PDA

View Full Version : Any Utah reefers around Salt Lake City??

Toomnymods
04/21/2003, 10:58 AM
Just wondering, I'll be moving into a city nearby named Sandy pretty soon, and I'm gonna need help finding the best aquatic store, although it's gonna be hard to top Aquatic Wharehouse here in San Diego.. :/ hopefully I can find something comparable.. I'd also like to know of any reefer clubs / organizations in the area, I'll be setting up a 150 gallon reef in the next 3 months and will need help planning it / setting up, etc.. Knowledge is power, I've found that out from my 5 years of breeding show quality bettas and without it you will never succeed.. I'm the kinda guy that gains far more knowledge from a person showing me something than reading something from a book, looking at pics, etc.. Just let me know if you'd be willing to help, and I promise soon as my SPS frags grow out I'll contribute back to the club or persons 10 fold whatever is given to me in advice or frags.. ;)

AWD
04/21/2003, 11:24 AM
Hi I live in Provo, which is 30-40 minutes from Sandy. You may have lots of questions I will try to answer what I can, davisandy1@hotmail.com. www.utahreefs.com is the site for the reef club. I know there is a Pet store is Sandy that is supposed to have incredible corals at a premium price Unforunately I'm not sure of the name. I don't have very many frags cause I'm setting up a 600 gallon, but there are quite a few here that do.

Andy

Toomnymods
04/21/2003, 11:30 AM
WOW 600 gallon, hehe I need to take some pics of my 30 gallon today, to show you guys it's been going now for little over a yr and is turning out nicely, but I'm ready to get a huge tank. I think a 150 will be about my financial limit, I just have no clue really what size pumps I need for my closed loop,and chiller, and figure a Iwaki MD70RLT will be enough for the return pump from sump. Plumbing I think is where I know I'll need the most help.. hopefully I can meet up with some friends that are willing to teach me the tricks of the trade..
thanks,
Chris

Wade2185
04/21/2003, 01:12 PM
I live in Springville which is about 40 miles south of Sandy. There is a great fish store in Orem that I frequent called Aquatica. Shawn Barton is the owner (801) 224-1515. He is a great guy and is very knowledgable. He has a great selection of corals, etc. I highly recommend him. There is a store in Sandy called The Aquarium. They have a great selection of corals and fish but they are very high priced. There are several other smaller shops in the Salt Lake area but none of them compare to Aquatica or The Aquarium. There is a place called Mountain Shadows Marine in Centerville but I have never been there before. I have heard alot of good things about Mountain Shadows and plan on visiting them soon. Hope this helps!

Toomnymods
04/21/2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the help guys soon as I get to sandy I'll be sure to look up the people in the Utah Reefs Club for some help and advice I'm sure I'll need all the advice I can get for this project.. :P
Chris