PDA

View Full Version : updated CMAS.net

Thomas Sandercock
04/25/2003, 01:44 PM
I have modified the CMAS web site. It is not permanent but rather a start. Marty Bash said previous attempts to change the site have failed—probably because we exceeded our allotted space. I have cleaned out the site (there was a 10 year history of files) and retained the bare bones to make it read like a web site. I tried to set up a quick, simple, and informative first page. Other features will be added. I have tested the site with my two browsers and it seems to work OK. Reply to this message if you see problems.

I would like to add other features in the future. Among them:
1) Photos of members tanks (attention Mike Kirda)
2) A picture of the month (attention Mike Kirda)
3) A list (with pictures?) of organisms cultured by CMAS members. We might want to add the name and email address of people willing to supply a small frag.

We may be limited by space on the server. We are currently using 2M out of 6M. Ambitious plans may need to be placed on a different server with links from the main web site. We may need other volunteers to maintain a more complicated site.

Again, send me your ideas. I make no promises if and when they will be done. I will try to keep the bare bones updated.

makoshark
04/25/2003, 02:05 PM
Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to revamp the CMAS website. If I can be of any help please let me know.

fletch33
04/25/2003, 09:41 PM
Looks very nice :)

I am glad to not have to read the banner scrolling across the screen now :bum:

Fletch33

PS I missed the last fraggie swap when is the next. But when I say missed I really mean (keep reading) didnt want to go, the tank was still in a cycle and didnt want to kill the corals I KNOW I would have bought. :)