PDA

View Full Version : T5 M or gull-wing reflectors?

Obi-dad
04/18/2003, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know of where to get 'M' or 'gull-wing' reflectors for T5 bulbs? Or even T8 bulbs? These are supposed to reflect more light due to less re-strike.

sharpy16
04/18/2003, 11:55 PM
If you want you could take a trip to the coral reef aquarium (http://www.inverts.com) in seekonk, ma but that would be kind of a trek for you. It is a very nice store, I was just there today and asked about the T-5s, he has them setup on one of his mushroom tanks and uses the sunlight supply reflectors, he has many different sizes in stock. The reflectors are real nice and most of the light gets back to the tank. He sells online also you will not be disappointed. Give them a call.

moonpod
04/19/2003, 10:17 AM
The gullwing reflectors can also be ordered from overseas, as the one called the "gullwing" or "m" is made by arcadia and deltec, both european companies. Call Watford aqauarium in the UK. The other option domestically is the teklight reflectors by sunlight supply. I've got those--very nice. reefgeek.com has those in stock. I believe that happyreefing has some sort of reflector and PFO might be manufacturing one as well.

KLBJR
04/19/2003, 12:42 PM
I HAVE A QUESTION!! which would be the best, single reflectors or one big reflector for all the blubs.:D :D

moonpod
04/19/2003, 01:03 PM
The "best" is a single reflector per bulb or a design that has each bulb in it's own "indentation" in the reflector. However the downside is that this decreases the number of bulbs you can use so....maximize each bulb, or compromise a little and get more bulbs....

KLBJR
04/19/2003, 01:45 PM
i was just wondering because pfo has a setup that has eight blubs, but they are all under one reflector, like eleven inchs wide!!! with ice cap ballast.

moonpod
04/19/2003, 08:04 PM
That PFO unit doesn't maximize the output from each bulb, but you do get the benefit of lots of bulbs....no one really knows how much it matters.