PDA

View Full Version : Are we ready?

Noon
04/28/2003, 09:29 PM
To set a date of some kind to get folks together, trade up, sell some stuff and all that good stuff! I know some people said sometime around the end of may-june would be good for them. How about sometime around the last week of may or first week of june? And is anyone willing to host? If not we can hold off a little bit till i can get into the house we are working on atm, and i would be glad to.

Chad

aquaman67
04/29/2003, 07:48 AM
I'm up for the idea...I don't have anything to sell, 'cause I'm new, but I'd be interested in some frags or maybe some cerith snails.

EvilMel
04/29/2003, 09:44 AM
I will be ready by the end of May.

It seems to me that we have not necessarily decided on a city. I think Nashville and Cookeville were on the table.

Noon
04/29/2003, 12:20 PM
Well, the house that I am trying to get finalised is in Lebanon. Not exactly closer for the knoxville folks but I guess it would be better than having to drive through nashville. But, until we have another option im not sure what we could do.

Fishtails
04/29/2003, 10:23 PM
Why not at Captive Bred Corals..If I can get the owner to let us have a swap. That way I could post up some plyers around town and at the lfs. I'm sure they wouldn't mind as long as no one try's to snatch a coral from them. We would also get a bigger crowd IMO. I'm thinking either the last wk. of MAY or first wk. of JUNE is fine. We do need to decide on a area though.

Noon
04/30/2003, 03:30 PM
I would be willing to meet there. Would be a good place i think, buy some trade some ~~ I would just need to know 2-3 weeks in advance of any sure plans.

dmaister
04/30/2003, 10:08 PM
my brother and I are planning to go to captive bred corals on Saturday, May 17th. That's two and a half weeks away. That could be an option.

Fishtails
05/01/2003, 04:22 PM
I'll go up there or call them this weekend and see if it's okay for us to have a swap. I'm sure they won't mind. If everyone else agrees onthe 17th, or if you could wait until the next week I guess it's fine with me. I'll let you guys/gals know by this weekend though.

Noon
05/01/2003, 05:33 PM
Im not sure i can make it until around June. I will be having to work alot of overtime at work starting next week, and that lasts for 3 weeks. Im not completely sure when we get off the extra duties but when thats over I should be up for almost anything.

Fishtails
05/01/2003, 05:34 PM
Noon,
Do you possibly have aim or yahoo messenger?

Noon
05/01/2003, 06:19 PM
yahoo

celina116

Pandarian
05/02/2003, 11:27 AM
yep, me and my brother (dmaister) are heading down to cbc on the 17th.

EvilMel
05/02/2003, 01:11 PM
May 17 is gonna be too soon for me to have many frags ready. I didn't start cutting until this week. My acropora frags are just not doing well anyways.

So if you guys want to have it in Chattanooga that's fine, but I probably won't be able to have that many frags by May 17. I really want to have cut them, and let them grow a bit to see that they are established before I sell them to anyone.

Noon
05/02/2003, 02:21 PM
Yea i think it may be too early for alot of people, it sa bad tim efor me as well. I was thinking more along the lines of around June.

Fishtails
05/02/2003, 02:33 PM
It's fine with me. Just whenever you guys are ready let me know. Dmaister and yellowboyviet, do either of you have some frags you'd sell? I'll be able to get some from you if either of you have any for sale.

Thanks,
Alex

dmaister
05/02/2003, 03:15 PM
we're both relatively new, so we don't have anything in terms of frags yet. That's why we're heading to CBC. :D

adshuraj777
05/03/2003, 08:17 PM
hi,

I'm fairly new to Nashville, been here less than a year. Tank has been set up for about 3 months, its a 90g.

where is Captive Bred Corals, is it in Nashville? If not, where and how far away?

By they way, I'm in...:cool:

AIM
adshuraj777

Pandarian
05/03/2003, 10:05 PM
I think we should just set up a time and date. Who ever can come, come. For some reason I think if we are still stuck on figuring out the time, we will never have a meet.

adshuraj777: welcome to the board. captive bred corals is in chattanooga. http://www.captivebredcorals.com/

Noon
05/04/2003, 12:37 AM
I think the timing thing is the only problem. The only people with frags, like EvilMel, have to have advance warning on being able to get their corals healthy and ready for a swap etc. Since this is still a relatively new board and nothing really has become organised its hrad for someone to just say go. We need to really know what peoples lives allow them to attend to. With the majority saying around the end of may, first of june, I think that would be a great time to shoot for, and pick a date. I cant pick a specific date, as the only thing im trading is green papers.

Tennsquire
05/04/2003, 11:26 AM
I've got some frags, and more fraggable stuff, just not alot of time (although I did mount a few "accidental frags" last night). I know I've talked with some of you about specific corals, and I should be able to do that before long.

One thing to think about in terms of a frag swap is the weather. I've always found it a bad idea to frag corals when tank temperatures (and tank temps) start climbing, since it's just added stress to corals. I think you're going to find the same at Captive Bred, as their frag selection decreases dramatically in the summer months because they don't want to risk their broodstock to fragging. I was down there a few weeks back, and they had alot of stuff; just not alot of stuff I was looking for. Might be a while before I go back.

EvilMel
05/04/2003, 02:29 PM
You know that's quite interesting. I have hit my acropora and knocked off pieces several times and never had a problem with them living until now. We are keeping the windows open and haven't had to turn on the air yet (gets up to 80 for a couple of hours in the afternoon). So it very well could be that that is my problem.

I think I would like to not try to frag my acropora at the moment because 2/3 frags died and I am worried that the main one will die if I don't watch out.

But I will will have some green star polyps (great for newbies), green kinda button polyps (they are brownish in the middle with really green fringed edges), some flat growing sps that's brown, and green spaghetti finger leather (not super green).

EvilMel
05/04/2003, 05:00 PM
oh yeah. I forgot about the tiny frags of green galaxia.

SITNLOWDOWN
05/12/2003, 08:54 AM
hello everyone i go to captive all the time and i am pretty good freinds with greg his fragging is in full force right at the moment he has hired a guy to come in during the week and frag everything he has some nice frags and only getting better by the day the frags are slowly coming out from the back tanks but its a working progress if you all can set up a date for sure i can call greg and see if he would mind doing it i dont think he would he has hosted the atlanta reef club before and he is starting up and tenn or chattanooga reef club up we need members it doesnt cost anything just sign up we would be more than happy to have all of you join but anyways just let me know
thanks daniel
sitnlowdownsouth@aol.com