PDA

View Full Version : Where to get chaetomorpha...

boobookitty
05/06/2003, 04:07 PM
Someone mentioned I might be able to get some help here...

Where can I get chaetomorpha in the Los Angeles area? I have a phosphate problem in a reef tank, and I'd like to get a "wad" of chaetomorpha to grow in the main tank while I ponder a full-fledged refugium. Are there any LFS in the Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley area that sell it?

Konadog
05/06/2003, 04:14 PM
Just show up to the MASLAC meeting this Friday, its frag swap Friday!. I'm sure that someone will have "wads of it" there. If not, I can usually spare a good handful. I'm not sure that I can make it Friday or I would just bring some.

Eric Boerner
05/06/2003, 05:30 PM
I usually have a ton and a half. Unfortunately, I can't go to this frag swap. :(

look up David P. He should have a good amount.

s13silvia
05/07/2003, 12:44 PM
i'm out in the san fernando valley!!! i'll gladly give u a huge wad of chaeto. ;)

boobookitty
05/07/2003, 04:59 PM
That would be great...:) Where in the Valley are you? I work in Glendale, and live in Woodland Hills...I can come to wherever you are to pick some up, maybe in the next day or two?

Thanks for the response...

bbk

s13silvia
05/07/2003, 05:47 PM
o ok thats perfect...i'm in west hills off sherman way and fallbrook

boobookitty
05/07/2003, 05:51 PM
ygpm...:)

o2manyfish
05/08/2003, 11:50 AM
Boo Boo,

If you need a bigger wad of Chaeto let me know. I just pulled out about a 5 gal tank worth from my refugium.

I am in Encino, so I am on your route as well.

Dave B
Dave@TheBotwins.com

s13silvia
05/08/2003, 12:16 PM
5 gal tank worth? :eek2: geez thats a rather large wad.... you must have thousands of pods living in that wad

o2manyfish
05/08/2003, 12:31 PM
My Big refugium is 22g. And I can fill it with Chaeto in about a week starting with a Honeydew sized clump.

I also have a smaller refugium lit by sunlight. When we have constant clear skies it will double it's Chaeto about every 3 days.

As for counting the pods.... If they don't count on me, I won't count on them :)

Dave B

boobookitty
05/08/2003, 12:34 PM
I'm thinking of adding a refugium, but I have serious space issues. I've been looking at a CPR hang-on version, probably 4x12x12...do you think that's "enough" for a 75g? I mostly want it to grow the chaetomorph and other phosphate-sucking macros, although pods and plankton would be welcome. In the meantime, I'm planning to stick the chaetomorph in a back corner of the tank and letting it grow.

bbk

David P
05/20/2003, 05:43 PM
something is better than nothing. Can you use a section of your sump? If Nam and Dave can get you any, I would be willing to give some to you also. As far as heavy metal exports, try growing xenia.