PDA

View Full Version : When the lights go out....

Noon
05/01/2003, 02:16 AM
Got this plate coral earlier today, I think my clown likes it...This was in the dark, best i could do with no lights hehe. Need to clean the tank off, did a water change earlier ;( Clown is actually lying in the sand with his head on the coral. As soon as i put it in the tank he started investigating and poking his head in. After about 2 hours or so my wife came and said hey i think the clown is eating the new coral......hehe.

kevlouie
05/01/2003, 09:03 AM
Nice clown! They team up with the weirdest things sometimes. Had an ocellaris that would attack me evey time I stuck my hand in the tank.. think he got sick cause one day he just vanished. I got a funny story... last night I was cleaning and noticed my overflow was barely keeping up with my return flow, bad...have a hagen 802 powerhead drawing air from the siphon on the overflow, noticed the flow had been reduced... cut everything off, stuck my finger in the intake.. and got a nice pinch from my purple lobster..whom had gotten stuck in the intake.. wasn't sure what the hell just happened so I popped the intake cover off and out pops Mr. Lobster, wish I could have caught him because he was going to go to Aquatic Crritter, unless somebody wants him

Tennsquire
05/01/2003, 12:01 PM
I have a mated pair of false percs, and they spend every night wrapped up in a prop tray of various kinds/colors of mushrooms. I have a big patch or ricordia that is starting to almost look like a bubble tip, but they couldn't be less interested in it. When I take a 'shroom or two out to sell or trade, I have to fight them both off. It's pretty comical.

lllosingit
05/01/2003, 12:06 PM
My pair of True Percs hosted a patch of hair algae:(

kevlouie
05/01/2003, 03:01 PM
Hey Scott, Are you going to be around this weekend, maybe we could meet up and swap sand, maybe I could buy a frag or two off of ya, I sent you a PM but I am about to leave work and I'm off tomorrow so give me a call at 789-5601 or e-mail me (no gaurantee I'll recieve it since my dial up at the house is sooo slow)

danieljames
05/02/2003, 12:28 AM
dont get any of scotts frags...they are horrible looking. Just horrible. This guy has no idea what he is doing. You will be disappointed, believe me. Crazy lime green zoa's with orange mouths, red mushrooms, striped neon green mushrooms....absolutely pathetic. Completely encrusted sps frags....its all garbage. Dont even bother.........

danieljames
05/02/2003, 12:29 AM
And if you believe that..........

kevlouie
05/06/2003, 10:37 PM
(or at least bigger and more persistent), hey if any body wants him better speak up or he'll be at AC tomorrow, i will warn you though, he may eat anything not bigger than him, reef safe my ***

doublee8
05/06/2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks Kevin,

I figure that I will do a good enough job killing stuff myself, don't think that I need an ambitious lobster helping me out.

E

EvilMel
05/07/2003, 08:11 PM
You know I read this stuff about clowns the other day and I was like "what are they talking about?". Then I cleaned some hair algae out of my tank (don't ask) and they attacked the hell out of me. Two times they hurt me. I don't know if one of them bit me or hit me with fins really hard but it HURT.

Does anyone want two clowns and a yellow tang? hah hah.

I hate big fish.

Corals and tiny fish all the way.