PDA

View Full Version : Where to get reasonably large amounts of cyanoacrylate glue????

Andrew-R-Fidler
04/18/2003, 02:06 PM
I remember talking to Doug at the Feb frag trade...bantering about how when colonies get about fist sized to frag them into multiple colonies to minimize the risk of the whole colony getting injured/infected and dying off.

There was also this discussion for a few seconds about how I can go to craft stores and pick up some nice big tubes of cyanoacrylate glue to stick down my frags, and I can quit screwing around with DURO Superglue-gel. It's to the point where I sit down to frag, use the glue sparingly, and I end up using up multiple tubes!

Well, I haven't found any sizeable glue...it's all in the 2ml tubes...very small and precise, but not economically efficient!

Any ideas???

Merkur
04/18/2003, 03:10 PM
i'm new to chicago, so i can't tell you specifically where to go. but you need to find a place that sells radio controlled airplanes and the stuff people use to build them. CA will be available in many size containers and in various viscosity's. i imagine the 'thick' stuff would work best for frags.

oh yeah, and its way cheaper.

SPS Reef
04/18/2003, 05:05 PM
You can try this place WWW.E-Zbond.com they have the Cyanoacrylate glue your looking for # 1-161500

Micky
04/18/2003, 07:59 PM
Chicago peeps... Hobby Lobby has bottles of cyanoacrylate called Flash in 1 oz. bottles. I think I paid about $8.00 bucks.. Best of luck....:bum: