PDA

View Full Version : zoos changing color, is this normal?

rylin
05/13/2003, 10:00 AM
ive had alot of zoos,but ive never studied very much about them or anything.. i have a softball size rock that was worm rock but zoanthids grew all over it so now its zoo rock i guess- and the zoos were like this dark metallic green, like a pea green with some white in the centers but not alot of white.. anyway i had the zoos at least a year.. and now a week ago.. the zoos turned lime green like over night.. i dont know if theres something wrong with them or what.. the only thing i can think of is that i did a water change that was very much needed and the next day is when they changed color.. but i also got a new PC the same day i did the water change. i was thinking maybe because the light was brighter it bleached there color or something? but i only replaced 1 bulb.. thats not alot, and they have been in alot brighter light than that in the past. anyway, can anyone tell me if this is normal? theyre a very pretty pale lime green now... if i wasnt worried id be happy with the new color hehe

chrisaggie
05/14/2003, 07:36 AM
I would worry about them. It is normal for zoos to change clors under different lighting and water conditions.