking, didn't i give you a frag of the milli already lyndel? :D

Jimbo327
07/01/2003, 02:50 PM
Mathman, where do you live? I just might have to come over and dig it out for you!!!! You can't let a piece like that fall into the rock works. Just take out a few pieces of the rocks out, and reach your arm in and feel around. You can definitely put it back the way it was.

Wilbur, man, how does your milli grow so fast - you fragging left and right??? I have frags of millepora that doesn't seem to grow. It's been like 3 months and I think it has barely encrusted!!! Is your tank up and running? Would love a picture!

Jimmy, what's going on, man? Got any new stuff? Just to let everyone know, Jimmy sells some good stuff. I got a sweet maxima from him like a month ago. Check out his website! It's under his signature! Besides, he lives like 3 blocks away from me. :D

Damn, looks like it is going to be a philipino feast at Dave's "BBQ"? Haha.

Jim:D

jimmy007
07/01/2003, 03:20 PM
Jimbo

Thanks for the feedback man. How is your clam and monti doing in you tank? Got an picture. I have got any new coral lately just fish. Where did you get the Ranco controller for $50?

Jimmy

turtlespd
07/01/2003, 07:30 PM
Sberman,

Yeah me and Roland might find out way to the swap so if yu found the ozone unit that would be cool..and yes i got a pack for you too...

I havent see your shrimp since i added it to my tank...im really bumbed and i stll see star fish all over...hope he is chilling somwhere

masterfuji01
07/01/2003, 10:38 PM
This is gunna be my first frag swap and I'm totally stoked about it. I just wanted to let everyone know. :)

mathman
07/01/2003, 10:49 PM
Update --

I am a little unsatisfied, but I can live with the adjusted aquascape. I ended up searching and finding the frag, but I scaped it up a bit trying to retrieve it (Scott, you don't need to come over now!). Hopefully it will recover and be alright. While removing a couple of rocks, I accidentally unstablized a branching piece and couldn't figure out how I had it before. All in all, you guys were right, I had to pay $35 bucks for that frag!! I found out I'm too cheap to just let it go!

sberman
07/01/2003, 10:54 PM
what the heck are you talking about explain

mathman i got called into work as i was leaving to come over i am leaving work now so glad you found it

rough day at the drug factory

turtlespd
07/01/2003, 11:16 PM
yikes, i meant sfmn.........sorry for the mistake..

turtlespd

dadevil23335
Originally posted by Emperator
sure jimmy....dude, i was just thinking, didn't i give you a frag of the milli already lyndel? :D

That's the one that fell in the cracks of nevermore:( It was growing so well too...doh!

dadevil23335
07/01/2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by turtlespd

That's 'cuz all dem white boys look alike, nothing like how different us asians are:D

cesar mora
07/01/2003, 11:23 PM
i don't have any pictures, but the montipora yellow w/purple polyps it grows encrustin and also make plates,the acropora efflorescens is a plating form w/purple rim and yellowish green tips,the red encrusting montipora has white polyps.

jimbo.
i prefer to trade

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
07/01/2003, 11:26 PM
That's 'cuz all dem white boys look alike, nothing like how different us asians are

Everybody can tell us apart so easily... Unlike those white people.:lol: :lol:

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
07/01/2003, 11:28 PM
This is gunna be my first frag swap and I'm totally stoked about it. I just wanted to let everyone know.

masterfuji01,

still up for the zoo for frogspawn trade?

turtlespd
07/01/2003, 11:44 PM
Man,.....Have you see a mass of white folks...and have you seen a mass of Asians.??? All the white dudes ahve beer bellys and all the asians are hella noisy..making fork and spoon noises not to mention they look like a mob of midgits trying to look tuff , even with the yellow streaks...:D

o2manyfish
07/01/2003, 11:51 PM
I agree, all you guys do look alike. If it wasn't for the different avatars on your posts I couldn't keep any of you straight (not that any of you have proven to be straight !!!).

Of course being white, having the biggest beer belly, the loudest voice and a pony tail people rarely say I look like the rest of the crackers.

Just out of racial curiosity how come none of the "Pacific Rim Natives" have any nice "Yellow" frags to trade ? (LOL LOL LOL)

Dave B
The Fat Jewish Fragger

dadevil23335
07/01/2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by turtlespd
Man,.....Have you see a mass of white folks...and have you seen a mass of Asians.??? All the white dudes ahve beer bellys and all the asians are hella noisy..making fork and spoon noises not to mention they look like a mob of midgits trying to look tuff , even with the yellow streaks...:D

Hey, what's wrong with the yellow streaks?

dadevil23335
07/02/2003, 12:09 AM

Just out of racial curiosity how come none of the "Pacific Rim Natives" have any nice "Yellow" frags to trade ? (LOL LOL LOL)

Dave B
The Fat Jewish Fragger

Hey I got a nice yellow frag:mad2:

...but I got that from you also. It's doing really well by the way. I'll shoot some pics soon, still letting things settle down after I re-did the rockscaping this past weekend. Do you have any white frags?:D

sberman
07/02/2003, 12:16 AM
you guys are getting out of control hey even the white boys all look the same to me

Wilafur
07/02/2003, 12:19 AM
lyndel, i got you down for another frag.

cesar, i'd like a frag of the yellow w/ purple polyp monti. just a small one will do.

jim, i have 2 colonies of the milli. happened a year ago when i was cleaning the tank......snap! .....broke off about 1/2 the coral. now they are at opposite sides of the tank growing very well. frag one colony for one swap, frag the other colony for another swap. :) my tank isn't set up. i am selling my 60g cube to a friend and starting from scratch. all my corals are coming from my 100g i sold earlier this year to a friend........to which i have been granted full fragging rights. :)

Wilbur

sberman
07/02/2003, 12:37 AM
need any purple digi or tan with green poloyps

how about a green hydnophora(spelling?)

orange monti caps

sberman
07/02/2003, 12:43 AM
this is number 5oo post now what happens

how do u put a differen saying above the avatar

sberman
07/02/2003, 12:51 AM
how to do it and change my pic to pierce that is the tort from you

thanks

Jimbo327
07/02/2003, 01:30 AM
jimmy, the clam is doing pretty good, I found a couple aiptasias on the shell...so I'm trying to get rid of it. You can get a good deal for a ranco controller at diyreef.com, I actually shelled out $100 for the dual stage to control my heater and cooling fan. It's been working pretty good for me. I'm still too broke to buy a chiller though, but it's getting hella hot in the valley! Why can't I live on the beach and enjoy cool weather??? :mad:

Did you guys see the shark at the Will Rogers Beach on the news? DAMN! If the water wasn't like 50 degrees last weekend at the beach I went to, I would have actually got in the water. There were a bunch of crazy mexicans and europeans that jumped right in the water like it was tropical waters...

wilbur, get that tank up man!

Jim

cali_reef
07/02/2003, 01:56 AM
Scott,

Nice Tort.

I have orange Monti Cap and green hydnophora if you want some.

Here is a picture of the Hydnophora

http://www.amazingreef.com/Misc/Hydnophora.JPG