PDA

View Full Version : Fellow RC'rs...lend me your support

FishBait
03/22/2001, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, trouble in FB town :( I just added approximately 60lbs of rock to my tank on Mon. It had cured at my lfs for 5 weeks and I only had a 5 min trip home so I figured there would be no problem w/adding it all at one shot. Well then Tues. morning I checked the water b4 I left for work, and everything was looking good, so I was happy. I tested it again after I got home, still all params in good shape. Then Wed. morning I look and my fish are covered in spots :eek: and of course now I am not happy! I immediately check the water and still things are excellent. Then I realized, I had treated a clown at the lfs for Amlyoodinium/Brooklynella and I'm assuming the parasite was transported to my tank. I figured my fish would have been non-stressed and thus not a target for this, but it appears I was wrong. So today I find my fish are really bad, and it looks as tho the tangs's skin is showing the signs of bacterial infections. So now I am doing a water change as I type, have some Melafix to add to the water, and just got a new bulb for my UV. I suppose I should shut down the skimmer while dosing the Melafix? It may come down to me moving out all of the rock, treating the tank, and fw dipping my fish, cuz so far the heavy feeding w/Selcon + Garlic is not doing much. I need all the help I can get at this point (and some added prayers would go a long way ;)) Is there anything any of u can suggest for me to try, I am desparate not to lose these guys and will do whatever it takes. Thanx!!

FishBait
03/22/2001, 08:49 PM
AHHH CRAP!!!!! The UV don't work!! :mad:

FishBait
03/22/2001, 09:31 PM
Ok, just got another UV and added some Greenx. This is BAD!! My poor tangs are soo polluted w/the stuff, I'm literally in tears right now...I don't know what I can do.

Carlos
03/22/2001, 09:37 PM
FB, all I can suggest at this time is going to the LFS and actually purchasing water from their salt water tanks. Just enough water to put your fish in there and keep them safe. Enough water to last you for a couple of days while you age some new salt water.

Literally, I think that is the best way to deal with this. Even if you remove the rock, the water will still be a bit polluted.

I am so sorry to hear about this and it is something that one cannot prepare for. I really wish you the best man.

Please keep us posted.

Carlos

FishBait
03/22/2001, 09:48 PM
Hey Los thanx for the advice. I actually work for the lfs, snuck in after closing to get that second uv (store use so it's cool) I would do that but I have nothing to keep them in, and I only have one salt tank at work and I can't bring em there :( Soo frustrating!!

Q-ball
03/22/2001, 09:59 PM
Moved to this forum per FB's request...

Q!!!

billsreef
03/23/2001, 10:06 AM
Hey FB,
rubbermaid storage tubs make great holding vats/Q tanks. You can't see through the sides but so what, their cheap and readily available. The most sure fire way of curing those fish is to seperate them from the reef tank and medicate them in a Q set up.

Good luck