PDA

View Full Version : Will this Light setup harm Zoos

halibutk
04/30/2003, 06:35 PM
I am purchasing a light setup as follows

30 gallon tank (30" L x 16" high) with a single 250 w halide (10k Ushio) and two 96 watt actinic PCS.

I want to keep SPS and Zoos towards the bottom and the sides or is this too much light for zoos?

cal3v
04/30/2003, 09:30 PM
Hi that lighting setup will work well for both sps and zoos.

Nagel
05/01/2003, 09:24 PM
That lighting setup on that size tank will work for most ANYTHING, you may have to be creative with placement though. Some zoos may prefer lower lights, and you would put them under an overhang or something. I know cause I had zoos in a 40 breeder witth 400w MH over it, they didnt die, but they were't always open. Moved em to VHO's and also moved some under overhangs in that tank and they opened right up.

HTH

stereomandan
05/01/2003, 10:30 PM
How are you going to fit the PC's over the tank? The 96w PC's are 34 inches long.

Dan

halibutk
05/02/2003, 11:25 AM
How are you going to fit the PC's over the tank? The 96w PC's are 34 inches long

MY BAD......Tank 36 inches long not 30L + 1/2 plywood on each side gives 35 inches of cleareance inside. Im going to squeeze them in there.

I thought PC bulbs were only 32.5 inches long Plus another 2 inches for the endcap, gives me just enough room to squeeze them into 36 inches.

However I know nothing works entirely to plan, so im willing to have the tank overhang a bit (inch on each side) to give me 2 moreinches of clearance inside.

Its a custom hood we designed, and everything seems to be coming together on it. ill post pictures when it is done. I cant draw ont he computer so I cant show you real good plans.

Thanks for pointing that out, I can see where it was confusing.