PDA

View Full Version : WTB or WTT Bulb Anemone

kellypark
04/17/2003, 03:59 PM
Hello.
Dose anyone have bulb anemone to sell or trade?
I think I have too much rock in my tank, Maybe I can trade one of big piece and will make up difference with cash.
I have two clown in my tank and I like them to have little place to to be comfort.

I guess it can be any other kind of anemone to but I like the look of bulb anemone and don't know much about any others
Let me know...

Kelly

murphs5150
04/19/2003, 01:26 AM
If you cant find a bulb anemone, or not that combfortable with the care of a different type of anemone you might want to check out a bubble coral. I've had clowns go from bubble corals to mushrooms, to a elegance. Just giving you another option :p

Micky
04/19/2003, 07:56 PM
My maroons love to hang out in and on mushrooms.......

kellypark
04/20/2003, 02:57 AM
Is there any special type of mushroom that I should look for?
At that time bulb anemone was only one that I knew.
Now, I am looking any kind of frag of anything. maybe xenia too.

And I was happy to meet some of CMAS member, I had to change to Jim Bash, and couple of others
Presentation by Puffer queen (another Kelly) was very interesting also.
Too bad I can only goto maybe one more meeting till september.

jbash
04/21/2003, 04:27 PM
Kelly-
Actually there IS only one more meeting before September, we take summers off:-) During summer there will be a picnic and perhaps a tank tour or two (like an open house where a member invites folks to come look at his/her tanks and sit around and talk if they want).

But evidently the CMAS experience (before my time) is that members get too busy in summer (gardening, vacations, kids out of school, etc) and that regular meetings don't draw enough people. So we have a meeting the 3rd Saturday in May and then start again in September.

BTW, I don't think a topic has been picked for May. John Brandt and Mike Kirda are in charge of programs.

jim b

jbash
04/21/2003, 04:38 PM
As I wrote you privately, I'm not sure which anenome is the "bulb". We have several "bubble tips" (E Quad) although ours never have bubbles near the ends. I understand that the bubbles are uncommon in captivity and not alway apparent in the wild. This is commonly considered easiest anenome to keep (I think) and one nice feature is they tend to stay in one place once they get settled!

So we have 2 Clarkis in a regular E quad (actually they have 2 e quads close together) and 3 pink skunk clowns in a Rose E Quad. The 3 have not always gotten along and the odd one(s) out have seemed happy with euphillia as surrogates (sp?, commonly called frogspawn, anchor, hammer, depending on tentacle shape).

In our cases the clowns took to the anenomes almost instantly. I've read threads where this doesn't happen. There is a good clownfish book (Joyce somebody) where she talks about which anenomes are natural hosts for which clowns and which anenomes are also used by which clowns in captivty. (I think it is her book, she has the only whole book on Clownfish that I'm aware of). Our Clarkis were a pair when we got them, if I remember correctly, and have been breeding regurlarly. The 3 pink skunks werte all small and we hope eventually one will turn female and one male.

Happy Reefing!

jim b

kellypark
04/21/2003, 05:20 PM
Hello,
I guess I meant by "bubble tips".
I heard that it dose get along well with clown, that's why I was looking for that.
Also, thanks for your recomendation, Maybe I will stop by library to check it out.
Thanks.