PDA

View Full Version : Florida vs. Yuma - growth rates

Zepplin
05/03/2003, 02:24 AM
Does anyone else observe that their Florida ricordias multiply much faster than their yumas? I frag several Floridas a month, but my yumas are much slower going. By the way is it ricorDEA or ricorDIA, I've seen it spelled both ways several different times lately.

-Meg

Azurel
05/03/2003, 09:19 AM
Yea I have noticed the Floridas are a little faster at reproduction then the Yumas. And tend to grow out a little faster 2, as far as spelling I thinks it's Ricordia...

Zepplin
05/03/2003, 03:41 PM
thanks azurel... I've got this one gigantic orange yuma that's still sitting on the small piece of frag rock I bought him on. He refuses to lacerate down/ up -anywhere. I know he's got little baby orangies underneath all that tissue- I can see it when he curls up at night. But he seems content to just sit there and get fatter- never even thinking about changing neighborhoods. I suppose I could frag him, but I really wanted him to lacerate this time. My green and pink yumas are doing the same thing. They seem to grow bigger, but aren't inclined to lacerate.

-Meg

Azurel
05/03/2003, 10:20 PM
Yea I have had a cluster of green Yumas for about 3 years now, and just this week one of them has finally pinched a new one off. In the last 2 weeks my Ricordias have gone nut's 3 have split and the green Yuma had pinched one off. Here is a pic of my new ones...

Zepplin
05/05/2003, 12:08 AM
Dude those are SWEET! Are they that pink in person? Where'd you get those little beauties?

-Meg :)

...Stoked!
05/05/2003, 12:41 AM
mmmmmmpink.
Whered you get those!>! Dayam!

Azurel
05/05/2003, 09:14 AM
They arn't that pink-pink in person, they have a little more purple or lavender in them then what the digicam picked up. They are pretty sweet though i do like them, just got them last week from justphish.com there is about 30-35 mushrooms total on the rock. Really good price too.....

Keith Sheridan
05/05/2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Zepplin
By the way is it ricorDEA or ricorDIA, I've seen it spelled both ways several different times lately.

It is Ricordea.

Palmetto
05/06/2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Zepplin
Does anyone else observe that their Florida ricordias multiply much faster than their yumas? I frag several Floridas a month, but my yumas are much slower going. By the way is it ricorDEA or ricorDIA, I've seen it spelled both ways several different times lately.

-Meg

The correct spelling is Ricordea. However, it is spelled the other way so often that I purchased Ricordia.com as well!

(and Ricordeas.com, and Ricordias.com just to be sure, hehe!)

As for the growth, they both grow like crazy. Yumas generally make more tiny babies faster, because they reproduce by pedal laceration. (moving the foot and leaving shreds that form babies)

However, R. Floridas grow multiple mouths and split into nearly grown specimens instead of starting tiny most of the time, so you may find that you get larger frags in less time.

HTH!

Darren Walker
www.Ricordea.com

Zepplin
05/13/2003, 05:09 AM
Thank you so much everyone! You especially Palmetto- that makes a lot of sense- I'm glad I learned something today.

Well, I'm going to start spelling it correctly now.

-Meg :)