PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to Missouri June 13th

magicreef
04/21/2003, 12:07 PM
We got relocated to Ft Leonard wood & Ihave a 55 gal I'll be starting up again. I've already heard thers no pet store near there & to go to St Louis but I am not thrilled of having to drive 2 1/2 hrs just to get to a fish store. Am I going to have buy most my stuff online except for maybe the ocassional run to stock up on salt? (don't plan of getting that online because of the weight cost to ship) I'm really disappointed but still looking foreward to moving. This place sucks much worse.

TooFar2Sea
04/21/2003, 10:33 PM
Have you tried the Mid-Missouri forum? They might know of some LFS closer to your new location.

magicreef
04/22/2003, 09:01 AM
No I didn't know there was one. Thanks I'll do that.

griss
04/22/2003, 09:46 AM
FWIW, I believe the Mid-Missouri forum is pretty much dead. The person that started that group left RC over a year ago and the only traffic there recently has been primarily St. Louis people.

Magicreef, you might want to try PMing Icepick96. He lives in Rolla which is closer to you than St. Louis. He might have some suggestions on stores.

George

icepick96
04/23/2003, 01:57 AM
My suggestion is ROADTRIP! St. Louis bound! It's that or online. For salt I usually order the 200g salt mix buckets. Last I ordered from Big Als. Once again the elusive icepick makes an appearance...............

griss
04/23/2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by icepick96
Once again the elusive icepick makes an appearance...............
:lol:

George

magicreef
04/23/2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for your 2 cents icepick, now I don't have to PM you. :D

icepick96
04/24/2003, 02:13 AM
magicreef,

If I might ask were are you relocating from. Just curious if it's really worse? If you do take a trip up to St. Louis there are some good people to visit while there......... Just let 'em know your coming. One last thing if your ever out driving around and you hear banjos playing the theme song from Deliverence, step on the gas and don't look back...................

magicreef
04/24/2003, 05:49 PM
Right now we live in Great Falls, Montana; only because of the Air Force.

Why would the song from Deliverence bother me, I'm from east Tennessee?

griss
04/25/2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by magicreef
Right now we live in Great Falls, Montana; only because of the Air Force.

Why would the song from Deliverence bother me, I'm from east Tennessee?
You are kidding, I was just in Great Falls two weeks ago on business:D

George

magicreef
04/25/2003, 03:40 PM
Griss, Nope I'm not kidding, so do you think Great falls is worse than where I'm going?

griss
04/25/2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by magicreef
Griss, Nope I'm not kidding, so do you think Great falls is worse than where I'm going?
Hmmm, I have not been in the Ft. Leonard Wood area in 10+ years, so I really could not tell you. From memory, FLW is a smaller town than Great Falls was this year, but remember that was a long time ago in the days of my youth:D

Wish I would have known you were there, we could have had a beer or 12 together:)

George

kentrob11
04/26/2003, 01:13 AM
Holy crap Icepick! You're alive! How've ya been man? We need to do another pizza night and steal George's panzy @ZZ from home duty so we can get him drunk....uhhh...wait a minute- it takes him like 46 beers to get drunk so we'll just give him a case and make him Designated Driver!

griss
04/28/2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by kentrob11
Holy crap Icepick! You're alive! How've ya been man?
I think Icepick is just a figment of our imagination:D

George

reef-man_d-man
04/30/2003, 09:44 AM
MagicReef,

Ft. Leonard Wood isin't to far from Rolla right? Well I make strips downthere every few weeks so if you need something I could pick it up and bring it to you when I come, Im alreays there so I don't mind let me know.

Dallas

magicreef
05/03/2003, 02:21 PM
Dallas, You are correct. Rolla is 25 miles from St Robert (Ft Wood) Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it.

beefcake
05/08/2003, 11:10 PM
There might at least be a petco (i know) out there. They carry salt water stock.

Mrs Smith
05/22/2003, 02:06 PM
Hey there,

There are also a couple of shops in Springfield. (South on I-44 about 2 hours)

Many of the Kansas City reefers hang out at www.fishheads.org . While KC is a farther drive than St. Louis, we have a couple of guys who drive in from the Fort-Lost-In-The-Woods area.

Danielle

magicreef
05/27/2003, 03:53 PM
Less than 3 weeks till our move & those asses won't give us a house till we get there. what a pain

We have such bad shortitis right now. I'm ordering LR as soon as we get our cpu hooked back up in the new house & the back of the tank painted.

jpfelix
05/29/2003, 08:11 PM
FIY midmo is not dead just more into www.fishheads.org as a chat board. not sure why, i prefer it here. there are a couple of stores here in jeff city but there are also those mentioned in springfield. btw welcome to our hole in society. fort wood is not a bad place it has really grown with the military increase. it is small towny but there are things to do in the area.

any questions or complaints are welcome.