PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Mushrooms

slylie
04/17/2003, 08:26 PM
Well, I was at the LFS to get some liverock today, and I saw a piece of rock about 5lbs with 3 different types of mushrooms, 3 medium hawaiian Featherdusters, and sponge.. just sitting in the back of the coral tank. I've been meaning to get some mushrooms and zoo's for my tank but I Was going to wait a bit. There was no price on it, so I casually asked a worker there the price, and he said it was $30, CDN!

well, I know better than to buy on inpulse but it was too good to be true. The rock sold as liverock would be worth it.

So, I got them home, placed them high up (I only have flourecent lighting), and got them on a medium flow...

besides that, anything I Should watch out for? any tips on keeping them?

thanks. :)

(pics to come soon)

Azurel
04/17/2003, 08:30 PM
Dang that was a good deal, shrooms are pretty easy really don't like real bright light unless they are ricordias so you should be ok with the flourecent lighting...

slylie
04/17/2003, 11:26 PM
they are ricordias.. two are like yellow/green/orange, two are Rose coloured, and there is one blue one.. all ricordias. I have them at the top of my tank so they get some good light. I also removed all the hermits from the tank just incase.

dc
04/18/2003, 07:52 AM
I need to find a deal like that! I paid $45 for a rock of plain green ones. I have mine up high under 4-96w pcs. But the babies that have dropped off down below seem to be growing just fine.

Scopaeniform
04/19/2003, 05:53 PM
:eek2: OK, I am jealous. If you would have bought those same items seperately they could have been double that cost. If it has two feather dusters then you are already looking at least a price of $20. Add in the shrooms for what most places sell them and you come out way ahead. I don't even have to mention the live rock Way to go on finding a GREAT deal!

minh_han
04/19/2003, 06:01 PM
That's pretty impressive. Most places sell ricordia for $10-$20 per polyp. I bought my feather duster for $17. Well, maybe I'll find a deal like that some day!

slylie
04/20/2003, 10:50 PM
yeah thats what amazed me, cuz just before I asked the guy how much this shell was that was in the tank, it was an oyster shell that had a ricordia on it. he said "ricordias are $10 each"

BTW; do I need to feed them?

slylie
04/21/2003, 09:17 PM
here's the rock.

http://members.rogers.com/plaskosd/rock.JPG

http://members.rogers.com/plaskosd/sponge.jpg

minh_han
04/21/2003, 10:06 PM
Lucky dog! The rock by itself was worth more than that!

PunksRevenge
04/24/2003, 12:59 AM
I got a rock like that once for what seemed like a good price, til i realized after it was in my tank it had flatworms in it.