PDA

View Full Version : Taking down my tank

Corpus Callosum
04/28/2003, 03:35 PM
I was going to wait until summer but I don't feel like dealing with the heat and I'm trying to save up for a car anyway. I have some frags and a nice clam. Will post pics and prices when I feel like it later on. I like to drive and will be able to deliver to your doorstep.

- Mike

Easily Distracted
04/28/2003, 03:51 PM
sci33,
Any chance it is a smallish clam? My tank is only a 55 so I've been keeping an eye open for one 3" or less. If so, please keep me in mind. -John

Jay4Robin
04/28/2003, 05:00 PM
Hey I am in holbrook with a nice reef 90gals.

Evergreen
04/28/2003, 07:26 PM
Why don't we pay a visit to Dr. Hechtel and Dr. Bowman and see if someone won't offer to keep it in their labs? Bring some pictures of it, i am SURE some grad student wouldn't mind helping out?? I hate to see you break down such a beautiful tank.
Are there any fish in there? How large a tank is it again?

Jay4Robin
04/28/2003, 07:35 PM
Dr Jekyle and Mr Hyde??

Kidding I had to do that sorry

Corpus Callosum
04/28/2003, 07:46 PM
Kim, I don't trust anyone with anything in my tank other than myself :) . But anyway I don't want anyone over there babysitting my stuff I'd rather just distribute it to club members. When I do actually show pictures to Hechtel and the rest of the staff, it will be to convince them to give me money to set up a tank for them. This tank is 10 gallons and everything is doing great. I have some pictures from like 2 months ago at the following link, http://free.hostdepartment.com/s/sci33/ , will post new pictures of what I have for sale tomorrow probably.

joefish
04/28/2003, 08:08 PM
It's a sad day when the pres of the reef club takes his tank down .:(

SWW1268
04/28/2003, 08:20 PM
Larry, please delete this thread.

myerst2
04/28/2003, 08:31 PM
Mike I would love to buy the fish from your tank. Please let me know. Thanks a bunch Tim

Corpus Callosum
04/28/2003, 09:05 PM
Tim, the fish in my tank are as follows: (1) Carpenter's wrasse, (2) neon gobies, and (2) threadfin gobies.

The neon gobies I am holding for Peter Y. and the wrasse for Al, I'm assuming you were interested in the wrasse (sorry its taken :( ) but all I have thats available are the threadfins of which are relatively common.

I'll start up a tank again in a few months to a year or more, but what I'm hoping for is to get funding for one from college and set one up there, just like Penn State's awesome tank (Sanjay Joshi teaches there).

- Mike

Easily Distracted
04/28/2003, 09:14 PM
Mike,
I did not realize this was your sole tank. I hope I didn't come off sounding insesitive. I guess I just assumed that this was a separate SPS tank or something. I looked at the website of the tank. It looks awesome. Are you sure you want to do this? -John

Corpus Callosum
04/28/2003, 10:37 PM
John:

Not insensitive at all. My Stichodactyla tapetum has not split yet but it has just about tripled in size, I'll hold it for you (if you're still interested from a while back).

Justjoe
04/28/2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by sci33
I was going to wait until summer but I don't feel like dealing with the heat and I'm trying to save up for a car anyway. I have some frags and a nice clam. Will post pics and prices when I feel like it later on. I like to drive and will be able to deliver to your doorstep.
- Mike

Atlantis always has room for any leftovers...
Joe

Easily Distracted
04/29/2003, 08:22 AM
Mike,
Oh, yeah. The Stichodactyla tapetum. I forgot that was you I was talking to back then. I think the thread about them was what actually led me to the LIRC forum in the first place.:p Weird. That would be great! Just let me know what to do when the time comes. Thanks -John

PS - If you think a letter of recommendation would help, let me know.

Justjoe
04/29/2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by sci33
- Mike

Mike,
Have you tried the all too transparent:
"Folks, I think you should get an air conditioner so YOU can be comfortable this summer" deal?!
Joe

Corpus Callosum
04/29/2003, 09:56 PM
I got an AC in my room since its the attic but its too expensive to run all day while im at school.. just let me get this over with before I have regrets lol..

Corpus Callosum
04/30/2003, 10:24 PM
My colonies are spoken for already so I will post some pics of the frags I have.. was moving stuff around in my tank which is why polyps aren't out incase anyone is wondering..

go into this directory and the pics I am referring to are the last 6 on the bottom which are dated may 1st:
http://free.hostdepartment.com/s/sci33/02_17_03/

P11010002.JPG
plating orange Montipora sp., 3 inches diameter, grown from captive frag aquired from Jason Chi.

P11010006.JPG
orange Montipora digitata with slight pink tips, about 2.5 inches tall, captive frag aquired from coralcity.

P11010008.JPG
T. maxima clam, purchased at 3" but now its probably closer to 3.5" after putting on some growth in my tank, healthy and I will not sell it to anyone who does not have metal halide lighting.

P11010009.JPG
purple plating Montipora sp., about 1.5 inches long, captive frag aquired from coralcity, in another tank with proper lighting it will probably become deeper purple (my tank is too bright).

P11010017.JPG
green Pocillopora sp., about 2" diameter, aquired from Andrew/montepora's tank, in my tank which is too bright it is pale yellow with green tips, in andrews tank it is a dark forest type green, and in another persons tank who received a frag it turned bluish green, so it will probably change color in its future tank as well.

P11010019.JPG
pink tipped Pocillopora sp. (also from andrew), about an inch tall, a month ago it fell into an acropora and was damaged, but has healed and as you can see new growth tips are popping up everywhere, here is a picture of what it looked like before the fall..

http://free.hostdepartment.com/s/sci33/02_17_03/P1010017.jpg

Also in that picture is a reddish/pink tipped acro frag with green polyps that I aquired from MikeG.

contact me if interested in anything, as I said I will deliver (and would love to help anyone with a water change or some hard tank work while I'm dropping it off), email - sci33@optonline.net (no need to reply to this thread just email me). have some more stuff will post pics later on although most is accounted for already.

- mike

should also have some bristleworms, spaghetti worms, and extra snails when I get rid of everything.

Evergreen
04/30/2003, 11:16 PM
I will claim the detritovores!
:wave:

nairda
05/01/2003, 01:41 PM
Hey mike,

Im interested in the purple plating Montipora sp. Email me to let me know. Thanks

Adrian

Corpus Callosum
05/01/2003, 06:49 PM
I also have a large hawaiian feather duster available and a small fancy yellow feather duster. Both have been with me for a while and put on growth after heavy DT's feedings.