PDA

View Full Version : Need pics of sump setups

pyro383
05/09/2003, 11:56 AM
Finally I am getting to start my sump this weekend. I have a lifereef like overflow box that handles up to 700gph so I am told. I am still unsure if I will use pvc or flex tubing down to the sump. Any recommendations? I will also do the stockman mod.

I have to hunt down the sump container, either a glass tank or a rubbermaid container that measures 24x12x12. min 15g.

In it I will have a skimmer (seaclone), heater, rock and return pump (rio hyper 1300gph). If I can squeeze a small 5g refugium on top of it I will and have a small maxijet 404 pump up and have a bulkhead drain down.

Up from the return I plan on running pvc/flex to my squid which will be in the middle and then 15" left and 15" right of center will be the return ball socket nozzles with a small hole below water level to break sphyon. All in all I will have 11ft of head and the return will be 650 or less gph.

So the questions are in short: pvc or flex down and up and glass or rubbermaid. How to I support the line down from the overflow. Should I use a filter sock or do a baffle that has a filter block ( I need it to be quiet)

The tank is a 45g tall and pics will help me along