PDA

View Full Version : Propagation Workshop

Steven Pro
05/06/2003, 05:24 AM
What would you guys like to see us cut and mount? Are there any particular methods you would like to see done first hand?

Python73
05/07/2003, 12:33 AM
Sad how few of the club members post here. I'll remind you to remind everyone at the meeting. Anyway...

I will be bringing a GSP and briarium colonies. I've never had any luck using super glue, so we can take some cuttings from these colonies and mount them with glue.

I'm bringing the following:

- a leather
- several different shrooms
- xenia (elongata and pom-pom)
- a zoo rock or two

And anything else I want to cut up. Hope to see some cool corals smashed into bits!

S !

musicsmaker
05/11/2003, 08:34 PM
When is the workshop going to be?

Steven Pro
05/12/2003, 06:46 AM
Saturday May 31st beginning at 6:00PM at the Palace Inn in Monroeville.

Steven Pro
05/12/2003, 06:51 AM
We are going to try to have on hand a branching SPS, plating SPS, Xenia, Sarcophyton, and Sinularia. This should cover most of the basic propagation tools as well as various attachment methods. I am also going to bring something a little difficult/difficult. I will likely bring in my Favia to cut a few pieces off of.

musicsmaker
05/21/2003, 10:53 PM
How many leathers do you already have? I could bring in a finger leather.

holeinone1972
05/22/2003, 01:58 PM
Well guys you better get advertising now!! Get alot of people from outta town or something to come and buy up these frags.

Chuck (TOTLXTC) from up north, contacted me to get a couple more corals that he would pay for for the event. I got a torch, (not opened up yet) an a huge, and I mean HUGE RED Lobopyhllia that he is donating to the club. The red lobo must be 18 inches across. It looks great. I had to put in in my 150 gallon sump because I had no where to put it. LOL

So it looks as though we are going to have a lot of fragging going on. Make sure everyone shows up, anyone you can think of.

I will try to get a pic of the lobo ready. I just wander how many cutoff wheels we will go thru on this big boy.

Thanks Chuck, you are the man!!!!!!!

Rob
ECC

Python73
05/22/2003, 04:46 PM
I have tons of cutting wheels, and a diamond one I'm wanting to try. There'll be no shortage.

S !

Totlxtc
05/22/2003, 05:00 PM
No, thank you Rob! :cool:

Bill King
05/24/2003, 05:21 PM
Hi guys,
No livestock to offer, but I can supply enough "deli cups" for everyone to take their frags home, & enough $$ for plenty of raffle tickets.
Bill

holeinone1972
05/28/2003, 12:12 PM
Make sure you bring a little water also. If we are going to have a lot to frag we will probably need some saltwater.

Here is a pic of the lobo that Chuck has donated to us.

http://www.eastcoastclams.com/database-images/cart-images/lobo.jpg

Adam
05/29/2003, 03:23 PM
Hi all,

We have the following corals to frag:

Plating Montipora
Branching Acro
Sarcophyton
Lobophytum
Xenia
Calaustrea

Also thanks to the guys that have posted here:

Lobophyllia
Shrooms
xenia
euphyllia

I will be bringing a bucket of "clean" saltwater to pack the frags in as well as some disposable plastic trays to work on. We really need people to bring fragging (not frigging) tools!!! In the interest of time, we really need people working on each type of coral simultaneously.

Adam

holeinone1972
05/31/2003, 10:03 PM
Thanks to all who donated, frags, colonies, water, supplies and of course money to the club!

I hope all who went enjoyed, and learned something new.

I hope all the corals everyone received do good in their tanks.

Anythony, is was nice hearing you ramble, I mean preach, I mean share your knowledge. Seriously Thanks, I learned something usefull tonight.

Rob
ECC

Totlxtc
05/31/2003, 10:15 PM
Yes, it was a great meeting and i learned alot from Anthony. Plus came away with 3 nice frags and "still" a big old Lobophyllia. :D

Side note: Rob, what was the name of the little coral Anthony plucked off the Lobophyllia? I can remember now that i'm home, Thanks!

holeinone1972
05/31/2003, 10:55 PM
Stylaster....ie Fire Coral.