PDA

View Full Version : CMAS Website

makoshark
04/24/2003, 12:54 PM
I'm kicking around the idea of working on the CMAS.net web site in the off season. Just to keep expectations in check "I promise you nothing!", however it is an area of interest to me so I'd like to see how it might turn out.

If I'm going to do it I'll need graphical content. I'll need as many digital pictures as possible, preferably from establised tanks. You'll quickly grow tired of my mushrooms and xenia's since that's all I have in the tank.

I would like to call to arms all of the digital photographers whom would be willing to send me royalty free pictures that I can manipulate and use to help our poor tired website.

Please do not give me the title of webmaster since that is a sure fire way to doom the project.

Send me a PM if you are willing to help out.

jbash
04/25/2003, 11:45 AM
Tom Sandercock just redid the web site (yeah!). Take a look, http://www.cmas.net

It is much simplified but everything works! I's sure Tom would love volunteers to help. He has already mentioned adding tank pics and a couple other things.

jim b

makoshark
04/25/2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by jbash
Tom Sandercock just redid the web site (yeah!). Take a look, http://www.cmas.net

It is much simplified but everything works! I's sure Tom would love volunteers to help. He has already mentioned adding tank pics and a couple other things.

jim b

Way to go Tom! Sometimes simplicity is all you need.

When I was kicking around the idea I originally thought of keeping it simple just to get the ball rolling and more current information out to the members. I think that a big part of the problem was that other webmasters fealt that their reputations were on the line in taking over the project. They fealt that they had to come up with something more spectacular than what we originally had yet all we need is something tells people about the club, what we're doing and how to get to the meetings. Pictures and logos will make it more visually appealing but we can work on that over time. I'll email Tom and see how I can help.

To other members who want to help out. I'm still looking for pictures. Digital images of the Shedd Aquarimums Coral Tank would be nice too.

Jeff

bradsch
04/25/2003, 11:49 PM
Hi, my name is Brad and I have been a member of the club for 5 months. I am a graphics technician by trade, and have some ideas for a new GUI for the website. I thought it best to start with a new logo.

See attached logo idea.

Brad

bradsch
04/26/2003, 12:45 AM
logo

mkirda
04/28/2003, 04:23 PM
Tom's already hit me up for images... I think I have about 3 3" binders filled full of slides at this point. I just have to go out there and have him scan a few.

Because the web site has such a small site limit, this will likely require that we move to another web host soon anyway.

Regards.
Mike Kirda