PDA

View Full Version : Next Meeting - May 31st 2:00 Cheshire, CT

Mickey
04/19/2003, 10:04 PM
Life has been pretty hectic for me these last few weeks but I at least wanted to get a quick post out about the next meeting.

Schedule is for May 31st (the Saturday after Memorial Day weekend) at my house in Cheshire. I thought 2:00 might be a good time to start.

Let me know if you plan to come and I'll attempt to keep the thread updated.

I'll email directions to all paid members and anyone else who says their coming and gives me an email address (PM's or emails are fine).

I'll provide a few snacks and drinks, but donations will also be welcome.

Happy Easter everyone. Catch you all later.

Mickey

ThingsReef
04/20/2003, 05:05 AM
Looking forward to it! As of right now I have nothing planned...and tax season is over. Hope to make it and looking forward to having one at your place.

pncstod
04/20/2003, 07:15 AM
Sent you a PM............

minh_han
04/20/2003, 08:05 AM
Mike and I plan to be there. Maybe Egan can come too. Are we doing any trades or raffles?

ladymagicka
04/20/2003, 09:56 AM
i plan on attending also, i PM'd you

Mickey
04/20/2003, 07:34 PM
Here's the list of attendees as of 04/20/2003:

1. ThingsReef (Bill) :thumbsup:
2. PNCStod (Paul) plus wife and 1 yr.old son :thumbsup:
3. Ladymagicka (Danielle) :thumbsup:
4. Minh, Mike and Egan :thumbsup:

Dazed1
04/21/2003, 08:15 AM
I should be there as well. :)

joe123987
04/21/2003, 10:16 AM
Count me in

fishgal53
04/21/2003, 11:22 AM
I won't be there ..will be away but i will be thinking of you all trading and having a great time. See you next month if your looking for a park J.B. Williams in Glastonbury Ct. is a great place for a party it has a Kitchen and a covered grilling area. Its right off Rt. 2 exit 9 http://www.nelsap.org/ct/jbwilliams.html
Fishgal

fishgal53
04/21/2003, 12:07 PM
J.B. Williams in Glastonbury Ct. is booked almost every weekend in the summer if you are interested call this # 652-7678 and its $75.00

LeslieP
04/21/2003, 01:38 PM
I would like to try to be there, but I am not all that positive that I will make it. At some point, this kid is going to pop out :eek1: and seeing as how I've never done this before, I may still be sticking close to home at that point. Due date is next Wed., but this one doesn't seem to be in any rush to come out and play yet - probably waiting for the weather to get nicer, I know I would. I will have to let you know as the meeting gets closer. At least I have more time to watch my tank!

minh_han
04/21/2003, 03:25 PM
Leslie, I think you should come anyways. I've delivered tons of babies, and I've always wanted to do a home birth. :) What, no go? Oh well, maybe on your second baby when you're old hat at the whole labor and delivery thing. :D Maybe you'll deliver beforehand and can bring your child with you. that would be way cool.

jdmarano
04/21/2003, 03:49 PM
Mickey, sent you a PM, I'm planning on attending...looking forward to meeting you all...see you there...Jason

Bruce
04/21/2003, 04:45 PM
Minh delivering Leslie's baby at the meeting :eek: :eek1:

That would be the all time best reef meeting. I can't stop laughing thinking about it. I can hear it now, "Quick, somebody boil some Kalkwasser, Leslie's about to give birth!!"

ladymagicka
04/21/2003, 05:38 PM
I have the massage end of things covered...lol... Leslie seems like the thing to do

toberdick
04/21/2003, 07:25 PM
This kind of sucks. I've been wanting to hook up with you guys for a meeting, but you keep scheduling them when I can't make it. The weekend of the 31st I'll be in Chicago. Maybe next time...

-Todd

Mickey
04/21/2003, 08:08 PM
Leslie:

Try to come. They won't let this baby be more than 2 weeks late so by then it will be two or three weeks old. More than old enough to come out.

It's been a long time since mine were babies and I'd love to hold her or him.

Mickey

minh_han
04/21/2003, 09:55 PM
Well, Todd, maybe just for you, we can have an in-between get together just for the heck of it. :) How about VN food in E Hartford? Mike and I are always up for that.

And as for delivering babies. First, the first child is always the hardest and longest. I've labored with women for over 48 hours, and it's not fun for her or me. Second, when the baby actually comes, it's just like a quarterback catching the ball after the HUT is called. Just don't fumble! :eek: Mickey is right though. If you are due in a few days, the longest the doctors will go before they induce you is 42 weeks.

wetone
04/22/2003, 01:11 PM
Tell me more about the club and meetings....I live in Cheshire and would love to hook up with other area reefers.....

LeslieP
04/22/2003, 02:09 PM
You guys keep me laughing like this and the kid will be here in NO time! And my husband did play a lot of football so there shouldn't be any fumbles :eek2:

I'll try to make it, all the family should be gone and I know I will want to be getting out and about ;)

dburr
04/22/2003, 06:22 PM
Count me in.:D

Mickey
04/22/2003, 08:34 PM
Wetone -
We are just a group of people, varied backgrounds, but all very interested in reefs. Some have been involved for years and some are new. Our meetings are an opportunity to get together, talk, share stories, ask questions, compare notes, etc. Occasionally we have a speaker and we would love to do more of that if more members will speak up and volunteer. We just started meeting at people's houses.

The next meeting is at my house in Cheshire so it should be very easy for you. It's on Saturday, May 31st at 2:00. I'll send directions out once I get around to writing them.

Hope to see you then.

