PDA

View Full Version : MH & Power Compacts: What combination?

TPHAN
04/19/2003, 02:55 AM
Hey what's up everyone! I have questions concerning lighting options that are just way to frustating for me at the moment because I don't want to spend the money and come to find out I needed the other type of bulb.

The setup is for now, a Iwasaki 6500K 250w bulb. I would like to add some PC's because the bulb is to yellow for me. Don't get me wrong, I wanted this bulb because of the "PAR" rating for growth but the yellowish tint is not to eye pleasing so I need something to drown that out.

My question is I like the blue'ish white'ish tint of the 12000K Sunbursts' and wondering how would I be able to achieve that with PC's and the MH bulb I have right now? Should I go with 2 55w Actinics or should I go with 1 10,000K & 1 Act 03? Anyone that has a setup similiar to this please let me see some pictures and any suggestions you might have that will help me decide.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Nanook
04/19/2003, 09:48 AM
[welcome]

What are the measurements of that tank? I think VHO actinics by URI balance the yellow appearance of the Iwasakis! You could try adding two bulbs at first and see how it looks, if it doesn't help enough, you could add two more.

I have a 58g with a single 400w Iwasaki bulb and four 3ft VHO actinics...the color of the tank is nice with this large amount of actinics...plus the coloration of the corals with VHOS and Iwasakis is very nice.

Nanook

TPHAN
04/19/2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the WELCOME! Heres description: I have a small tank which measures 24"Lx20"Hx12.5"D. The room is restricted so I can't fit anything over 24L" inches under my hood. I thought about VHO's since I had them before but that would mean I have to get a new Workhorse for this setup which is fine but I would first like to utilize what I have before that if thats the case. What I have right now is a WH3 ballast that can light up two 55w PC's. So anyone else with some suggestions? :confused: