PDA

View Full Version : Is this Ricordea bleached out?

Easily Distracted
05/09/2003, 09:49 AM
I'm curious to see what happens over the next few weeks. I just brought home a baby ricordea that is bright white with a bright orange mouth. My question is, can the mushroom be bleached out and still have a bright orange mouth? It looks healthy, just tiny. It's about .5 inch across. It looks like a normal mature one, just minature. What do you guys think?

Azurel
05/09/2003, 03:39 PM
Got any pic? Prolly a little bleached out will come back with bright light and a few feedings.

Easily Distracted
05/09/2003, 03:48 PM
No pics yet. I'll try to do a before and after if that's the case. Anyone else had an experience with a bleached ricordia? Is ther such a thing as a white ricordia?

Jovanam
05/09/2003, 04:12 PM
I dont think there is such thing as white ricordia. my boyfriend who owns a store has gotten many white ricordia before with either green or orange mouths, they usualy get their color within 2 weeks. its kinda exciting to see what color they turn.

Easily Distracted
05/09/2003, 04:29 PM
Cool. Thanks.

...Stoked!
05/09/2003, 11:19 PM
I have 3 white ricordia. They are YUMAs. They are all very small and havent grown in the month or so that ive had them... They are very small, mostly white, with little orange ring around the mouth and alittle yellow around the outer edge. Very odd.

Easily Distracted
05/09/2003, 11:39 PM
That sounds just like these. I'm keeping an eye out for any other colors. I could swear there is a hint of yellow around the edge sometimes when I look at it.

...Stoked!
05/09/2003, 11:47 PM
Where/Whod you get yours from? When i first got em they were larger, but have since shrunken up....im clueless...all the FLA ricordea ive gotten have gone nuts, but these ....i dunno man

tyler
05/10/2003, 02:22 PM
when i got mine, it was 100% white, now it's taken on a light blue green.

Easily Distracted
05/10/2003, 07:36 PM
stoked - I got mine from a LFS. Their history is a mystery.

tyler - How long have you had them in your tank?

I just tried taking a picture, but because of the location I can't get it in focus. Also, I think the bright white is throwing the camera off. Sorry.
:rolleyes:

...Stoked!
05/10/2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Easily Distracted
stoked - I got mine from a LFS. Their history is a mystery.

You're a poet and dont even know it.
Weird, well hopefully they will color up.