PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have live rock for sale in or near Stamford?

Tom Berry
05/04/2003, 08:23 AM
I will be in Stamford on Tuesday the 20th or thereabouts. I am looking for a deal on 100 lbs or so of nice rock.

Tom Berry:fish2:

ez1ez
05/04/2003, 09:01 AM
Check out www.justphish.com Make an appointment with him and you won't be sorry. premium rock for under $6.00 Good Luck.

bdr127
05/04/2003, 10:16 AM
I was just at Reef and Fin on Friday.... They have a bunch of rock that they got in on Wednesday.... It doesn't really have any coralline on it, if that is what you are looking for. Just thought I'd let you know, because they are the best LFS in Stamford.... Let me know if you need directions.

--Brad

bdr127
05/04/2003, 10:21 AM
I should have mentioned that it is Fiji rock..... They have two big (100g+?) tanks full....

Tom Berry
05/04/2003, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys,

I was actually trying to find an individual aquarist who might have some they wanted to sell off for whatever reason. As I said, I am looking for a deal.

Tom Berry:fish2:

bdr127
05/04/2003, 12:09 PM
Yeah, you definitely won't find the best deal at an LFS... Keep poking around on RC -- maybe you'll find someone and get lucky. :)

Bravodelta
05/11/2003, 10:12 PM
Tom, I just might sell you most of my live rock. I have 100+ pounds in my tank. Maybe closer to 130. When I was setting up my 75, Reef and Fin had just moved to the new location so they had all the live rock from their show tanks in a big vat while they set up the new tanks. Chris gave me a killer deal on base and show rock. I couldn't tell the difference, and neither could they because they had mixed it all together ! The rock is encrusted with coraline and is a mostly Figi with some Tonga. You get the added bonus of the fact that I have several corals that are completely encrusted, and even if I frag them off, they will grow back over time. I also have two LTA that I can't get off of the rocks. My clowns are in heaven. I got to hand pick all my rock, and there are a few pieces that I want to save for the big tank. I know you were looking for around $2 a pound. I would have to let it go for closer to $3. There are no Mojanos, Aptasia, or algae on it. I was hopin gto keep it all for the new 180, but things are falling behind on getting it set up, and I don't want to hold you up any longer. I have decided to start the 180 from scratch and let it cycle, but the 200 pounds of new LR is going to kill me at $5.99 a pound. I have found temporary homes for my corals and polyps, and the fish are going back to Reef and Fin. Let me know. If not, if anyone else is intersted let me know. Tom is coming down to pick up the tank on May 20th, so it would have to be soon.

Bulldog