PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Feel The Quake?

Leviathan
04/29/2003, 05:35 AM
Just wondered if anyone else besides me was awake at 3:55a.m. and felt the 4.5 quake that hit.

I was online and all of a sudden the whole house started shaking for about 10-15 seconds. Got to admit it was a bit freaky till I found out what it was.:confused:

bjpembo
04/29/2003, 05:39 AM
where in alabama are you? im in the s.e. corner of arkansas, only one state between us.

edsiajb
04/29/2003, 03:13 PM
It woke me up! I didn't know what had happened. We are very close to many deep underground coal mines...I thought one of them had collapsed or something. A 4.9 on the scale...looks like it was felt in 11 states. Here is a great link:

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/cus/STORE/Xteak/ciim_display.html

Leviathan
04/29/2003, 04:28 PM
where in alabama are you?

Maplesville about 55 miles south of Bham.

Jonathan cool link, I stand corrected I also just found out it was a 4.9 before I read your post. Hope it wasnt a small one leading to a big one:eek2:

Jimbo327
04/29/2003, 04:56 PM
:lol: 4.9 :lol:

:bum: Y'all got a taste of California! :bum: Everytime a tremor rolls through, I run downstairs to check on my tank. :D

Jim

Leviathan
04/29/2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo327
:lol: 4.9 :lol:

:bum: Y'all got a taste of California! :bum: Everytime a tremor rolls through, I run downstairs to check on my tank. :D

Jim

Well being in a spot where this is not common, a 4.9 quake is a lil freaky, I mean Tornados I expect but not an earthquake. Speaking of which I have a video of the Tornado that came through last week( more funnel cloud though it was no longer touching the ground when it got to our house, still a sight to see ), still need to put it on vhs though.

Leviathan
04/29/2003, 05:15 PM
I run downstairs to check on my tank

Funny you should mention that, when I checked my tank it had knocked over a Monti. digitata. Time to get the ole gel out to fix it:D