PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the LA region interested in a group buy from LiveAquaria?

YellowG555
05/07/2003, 07:42 PM
Whoever is, email me at yellowg555@yahoo.com!

Free shipping is available on orders over $175.

Thanks!

SurferStevo
05/07/2003, 09:48 PM
I see they have lettuce nudibranches & angler fish. I'd like some of those guys.
I'm interested. What did you plan to order? Have you tried their corals out before? Last time I ordered corals from them I got so many substitutions (3rd & 4th choices). The only thing I was happy with was the Ebo-jager heater!
But they were Petwarehouse at that time so maybe they've changed?

YellowG555
05/07/2003, 10:35 PM
I'm interested in getting some fish. Maybe sometime next week at the earliest.

SurferStevo
05/07/2003, 11:24 PM
Do they do mixed orders? They probably do? Let me know because I'm looking for some lettuce nudibranches & nobody local seems to stock them. Maybe Tong's in F.V. if you catch them on the right day!

C_Kritter
05/08/2003, 07:30 PM
why would you want to order from someone all the way in wisconsin? so cal wholesalers carry more livestock than any other place. just hook up with someone:D that has a access and can get them for you for a much less price. most LFSs do not carry nudis as they don't have much demand. however, i always see them in the wholesalers.

Old Yeller Tang
05/08/2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by C_Kritter
why would you want to order from someone all the way in wisconsin? so cal wholesalers carry more livestock than any other place. just hook up with someone:D that has a access and can get them for you for a much less price. most LFSs do not carry nudis as they don't have much demand. however, i always see them in the wholesalers.

So true! When I was at Indorica last month, they had 100's of lettuce nudi's.

YellowG555
05/09/2003, 12:07 AM
I need to open up my own "business" lol! I'd love to be able to go to the wholesalers and buy what I need at low pricing!

SurferStevo
05/09/2003, 01:18 AM
So true! When I was at Indorica last month, they had 100's of lettuce nudi's.
Where?

moonpod
05/09/2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by YellowG555
I need to open up my own "business" lol! I'd love to be able to go to the wholesalers and buy what I need at low pricing!
If you're willing to make the drive, victor's reef collection (name?) in huntington beach and tran's fish in fullerton have pricing on livestock that's essentially at wholesale levels. Otherwise, go to the local meetings and cultivate "contacts".....there are ways to get into the wholesalers......

Indorica is a store in inglewood--I think it's a wholesaler that's occasionally or maybe even regularly open to the public or something. Has good prices anyways. search RC for the directions and location.

YellowG555
05/09/2003, 01:53 PM
I've been to Tran's, but not Victor's yet. Tran doesn't have a lot of fish and I want to get some neon gobies that no one seems to have.

Old Yeller Tang
05/09/2003, 02:39 PM
Gary,

You going to MASLAC tonight? I had Victor put you on his emailing list. The best time to go to his shop is right after one of his big shipments.

Roland

YellowG555
05/09/2003, 04:23 PM
I might be going tonight, but I'm not sure yet...I haven't gotten any email from Victor regarding his fish shipments. I even called them on Wednesday to add my email, but I guess the lady there didn't put me on it or something.

I also called Victor yesterday asking about neon gobies and he said he didn't have any. No one seems to have any.

SurferStevo
05/10/2003, 12:10 AM
Victor, just got some fish in last night. But I did not see any neon gobies. I can't remeber all that he got in because I was staring at the angler - I ended up buying him. Maybe he can order you one?

Project Reef
05/10/2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by moonpod

Indorica is a store in inglewood--I think it's a wholesaler that's occasionally or maybe even regularly open to the public or something. Has good prices anyways. search RC for the directions and location.

Sorry guys, Indorica doesn't exist any longer.

Victor bought them off and now owns Indorica aka Reef Colletion #2! Pretty crazy, sounds good though. He called me a while ago and told me the new plans, it seriously sounds good and most likely is going to cause even better prices and healthier live stock. He's had some problems with his coral shipments and tells me that having this new facility will make things a LOT better since he won't have to jam pack a huge shipment of corals in a just a few tanks. We'll see how it goes though, hopefully everything is going to go smoothly.

P.S. It's still going to be as a 'wholesale' open-to-the-public type operation, so no worries.

dattack
05/10/2003, 11:48 PM
Wow. That's some crazy news Ali.

Old Yeller Tang
05/11/2003, 12:31 AM
I can't believe Ira and Bliss would sell! What the hell are they going to do now!LOL

Project Reef
05/11/2003, 12:38 AM
I wonder what's going to happen to Tony?

Old Yeller Tang
05/11/2003, 12:45 AM
I think I already know! Aaron been trying to reach him and his phone has been disconnected! Victor better not hire him on!lol

SurferStevo
05/11/2003, 01:20 AM
Here's a photo of my new angler! And I seem to be missing a damsel....oh darn. ;) He's in the Qtank right now.

eight2178
05/13/2003, 01:56 AM
when did indorica close? i was just there last month...

nelson
05/14/2003, 05:44 PM
you guy's want some neon gobies and can't find it ,
maybe i can help. i have contact from carribean actually
i might have some coming in next week from carrib.
but mostly scarlet hermit, maybe i can order some next time.

C_Kritter
05/14/2003, 06:55 PM
hey nelson, are you an LFS owner or work in one? sounds like it from previous post. just wondering...

leykis1o1
05/14/2003, 07:02 PM
seacrop.com is outa Port Hueneme CA..they seam to be the cheapest around and he says since i live in Ventura and that i can just go down to Port Hueneme and pick up my order with no box charge and no shipping cost!! what a deal!!

mcsock
05/15/2003, 05:38 PM
leykis1o1
I picked at the gate last Friday from Mary at SeaCrop. For people living close to the port it is great. Cant beat the price and with no shipping costs even better and everything I got the quality was great. Most likely I will give SeaCrop all of my livestock business.

Old Yeller Tang
05/15/2003, 06:37 PM
Looks like Ira is going to back our of the deal and continue to run Indorica!:(

nelson
05/15/2003, 10:58 PM
c_kritter, i wish but i'm not i just deal with service...

C_Kritter
05/16/2003, 10:24 AM
hey nelson, i thought i just found another place to visit :) .