PDA

View Full Version : Book

RonN
05/07/2003, 07:00 PM
Anthony,

Where is my book I ordered? I heard that you guys were running a little behind due to it being larger than expected.

Just kidding, I know the wait will be worth it. :)

Ron

Anthony Calfo
05/07/2003, 07:07 PM
Cheers Ron :)

Ahhh... so many jokes about the "larger than expected" comment and none of them suitable for print. Ha!

Well... maybe one: "If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that... [insert your own joke HERE]"

Heehee...

Yes, Bob and I added almost one hundred pages to the book late (now about 400pp) just to keep our editors lives interesting.

My apologies for missing you on the e-mail update in March.

It looks like we are still close to the original prediction for the delay... hopes for late May, will be surprised if its much later than early June.

I'm as eager to see it in print as you are, my friend! :)

The proofs were magnificent! Hats off to the editors (Zo and Christina Gonzalez)! I think you will agree once you see it :)

Kindly,

Anthony

RonN
05/07/2003, 08:25 PM
"larger than expected"

Yes I have a few that I could relate too :)

Kept bugging Barry at Clams Direct, that is where I saw the link for the book. He said that you guys were working almost day and night trying to meet a dead line.

Don't forget to sign mine. :)

Ron

SharonFay
05/07/2003, 08:41 PM
I want mine signed as well. I was told you would. :) Also ordered it after seeing the link on clams direct.

Sharon

Anthony Calfo
05/07/2003, 09:26 PM
Bob and I will be signing all pre-ordered books, rest assured :)

Whew... big pile of books... cramped hand and empty keg of beer at the end of that day :p

With kind regards,

Anthony

Roadie
06/07/2003, 10:27 AM
As usual I'm coming in late on this. :D

I read that the book is possibly coming out 6/13 (Friday the 13th - how cool is that).

Anthony, is it too late to order a book and have Bob and yourself sign it?

Anthony Calfo
06/07/2003, 02:56 PM
Cheers, Roadie :)

No worries... pleanty of time. The signed books will be no trouble.

They actually won't have the books (to be signed) trucked to Cali until the last week of June. Only unsigned books can be mailed before then.

I'm not sure if they lifted the pre-order sale price yet though? Was supposed to be halted May 31rst but I saw it lingering days ago. $32 incl freight versus list of $ 43 plus freight.

Take a peek at wetwebmedia.com to see

And thanks kindly!

Anthony

Roadie
06/08/2003, 07:04 PM
Anthony - Thanks for the reply.

The site let me order it for the lower price and gave me an order number so I guess I got a deal!
Looking forward to its receipt and perusal.

If no one else has ordered this yet at the discounted price better jump on it quick. ;)

RonN
06/11/2003, 05:10 PM
Heard that maybe you are now working on another book. Hope that is correct. :)

Tell me , tell me

Ron

Anthony Calfo
06/11/2003, 06:43 PM
'Tis true :D

Actually have a few pokers in the fire:

BOCP2 is better than half finished, yet Bob and I have taken a detour with this NMA series. Volume one as you know is Reef Invertebrates. Volume 2 is the fishes amd Volume 3 will cover the Cnidarians (corals, jellies, anemones, etc). Each volume 400 pages. We hope to have volume 2 done soon.

Its great working with Bob (Fenner)... we truly do blend well.

I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback on Reef Invertebrates soon :)

Kindly,

Anthony

RonN
06/23/2003, 08:42 PM
The book should be here soon I would guess :) Hope so.

:D

Ron

Anthony Calfo
06/23/2003, 08:56 PM
Uncanny timing my friend... the new "Reef Invertebrates" book is finally HERE!!!!!!

Good heaven's I am so happy to finally see it in print :D

I have the first shipment here in PA... have begun filling orders for unsigned copies (or can sign my name for those that care :p )

For the folks that pre-ordered... I'm meeting Bob in Cali this weekend 28th, 29th... we'll sign all those and post the week of the 30th.

If I may say so... it looks beautiful... most credit to Bob's gorgeous image work and our editor's artistic layout!

I am but a lowly writer... Ha!

My most sincere and kind thanks to you Ron and all that supported us with interest and pre-orders.

Best regards!

Anthony