PDA

View Full Version : LR and LS Liquidation

Bubafat
03/17/2001, 04:05 PM
Well all, I went home last weekend and my father (who has to take care of my tank since i'm at college) is getting sick of it. He also has been feeding a little excess and my LR has a mad case of hair algae and some cyano.

I'm looking to get rid of it all in one swipe if possible. My best estimate is that there is 30 lbs of LR and 40-50lbs of LS. Although it has hair on the outside, I pulled a couple small pieces out and pulled off all of the algae and there still is a lot of nice corraline algae on it.

I'm selling the Live rock at $1.50 a pound since it'll take some curing in a trash can to get rid of the algae and the live sand for $1/lb, one the condition that you take ALL of it and you pick up (i live about 30 minutes north of Minneapolis). BTW. There are also some small corals, mainly polyps and shrooms that will be thrown in for free.

I also have a beautiful Cheveron tang (about 3.5-4 inches) that i'll sell for the same price i paid for it, $20 (idiots at a LFS thought it was a juv. yellow, haha) but ONLY to someone who will put it in at least a 75 gallon tank that has been set up and cycled for over 6 months. I've had this beauty for over a year and really don't want it to die.

I also have a Clarkii Clown bonded to a Carpet anemone. The carpet is about 6-7 inches across when fully expanded, hasn't wandered at all for over 7 months and is presently being kept under 10k halides. I'll part with this pair for a measly $15, also with the assumption that the new owner has halides and the tank is at least 6 months old. I do not want to sell this to someone only for them to see it die. I have moved it (to school and back and other places) over 5 times in the past and it has only gotten bigger and better. Although the clarkii takes any and all food it can grab to the anemone, i feed it a small chunk (1cm cubed) once every other day of either shrimp, scallops, krill or silversides.

Email me if you have any questions or would like to talk in person (ie. on the phone). I will be at college until next friday in which i have one week that i will be home and able to sell them.

Thank you.
Matt

clownfish
03/17/2001, 08:41 PM
You have mail.

Clyde
03/17/2001, 10:10 PM
you got mail too..

Bubafat
03/21/2001, 06:43 PM
Live rock and Live sand are spoken for.

Chevron tang is still available, and at $20, a steal (check out ffexpress for mail order prices for one if you doubt me). Here's a pic of one http://www.globaldialog.com/~jrice/fish_page/chevrontang.htm

The Clarkii Clown with the Carpet anemone are also still available.

I really have to get rid of these, otherwise they'll have to go to the LFS (who'll probably either kill them themselves or sell them to some idiot who'll buy them because they look pretty and have no clue how to keep them). My deadline is next Thursday, after that, to fishy heaven they go.

Matt

Agu
03/23/2001, 12:31 PM
You have mail.

Agu