PDA

View Full Version : cobweb = S.O.S. ??

ladymagicka
05/04/2003, 07:11 PM
Should i be concerned,, just noticed a few pretty decent size cobwebs covering parts of my one piece of liverock, i feel like this is a bad thing? what should i do? thanks

ladymagicka
05/04/2003, 07:17 PM
well, i just read Dr. Rons and a couple other searches on it, i guess it's ok.. it just doesn't look right..... I would say it started quickly and is now covering almost 1/2 of the rock

minh_han
05/04/2003, 07:36 PM
It's likely ok. Just give it a bit of time.

Mickey
05/05/2003, 08:38 PM
Can you describe it more? Is it cobwebs or more like a covering on the rock? How long has the rock been in the tankand how old is the tank? Could it still be cycling?

I've never seen cobwebs but some critters will put out mucus nets, but they don't last long. If you see this web all the time it might be something else.

Mickey

tstone
05/05/2003, 09:46 PM
Got any pics?
Could be a type of sponge? Or a type of worm.

ladymagicka
05/06/2003, 12:47 AM
tank is definately still cycling, rock has been in only 4 days, tank has been full...maybe a few weeks... i'll try to get pics to post, see if i can find a friend with a digital camera....its a thicker white covering... almost like a very sheer piece of material, with the water current it ripples... but it's growing covering more and more of the rock... the rock was only partially cured (the only thing in tank) Thanks..