PDA

View Full Version : MACO Acrylic Skimmer Class...Anybody taking this?

Andrew-R-Fidler
05/09/2003, 03:42 PM
I'm registered for the MACO Acrylic Fabrication class on building beckett-style skimmers. Starts May 18th for 5 weeks. Anybody in the area considering taking this?

http://www.reefs.org/maco/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostWrap&file=index&page=/maco/fergy/public.html

kellypark
05/09/2003, 05:03 PM
Sounds very interesting.
I just went to site and read some informaion.
I think I will join..

Has anyone tried this site?
It would be great for beginners, if it is like what they advertised.

Andrew-R-Fidler
05/09/2003, 10:30 PM
This is my first class...there were MACO/reefs.org representatives at IMAC this past weekend and they were the ones who enlightened me to the up coming class.

I don't know how many people the class is limited to, but I do know that the registration is supposed to end 3 wks before the start of the class (so should have been last week...but i was able to sign up).

I was planning on building a beckett regardless...so I feel this is just a chance to hone my project to look REALLY nice, and work the first time!

alpine
05/10/2003, 02:50 AM
drew just build the thing and get it over with:hammer: .Always finding a way to make things more complicated then they are.Well so do I ha.Ok time to quit ragging you.By the way the xenia look ok and actually opened up soon after I put them in the tank.Just hope they make it.Hey what kind of water flow do these guys like.I never really paid attention to the flow in the 55 they were in.I moved them 6 times already and think I need to move them again as they seem to be getting to much flow.Think I will just call you tomorrow instead of typeing anymore.TTYL

Jorge