PDA

View Full Version : Magic Mushrooms

aLittletank
05/03/2000, 01:21 PM
I am thinking about adding some shrooms to the nano reef. what I have read indicates that they basicly just need salt water to thrive.
has this been your experience? OR do you add stuff (technical term :)) to promote their growth.

I have seen cool green ones but what other colors can be found ?

thanks Reefers
Allen

Jester
05/03/2000, 01:38 PM
My mushrooms are a kinda blue color. Sometimes they look purple, but most of the time they are a blueish color. I haven't had mine that long so they haven't grown a noticable amount. I have heard they like iodine, I'm not sure if this is correct. I add iodine for my anemone so the mushrooms are getting some, too. Good luck. :)

Jester

Joez
05/03/2000, 01:53 PM
Easy to keep; of course anything can be killed.

Most thrive best in lower light (mine grow fastest and multiply most under the shade of rock or other animals).

I don't add elements; just water changes and top off with kalk.

newkie
05/04/2000, 12:01 AM
Agreed, no additives necessary. If you have MH the would probably appreciate not being directly beneath them. They do need light though, but will do their best to stretch themselves big to capture it if there isn'te enough. I have green, green stripped, red, and blue shrooms. The red are new, others I've been keeping approx 1 year. They have easily doubled their population. They've spread to some nearby polyps, who have reacted negatively to the shrooms. Easy to keep, great starter choice!

shred5
04/17/2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by mgrossman
reading old posts to learn

Why are you bumping up all these old post's and posting the samething....

Dave

datman422
04/17/2005, 04:14 PM
I have this thing for Ricordia. They from the florida keys. the colors on them are jjust amazing.