Mickey

ez1ez
04/22/2003, 09:06 PM
Im there... should I bring clean towels? Just in case Minh needs them...

toberdick
04/22/2003, 10:18 PM
In between get-together sounds good to me. What does VN stand for? Vietnamese? If so, I'd have to say that I've never tried it before, but if it's anything like Thai, Korean, Japanese or Chinese I'd likely become a fan pretty quickly!

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next full blown meeting. The only downside is the distance -- anyone in the club hail from down Stamford way? I'm in the process of building a house in Monroe right now (which includes my dream tank), so at least when I move the meetings will be closer.

-Todd

jdmarano
04/23/2003, 06:42 AM
Yup, VN = Vietnamese...I've never had the food either, but since Minh lives so close, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before I do.

I use to live down in Norwalk, I'm guessing from Stamford it should only take you between an 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to get to Cheshire, probably head up Rt 8 if I remember correctly...

ladymagicka
04/23/2003, 09:42 AM
once directions are up, you can mapquest it, but Stamford to Cheshire -- an hour tops prob 40 min or so,, then again a little back road time too.

toberdick
04/23/2003, 10:57 AM
I was just saying that it's a long ride, but I would still go to the Cheshire meeting if I wasn't going to be out of town. I grew up in Wallingford and had friends from a lot of the towns you guys are from (even those of you from out in the middle of nowhere -- did I see someone from Marlborough?) because I went to Xavier and a lot of the guys came from around the area up there. My parents still live in Wallingford, so I'm up there a lot anyway!

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next meeting (or any in-between meetings).

-Todd

Bruce
05/02/2003, 09:33 AM
Bump^

:)

Bruce

generalee
05/03/2003, 09:31 PM
We will be there.

billwinterholer
05/09/2003, 10:37 PM
I apologize for sticking my nose in, but had to comment: Stamford (or most places in Fairfield county) it might be better to just shoot east on the Merritt to Hamden and then head up 10.

I'd like to go to meet you all, but not sure my work schedule would allow it.

Bill

Mickey
05/10/2003, 08:37 PM
In the next few minutes directions will be emailed to everyone on my member list, anyone who attended one of the last two meetings, or anyone who expressed interest and I had their email address. A few people who PM'd me got directions PM'd back as I didn't have the email addresses.

So if you didn't get directions and you want them, please email me or PM me with your email address. I will also add you to my master email address.

I lost count of how many are coming, but it looks to be a good turnout.

See you all then.
Mickey

bdr127
05/12/2003, 10:15 AM
I moved to Norwalk about a month ago, and have gotten active in this forum. I'm eager to meet my fellow CT reefers... I am interested in becoming a member and attending the upcomnig meeting. Could someone possibly send me some info on joining and also add me to the group email list? Thanks.

--Brad

ThingsReef
05/12/2003, 10:26 AM
Brad,
Check out ctars.org for info on the club and joining. Hope to meet you at the meeting.

nakama
05/22/2003, 06:41 PM
This will be my first meeting. I'm really looking forward to it. Should I bring a frag or something?
Regards, Nakama:beer:

bdr127
05/22/2003, 09:24 PM
How many people are going to be at the meeting?

Should I bring a frag or something?

We should most certainly have a frag-swap! Coming from the Boston Reefers, we end every meeting with an all out frag-for-all.... basically people just milling around, looking for people to buy/sell/trade frags, fish, etc. Most deals have been arranged ahead of time in the RC forum, so that makes it easier. (Feel free to check it out to see how they do it -- http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187576 )

Perhaps we should start a thread here and people can post what they have to trade and sell and what they are looking for. All others that plan on attending can do the same. Sound good?

--Brad

minh_han
05/22/2003, 10:27 PM
Brad, I already started such a thread. And Nakama, I would encourage you to bring as many frags as possible! There are always people who will trade with you. Some people will be able to buy some frags. Or, if you feel generous, you could donate frags to the raffle that we often have as a way to raise some additional funds for the club to take care of various misc expenses (web fees, raffle tickets, etc). Of course, you could also outright give a small frag or two to newbies starting out their tank. I was definitely in that position when Mike and I hosted the last meeting in March. We were given a number of frags that have done quite well in the tank and have started to divide. Once they frag themselves and grow out a bit, we'll have some things to trade or share.

Bruce
05/28/2003, 09:40 AM
bump :)

ctreefer
05/28/2003, 04:21 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've been away for a bit (here but busy on other ventures) and
haven't been keeping up with the comings and goings. I feel
really bad, especially for my tank. Between remodeling the house
and entertaining my son my tank has turned into a weed farm.
My wife finally got on my case and I'm in the process of turning
it back around. Just bought a new set of lights, did the water
change and did lots of pruning. Anyone ever hear of batophora?
I've got an invasion. Anyways, once again I'll miss being at
this next meeting, but hopefully by the next one my tank will
be producing.

Keep in touch

vince in milford

eifert
05/29/2003, 09:34 PM
Sorry all, I can't make it. I'm gonna have to get to one of these things!

-Steve

Ryan22
05/30/2003, 09:41 AM
I can't make it either, Sorry:(

ladymagicka
05/30/2003, 06:03 PM
I don't think I am going to make it after all at this point.. still just a chance, i'll know for sure tomorrow...if I do I have directions already. ciao :clown:

LeslieP
05/30/2003, 06:12 PM
Sean and I will also have to bail on the meeting tomorrow - my mother-in-law is visiting and needs her baby fix. I didn't realize that she would still be here (she's actually a fun mom-in-law) when I said that I'd try to make the meeting. It just means that all my stuff has more time to grow for the next meeting and I have that much more to trade. enjoy the meeting, I'm sorry that I'll miss you all.

Leslie

Mickey
05/30/2003, 08:47 PM
We'll miss you all.

See the rest of you tomorrow around 2:00..........

If anyone needs directions still, email me or send me a PM and I'll try to check a few times between now and then.

Mickey