PDA

View Full Version : Another group buy

jledwards
05/08/2003, 01:48 AM
Hello every one

Anyone want to group up on a buy from etropical? I want a fighting conch if anyone wants in let me know. I am open to other places just as long as I can get a conch form them. I will be ordering in about 2 or 3 weeks thought I would give a little notice on this so everyone can save up some cash.

justin

dela
05/08/2003, 10:22 AM
I'm interested.

Let's see who else sells aquacultured fighting conches. I really want to get some mini brittle stars and snails that will breed in the tank.

Josh125
05/08/2003, 12:06 PM
I'm always up for getting some sand bed critters.

wonderboy23
05/08/2003, 01:04 PM
count me in. I need some stars.

dela
05/08/2003, 02:25 PM
Justin and I were PMing and thinking that Inland Aquatics might be an option. What do you guys think? They also have actual terebellid (spaghetti worms) which I would like to get.

If anyone needs any hair worms, I have... hudreds.. Don't buy any.. those would be the "orange" ones on their site.

jledwards
05/08/2003, 02:59 PM
Ya I think we are using inland. Also I have a sally light footed crab for free if anyone wants it I just have to get him out just to let you know he almost had my blenny the other day that is why he must go.

Also I might have these for sale to

2 peppermint shrimp
1 coral banded shrimp
10 blue legged hermit crabs
15 astrea snails

I want to get my little critter population up and I think that they are my problem. And I am selling my snails because I got way too many of them.

Jibbelle
05/08/2003, 03:32 PM
I was at Reef Systems in St. Charles yesterday and noticed they had fighting conchs. Not sure if you are interested....but they had a bunchl.

griss
05/08/2003, 03:42 PM
Justin,

Both Saltwater City and Clayton Pet Emporium usually carry Fighting Conches as well. Last time I was at SWC the conches were only $6 each.

Mark,

What kind of snails are you looking for? If you need some Strombus Grazers, let me know as I have quite a few of them.

George

jledwards
05/08/2003, 03:44 PM
thanks Jibbelle

but I am going to get a few critters from inland also

big red
05/08/2003, 04:49 PM
dela,
I have some snails I can give you that reproduce in my tank. They are very small and mostly nocturnal. Not sure of the species but Griss might be able to help me here since I have given him a few.

jledwards,
I would be interested in the sally lightfoot. I could trade a some mushrooms if you are interested. If you still have some of the items you listed when the Frag Trade comes around at the end of the month, be sure to bring them ... I'm sure you will have a buyer there.

The SEASL group visited IA a few months ago and it was a treat. If you have the time, you may want to make a day of it and drive there for the items you need rather than ordering by mail. You could even call ahead and see if they will have time to give you a tour (impressive).

Thanks
Scott

dela
05/08/2003, 05:08 PM
George to the rescue! :D

I specifically pointed those out to Justin in a PM as exactly the kind of thing I wanted to get. And don't know why inland does not sell them since they aquaculture stuff. Maybe there is an agreement between them and IPSF??? :eek1:

So yes, I would like some if you don't mind. And did you guys ever figure out what Scott's snails are? They also reproduce in aquariums. I was going to try and get some from him if they were DSB safe.

If you want to get something this time around, I could always drop stuff off at your place or something. It's the least I could do.

Scott, you snuck that one in! ;) How long is the drive?

dela
05/08/2003, 05:34 PM
Well regardless of a trip or order, I can share the following items from my tanks... No need for people to buy this stuff.

snail caps, orange spaghetti worms, bristle worms, and gammarus shrimp.. As well as some "green flora".

beefcake
05/08/2003, 11:15 PM
Jibbelle: I bought my fighting conch from reef systems. It is a big sucker and so are the rest of em. I think I'm going to take him back since fighting conch's are pretty much worthless. Queen conchs are far better cleaners way more active and funner to watch since the fighting variety only bury themselves and don't do anything for weeks on end. :mad:

dela
05/09/2003, 08:19 AM
beefcake,

Maybe you got a broken one? :D Fighting conches only reach like 2" long, so maybe they are selling something different depending on what you mean by huge. I know queens get much bigger.

I used to have a ball watching my fighting conches lurch around the tank. Maybe yours were starved? Or maybe there was too much food and they didn't have to move to get at it? Could have been anything, but fwiw healthy fighting conches are usually pretty busy.

griss
05/09/2003, 08:29 AM
Mark, yeah you can have some Strombus, how about a trade for some spaghetti worms;)

I still have not been able to ID Scott's snails. The look like Sundials, but do not get as large. They are also NOT predatory, but are herbivores.

Beefcake, I have heard there are a lot of stores selling another mullosk are Fighting Conches. I have had really good luck with Fighting Conches, so I am wondering if you might have gotten something else????

George

dela
05/09/2003, 08:55 AM
You got it. ;)

jledwards
05/09/2003, 02:47 PM
I just called and talked to mike for inland very nice person. He told me that he would give as much as a discount as possible, the more we order the cheaper it will be obviously. they cant do anything with the starter kits they are as cheap as they can make them already.

So once you know what you want let me know.

beefcake
05/09/2003, 10:48 PM
Dela: Fighting conch's can get 3 inches and mine is pretty much at max adult size now. Fighting conch's are notorious for burying themselves in the sand for days or even weeks on end. You may be right though, he probably has plenty to eat right where he is. Darn cyanobacteria. :(

dela
05/10/2003, 03:57 PM
There has to be a good reason for them to be burying themselves like that. Maybe they are digesting?.. or clearing the sand out of their systems!? :D

The only problem I had with mine was that they would wander around and get themselves trapped in a spot they could not get out from.

philreddog
05/10/2003, 04:09 PM
has anyone got there turbos to breed? I think that i am in need of some more snails and wish that mine would do something?!

Jibbelle
05/10/2003, 05:37 PM
The only snails we have had breed are the stombus grazers....and they are multplying exponentially! We had tons of little guys. I am anxious to see how many actually get full size.

We got our first fighting conch last night....so far so good. I am soooo glad he is hungry.

philreddog
05/10/2003, 07:31 PM
I really like my 2 queen conch. They really get around, and are fun to watch. There shells are much more attrative then those of most common snails, and they dont really take a brake from eating like my other snails.

VanderWaal
05/10/2003, 07:52 PM
dela Well regardless of a trip or order, I can share the following items from my tanks... No need for people to buy this stuff.
snail caps, orange spaghetti worms, bristle worms, and gammarus shrimp.. As well as some "green flora".

Hi;
I'm new to this saltwater hobby, so I have little to share, but I'm willing to trade cash for cap snails, stombus grazers, mini-brittle stars, spaghetti worms and mysid shrimp or other sand bed creatures.

If anyone is interested and everything goes well, I may have Southdown sand next weekend to trade for the above items. I also have bristle worms, gammarus shrimp and green stuff (two types of common macroalgea) if anyone is intersted.

Bob