PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Shrooms

acroporas
04/28/2003, 11:18 PM
Does anyone have any of the other caribbean shrooms other than Ricordea florida. If so please share pics. Discosoma sancitithomae in particular. I love this one bust have I never seen anything but Ricordea.

billsreef
04/30/2003, 09:48 PM
Here's a Discosoma carlgreni. I got a bunch of these in my last order of ricordea. Seldom seen in the trade, so I just smiled and didn't complain ;)

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/517/32red_ricordea.jpg

acroporas
04/30/2003, 09:59 PM
I like it, Any-one else?

SaltwaterSensei
05/01/2003, 02:41 PM
I got one of those...

man they're sweet! they rival yumas in there color, that one on the site looks like its only under 65k but under blues its amzing...

billsreef
05/01/2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by SaltwaterSensei
I got one of those...

man they're sweet! they rival yumas in there color, that one on the site looks like its only under 65k but under blues its amzing...

Hi Jess,

Good guess on the 65K's. Was trying out t-8 actinics on that tank, but the spacers for the t-12 end caps didn't work out so well so they burned up fast and I had to resort to 65k bulbs till my t-12 actinics come in. I'll have to re shoot the photo when I get them installed.

seahorsie
05/02/2003, 09:42 AM
if you go to saltydoggies entry on page 2 of this forum, you will see the Atlantic Mushrooms. We have several species and color varaitions. Our pictures only show 2 kinds.

I personally like them better than ricordea for the pattern and color combos.