PDA

View Full Version : Reef Tour Overwhelming Success

macreefer
04/21/2003, 11:55 AM
IMASers,

I don't know about you guys but I was very pleased with our first reef tour. The tanks were very cool and I was amazed at the interest. My guess is we had about 60-70 new people that I've never seen before. About 1/4 of those became card carrying members and attended Tyree's talk and I believe a few signed up for our mentor program. With over $1000 in raffle items we sold over 400 tickets. The financial details will be out in a couple weeks after the committee meeting. This means we have more funds to bring in more great speakers. Steve Tyree was great. I leanred a bunch of new stuff and had a great time hanging out with him. Next month we're electing officers so use the list serve to indicate if you'd like to hold an office please. Thank you everyone who helped which includes all the officers. In addition Jim Turnbough helped, Angie Hopf and Glen Johnstone. Potential officer holders next year? Hmm. By the way Catherine Olds was responsible for a great deal of the success of this venture. I was out of town and sick three days before that so when i got back Catherine kept me on track, organized the raffle with Angie and Jim and we can't forget Mark who hosted the event. My suggestion is we do the same thing next year on the same Saturday before Easter. By the way both Eric Borneman and Anthony Calvo have commited to attend and speak to us this fall and or next spring. I vote for Eric for our reef tour next year.

Kel