PDA

View Full Version : Red Yuma Meltdowns

TEW
05/08/2003, 01:23 PM
Anyone have experiences with Red or Pink Yuma Ricordeas melting or sliming up for no appearent reason? I keep them in a tank with numerous Florida ricordeas and they'll be fine for a month or so and within hours just melt away. Once it starts, there's no stopping it. Have tried cutting of the "infected" part, have even tried doing dips (iodine, kent coral dip, freshwater dips).
Anyone have a suggestion? Lighting is 152 watts over a 20 gallon long.
TIA
Tom

Jimbo327
05/08/2003, 03:42 PM
Can you describe what exactly happens? I mean, did the red yuma get stung, and if not, how was it damaged? What is the parameters of your tank (temp/salinity/flow/ammonia-nitrite-nitrate-phosphate levels)?

I share your pain, I've had a newly purchased purple tonga mushroom melt within 3 hours of after I slow acclimated and placed it in my tank. It was perfectly healthy, so I think some mushrooms are more sensitive to damage or changes. Too bad this phenomenon never happens to my green mushrooms.

This is very strange to me as well. I thought the melting would stop, but my tonga mushroom just completely melted away into...nothing. Poof!

Jim